Can someone please answer some questions regarding Iden and her Droid?

By Erichxzann, in Rules

Hey all,

So my friend and I had some questions come up in a game tonight around Iden and her Seeker Droid:

Is the droid its own character and can it be attacked? It doesn’t have a command token so we were unsure about this.

When looking for an attack, can I use line of sight from the droid? Does the droid add cover?

If Iden is engaged with an enemy unit, is the droid also engaged? This came up when playing Incapacitate, which leads to another question.

Can Incapacitate be played on a unit engaged with Iden/Droid?

If Iden plays Pulse Scan, performs an attack and then gains a Standby token, can Iden attack again when a unit pops the Standby? If so, does she retain the Sharpshooter keyword for the entire round?

Does Standby happen before or after an enemy unit in Range 2 performs an attack?

If their are only Critical results on dice, can a Dodge token be spent to activate Deflect?

Thanks in advance for any answers, I know there is a bit here but I am relatively new to the game and still have some areas.

Edited by Erichxzann
1 hour ago, Erichxzann said:

Hey all,

So my friend and I had some questions come up in a game tonight around Iden and her Seeker Droid:

Is the droid its own character and can it be attacked? It doesn’t have a command token so we were unsure about this.

When looking for an attack, can I use line of sight from the droid? Does the droid add cover?

If Iden is engaged with an enemy unit, is the droid also engaged? This came up when playing Incapacitate, which leads to another question.

Can Incapacitate be played on a unit engaged with Iden/Droid?

If Iden plays Pulse Scan, performs an attack and then gains a Standby token, can Iden attack again when a unit pops the Standby? If so, does she retain the Sharpshooter keyword for the entire round?

Does Standby happen before or after an enemy unit in Range 2 performs an attack?

If their are only Critical results on dice, can a Dodge token be spent to activate Deflect?

Thanks in advance for any answers, I know there is a bit here but I am relatively new to the game and still have some areas.

Technically its a counterpart and yes it is part of Idens Unit.

ID10 has "Small" Which means it cant be used for LOS of an attack with exception of any area attack, like a mine etc.

yes ID10 is part of the unit so would cohere into melee.

small side note, the effect of Incapacitate is specifically measured from ID10, not the unit leader Iden.

yes, Iden can shot again with the stand by granted by the command card assuming the standby is triggered.

Stand by is triggered after an enemy unit at R2 or less performs an attack, move or action.

Yes, you can spend a dodge to activate deflect if all crits are showing, with the exception of against any weapon with high velocity as that effect specifically prevents dodge tokens from being spent for any effect.

28 minutes ago, Mace Windu said:

yes ID10 is part of the unit so would cohere into melee.

small side note, the effect of Incapacitate is specifically measured from ID10, not the unit leader Iden.

Thanks so much. So can I use the incapacitate ability if I’m engaged or is it only ranged? Also, one more question, if the ID10 is in range one and Iden is in range 2 they can both add to the attack pool correct?

2 hours ago, Erichxzann said:

Thanks so much. So can I use the incapacitate ability if I’m engaged or is it only ranged? Also, one more question, if the ID10 is in range one and Iden is in range 2 they can both add to the attack pool correct?

Incapacitate doesn't care about engagement. For attack range all normal rules apply: Range for shooting is only measured from the unit leader, which is Iden. So in order for ID10 to add its weapon, Iden must be in range 1.

Looking at your question I guess you have not read the rules reference pdf yet.

It is available to download for free on this site under the products page for legion (at the very bottom).