New articles up for Lando and Kallus

By AsmallChicken, in Star Wars: Legion

6 hours ago, Shadowhawk252 said:

With as much as you complain about how bad the empire is, why do you even play them at all? No matter what unit is being talked about, you always bring up unit x in this faction is better. So play those factions and stop whining about how empire isn’t op.

Personally I’m excited to see how well kallus will work with a Vader or emperor, or iden or with 1-2 operatives.
First impression looking at it, he looks to be a flexible commander that can be utilized in multiple ways on the battlefield, but he’s not a beat stick. Contingency looks like it will really work well with Vader in particular.

Because I like them aesthetically, dont think they should be the absolute worst faction, and think the game could be a lot better balanced than it currently is?

Contingency looks like it will really work well with Vader in particular.

Why? Vader doesnt have more than 3 (maybe 4) command cards that are worth using anyway so contingencies doesnt really help him. Kallus certainly doesnt fix whats massively wrong with Vader either. Theres still no real reason to use Vader.

Vader is completely gimped compared to the speed-2 jedi that other factions get.

Vader being speed-1 is also relevant to what I was saying about Kallus having a flaw card. When you have a major downside like speed-1 or a flaw card there should be some kindve additional advantage bestowed to that character to offset them having a downside. Otherwise that character just ends up being worse than other characters that dont have those downsides.

I have no inherent issue with Vader being speed-1 other than the fact he doesnt seem to get any advantages to make up for being speed-1. Hes just straight up inferior to other jedi characters like Operative Luke or Anakin. Which is sadly the case for a lot of imperial units.

I dont think its wrong to expect Vader to be a good character. He is Vader afterall. Theres no excuse for him being as bad as he is.

Fixing Vader isnt that hard either.

1) the implacable command card should no longer wound Vader. implacable isnt really that much better than son of skywalker that it needs to wound vader.

2) give both commander and operative vader +1 training slot each so they have 4 upgrade slots like every other jedi seems to get except Vader for some unknown reason.

3) give Vader armor 1 and immune: impact. Guy is a half cyborg in an armored suit why doesnt he have armor 1? Vaders way too easy to kill and armor 1 would help with that somewhat.

Edited by Khobai

@Khobai

How many people times are you going to go back an edit that post, it’s been at least 6 so far?

**** you ignored 3/4s of my post to focus on the last sentence and gave a 4 paragraph essay on how Vader isn’t as good as you think he should be and how ffg should fix him. Maybe atomic mass games will rebuild the unit to your liking, but we know ffg won’t. But can you please cool it with the blatant negativity. All you accomplish with this is either getting people to ignore you, convincing them to leave this forum or worse case, convincing them that this game is trash and to give up legion all together. Nothing positive for the game or community comes of this.
My rant on this is done.

For the contingency and Vader, it is because of those 2 command cards that are never taken. They are very situational dependent, and now they may get utilized instead of lying forgotten in a folder.

3 hours ago, Khobai said:

Fixing Vader isnt that hard either.

1) the implacable command card should no longer wound Vader. implacable isnt really that much better than son of skywalker that it needs to wound vader.

2) give both commander and operative vader +1 training slot each so they have 4 upgrade slots like every other jedi seems to get except Vader for some unknown reason.

3) give Vader armor 1 and immune: impact. Guy is a half cyborg in an armored suit why doesnt he have armor 1? Vaders way too easy to kill and armor 1 would help with that somewhat.

Those are actually pretty reasonable suggestions. I always thought he should have surge: crit on attacks, it would make his saber throw better able to get through cover, and reward you for getting him into melee.

I like the idea of Armor 1 as well, since he is mostly droid.

2 hours ago, Shadowhawk252 said:

@Khobai

How many people times are you going to go back an edit that post, it’s been at least 6 so far?

**** you ignored 3/4s of my post to focus on the last sentence and gave a 4 paragraph essay on how Vader isn’t as good as you think he should be and how ffg should fix him. Maybe atomic mass games will rebuild the unit to your liking, but we know ffg won’t. But can you please cool it with the blatant negativity. All you accomplish with this is either getting people to ignore you, convincing them to leave this forum or worse case, convincing them that this game is trash and to give up legion all together. Nothing positive for the game or community comes of this.
My rant on this is done.

