(3) Lando's Millennium Falcon

(37) Cartel Marauder [Kihraxz Fighter]

(29) Tansarii Point Veteran [M3-A Interceptor]

(6) Ion Cannon

Total points: 196

I see what you did there ;)

I'd go L3 on Lando, kite and circle him. Let the K-fighters do the close work. All blue banks is great for dealing with his stress and keeping him mobile.

Unkar and IG for me was specific to using him as a roadblock and having some defence against multiple attacks, when necessary. If you wanted that here, fair enough, but the K's will do it better.

I just looking for ways to make my millenial falcon WORK. The scum version is so much weaker (albeit cheaper) than the rebel version

So

Swapping unkar for l3-37 per your suggestion.

Does this list have some potential you think?

7 hours ago, ForrestGrump said:

So

Swapping unkar for l3-37 per your suggestion.

Does this list have some potential you think?

Some. It's certainly playable and I wouldn't be afraid of too many things. I don't think it would hang with raging meta lists in capable hands very well, but it's got enough meat on its bones to make it player vs player on the table.

You have 5pt spare too, I'd make the Scyk pilot to either Inaldra or Genesis Red, stick some double mods on that Ion Cannon. And/or give Lando something extra. I quite like Baffle for opening his dial, self harm can be risky but it's a cheap deal. Thread Tracers for an extra front arc attack that enables this squad mates maybe. Hull/Shield.....

Sooo more like this then?

New Squadron

(42) Lando Calrissian [Customized YT-1300 Light Freighter]
(4) L3-37
(3) IG-88D

(30) Inaldra [M3-A Interceptor]
(6) Ion Cannon

Total points: 199

Although genesis red is only one more point and gets me another init 4 pilot for exactly 200

But reds pilot ability seems alot...more hit or miss

22 minutes ago, ForrestGrump said:

Sooo more like this then?

I don't see why not.

I do like to try and build to get the Falcon title working a bit more than just incidentally, but I don't want to fiddle with other people's lists too much. From that perspective, I'd be bringing Debris, so maybe giving the Scyk a Tractor Beam for that reason. The Ion works in favour of the Marauders and can drift ships into it, but shunting someone so they have to cross debris next turn is also a useful tool, whenever I run the Lancer.

Just now, ForrestGrump said:

Although genesis red is only one more point and gets me another init 4 pilot for exactly 200

But reds pilot ability seems alot...more hit or miss

It is. But it's very effective on the hits. If you gave him a Tractor, he then fires 1st, anybody pushed onto Debris then sets up Lando on the current turn too.

Ion is good for the 1 damage it gives too though.

Ultimately, it's your choice.

I do love the lancer. But it is alot more expensive points wise (and I have it)

Could you explain more of what you meant concerning the falcon title working more than just incidentally. Does scum have good ways of handing out stress that I am not thinking of?

20 hours ago, ForrestGrump said:

I do love the lancer. But it is alot more expensive points wise (and I have it)

Could you explain more of what you meant concerning the falcon title working more than just incidentally. Does scum have good ways of handing out stress that I am not thinking of?

By incidentally, I just mean your opponent self stressing, linked actions, turnarounds etc.

Scum have lots of ways to increase it, but none that don't have some set up or cost to them, as it should be. Some are fairly reliable, some are not, some are difficult and lead to wonky, ineffective builds.

I'm regularly told that Assaj isn't that good, but she works really well for me. People will often have no green tokens to remove in order to avoid it. If they pull a red move, it's easy double stress, which you can then simply maintain. There's a lot of nuance to managing her coverage and resources though.

Most of my current Falcon builds involve her, but none are lists for the faint hearted.

4-LOM pilot doesn't work for the Falcon on the current turn, but if someone picks up a stress, he can double it for next turn.

Rigged Cargo is widely available and is often used to enable Koshka in the Firespray. It's a difficult play, dumping it on someone for 1 extra dice on 1 or 2 turns is scarcely worth it, but there's other angles there. Particularly with Han.

0-0-0 is a great card, the stress option will mostly be avoided if you're punishing the stress by other means. But not always.

Tractor is also widely available and combines with Debris and Cargo. Probably the easiest method.

Victor Hel in the Khiraxz is a poor option but still a potential source.

When you start combining these things, you can almost swamp the table in stress options and seriously shut things down. With any of it though, it's less about just dumping stress on someone and more about working to make it hard to avoid, then doubling down on it.

Some lists and ships are just naturally very resistant to it, but there are also a great many things that opt into it for their own benefit. With the former, you can limit their freedom greatly, with the latter, it can go either way.

It can be a big trap, working too hard to enable the Falcon title. The ship is pretty cheap now and with stress being a staple mechanic, it's not particualry necessary to go hard on putting more on the table. But if you can, without sacrificing the efficiency of the list, there's a clear pay-off.

I actually think that forgoing all the tricks and just putting that cheap, Lando with L3 and title into a regular list is probably the best way to get results with the ship. Debris and a Scyk with Tractor, or a Quad, gives you an almost throwaway method of spreading a bit more stress around and doesn't require much tactical forethought.

So basically, the way you already have it, with the 3x Marauder being a nice big whatever-you-want sized hole.

Edited by Cuz05

Just saw this on the discord.