For the contingency and Vader, it is because of those 2 command cards that are never taken. They are very situational dependent, and now they may get utilized instead of lying forgotten in a folder.

I use my phone for most of my posts and its irritating to copy/paste and quote people using a phone thats why I have to edit all the time

9 hours ago, Khobai said:

I use my phone for most of my posts and its irritating to copy/paste and quote people using a phone thats why I have to edit all the time

If I had to do all this on a phone, I'd end up a ranting raving madman as well. So you get some sympathy from me. 😇

@Shadowhawk252 Better to just drop it. Trust me.

We can all discuss Kallus and Lando further once they seen an actual table (or at least a card reveal). I still think Kallus is going to make an interesting choice for boosting Imperial Lists but I’m holding out till I get my hands on him before I’ll pass any solid judgement.

As a side thought, kinda wished Lando would come with a Chewie-Lando commander card so Chewie could have added synergy him too, and not just the big 3.

50 minutes ago, Divad said:

As a side thought, kinda wished Lando would come with a Chewie-Lando commander card so Chewie could have added synergy him too, and not just the big 3.

choked.jpg

Chewie 4 pip: During your activation you may move into melee with a friendly Lando Calrissian miniature. 😁

4 hours ago, Triangular said:

choked.jpg

Chewie 4 pip: During your activation you may move into melee with a friendly Lando Calrissian miniature. 😁

All I see is a friend protecting a friend from ranged attacks.

On 12/18/2020 at 11:54 PM, Shadowhawk252 said:

With as much as you complain about how bad the empire is, why do you even play them at all? No matter what unit is being talked about, you always bring up unit x in this faction is better. So play those factions and stop whining about how empire isn’t op.

Personally I’m excited to see how well kallus will work with a Vader or emperor, or iden or with 1-2 operatives.
First impression looking at it, he looks to be a flexible commander that can be utilized in multiple ways on the battlefield, but he’s not a beat stick. Contingency looks like it will really work well with Vader in particular.

He does have a point here, though.

No matter what the flaw card does, it is something the opponent can use to throw a wrench in your plans. It is a built-in drawback that should be somehow compensated by his stats and cards. So far, I don't see that. Kallus is neither a good support piece (like Veers or Krennic) nor a good combat character (like Iden) and he has a flaw card on top if that.

I dont want imperials to be OP. I just want them not to have drawbacks without compensation.

Kallus can still be redeemed if his unrevealed command cards are among the best 2-pip and 3-pip cards in the game. Short of that I dont see much hope for him.

On 12/20/2020 at 7:36 AM, Divad said:

They should release a card pack that adds 3 more cards for all commanders/operatives. They should all have 6 cards like Vader and Luke. Contingencies would be a lot more useful then. And it would help remedy certain commanders having truly awful command cards like Veers' 2-pip.

Edited by Khobai

I know this is a Kallus/Lando thread but since Vader is also being discussed I think there's one simple fix for Vader;

Implacable doesn't do any damage and Vader's 2nd Implacable activation isn't limited to 1 action. This makes up for him using 1-2 other turns moving speed1 into a good position and makes his Implacable turned feared as it should be. Master of the Force 1 would be great.

Seems like the perfect solution.

Implacable could give him master of the force +1 until the end of the turn and let him reshuffle his token for an extra activation with one action. And no more suffering 1 wound.

That would make it one of the best command cards in the game. But it is Vader after all.

His other loser command card is new ways to motivate them. It should only give suppression to the affected units instead of them suffering wounds.

Edited by Khobai
On 12/21/2020 at 2:32 AM, Khobai said:

I dont want imperials to be OP. I just want them not to have drawbacks without compensation.

Kallus can still be redeemed if his unrevealed command cards are among the best 2-pip and 3-pip cards in the game. Short of that I dont see much hope for him.

They should release a card pack that adds 3 more cards for all commanders/operatives. They should all have 6 cards like Vader and Luke. Contingencies would be a lot more useful then. And it would help remedy certain commanders having truly awful command cards like Veers' 2-pip.

I think imperials are suffering from previously being OP with a narrow selection of builds and got nerfed without adding additional viable builds, unlike rebels who have many viable lists