Great googly moogly

scum Super efficient [198]

firesprayclasspatrolcraftinitiative2 Bounty Hunter: Perceptive Copilot [70]

firesprayclasspatrolcraftinitiative2 Bounty Hunter: Perceptive Copilot [70]

lancerclasspursuitcraftinitiative2 Shadowport Hunter: IG-88D, Shadow Caster [58]

14 minutes ago, Cuz05 said:

By incidentally, I just mean your opponent self stressing, linked actions, turnarounds etc.

Scum have lots of ways to increase it, but none that don't have some set up or cost to them, as it should be. Some are fairly reliable, some are not, some are difficult and lead to wonky, ineffective builds.

I'm regularly told that Assaj isn't that good, but she works really well for me. People will often have no green tokens to remove in order to avoid it. If they pull a red move, it's easy double stress, which you can then simply maintain. There's a lot of nuance to managing her coverage and resources though.

Most of my current Falcon builds involve her, but none are lists for the faint hearted.

4-LOM pilot doesn't work for the Falcon on the current turn, but if someone picks up a stress, he can double it for next turn.

Rigged Cargo is widely available and is often used to enable Koshka in the Firespray. It's a difficult play, dumping it on someone for 1 extra dice on 1 or 2 turns is scarcely worth it, but there's other angles there. Particularly with Han.

0-0-0 is a great card, the stress option will mostly be avoided if you're punishing the stress by other means. But not always.

Tractor is also widely available and combines with Debris and Cargo. Probably the easiest method.

Victor Hel in the Khiraxz is a poor option but still a potential source.

When you start combining these things, you can almost swamp the table in stress options and seriously shut things down. With any of it though, it's less about just dumping stress on someone and more about working to make it hard to avoid, then doubling down on it.

Some lists and ships are just naturally very resistant to it, but there are also a great many things that opt into it for their own benefit. With the former, you can limit their freedom greatly, with the latter, it can go either way.

It can be a big trap, working too hard to enable the Falcon title. The ship is pretty cheap now and with stress being a staple mechanic, it's not particualry necessary to go hard on putting more on the table. But if you can, without sacrificing the efficiency of the list, there's a clear pay-off.

I actually think that forgoing all the tricks and just putting that cheap, Lando with L3 and title into a regular list is probably the best way to get results with the ship. Debris and a Scyk with Tractor, or a Quad, gives you an almost throwaway method of spreading a bit more stress around and doesn't require much tactical forethought.

So basically, the way you already have it, with the 3x Marauder being a nice big whatever-you-want sized hole.

Perhaps it's my community. But seems to me people are plenty willing enough to stress themselves when they think they can get an advantage from it (myself included)

So I think your conclusion about skinny landon is the one I would tentatively agree with (obviously I would defer to greater experience lol)

Ok

Been thinking about this on and off day. Came up with this.

Thoughts?

New Squadron

(42) Lando Calrissian [Customized YT-1300 Light Freighter]
(5) 0-0-0
(3) IG-88D
(2) Ion Missiles

(26) L3-37 [Escape Craft]
(6) Tactical Officer

Total points: 198

Can keep the escape craft docked or not as necessary

Coordinate never hurts anyone but definitely offers options. My only real question is can I coordinate from the escape craft while docked? I assume I can but....

On 12/25/2020 at 4:25 AM, ForrestGrump said:

Coordinate never hurts anyone but definitely offers options. My only real question is can I coordinate from the escape craft while docked? I assume I can but....

You cannot. But there is some nice shenanigans with the dock/undock and coord, you get an action when you pop out, so you can system phase coord with it. I'd have to refresh my memory with the RR to go into it more.

One thing I've been thinking, and it might be nice here, is Hondo on the Escape Craft. 6pt is dear to make the coord white but Hondo brings a white R3 coord for the same price. If you can absorb the Jam side of it, such as jamming a Marauder about to K-turn/Talon Roll, you gain a lot more flex from Hondo.

Welcome back. And merry critmas

Someone on the discord also suggested hondo

Which I don't seem to have 😕

7 hours ago, ForrestGrump said:

Welcome back. And merry critmas

Someone on the discord also suggested hondo

Which I don't seem to have 😕

Comes with the CIS Firespray, but he's not faction limited so there's always a chance he'll be released in another expansion.

So thinking, considering, and using what I already have. You like this version better than lando?

New Squadron

(54) Shadowport Hunter [Lancer-class Pursuit Craft]
(3) IG-88D
(1) Shadow Caster

(3) Contraband Cybernetics

(3) Contraband Cybernetics

(25) Cartel Spacer [M3-A Interceptor]
(6) Ion Cannon

(6) Ion Cannon

Total points: 200

Edited by ForrestGrump
Some changes
15 hours ago, ForrestGrump said:

So thinking, considering, and using what I already have. You like this version better than lando?

(3) IG-88D
(1) Shadow Caster

I kinda do. But I think the Lando list might have a bit more about it. Just easier to navigate the board and keep arcs where you need them.

3 Marauders gives you a bit more soak. Nuking one of them on the 1st engage, in this one, leaves a bigger hole.

But I love the Lancer. With title and 2 Ion Scyks, it's got some decent control. Just might be easier to play against.

Lol....meet you halfway

New Squadron

(3) IG-88D
(1) Shadow Caster

(6) Ion Cannon

Total points: 200

Edited by ForrestGrump