Quality Control

By Funny Defcon, in Star Wars: Armada

If you buy them from ffg site and email them with pics, they will send you a new pack (although that may take awhile to receive right now)

On 12/11/2020 at 2:49 PM, FrozenFlesh said:

I have four black dice in my starter, but only two red dice.

You’re allowed to roll black at long range then!

Wow...i got shafted by the quality control in my second CIS starter. Only one "fork"-thingy and three base-tiles for my Squadrons. But creativitiy struck :) Took some old X-wing parts (they had seperate base-pegs) and converted all my Aethersprite-Jedi to Single-Model-Fighters.

Picked up a Republic starter pack and a fighter pack today. Checked out the fighter pack only to find a Y Wing missing. I called the store owner who hasn't been in business long, he's a really nice guy and he was mortified. He said something along the line of "the product is 'out of stock' before it comes in, retailers don't get even close to what they ask for and when they finally DO get the product it's missing piece(s)."

I'm OK with it, he's going to try to get the missing Y Wing from Asmondee or failing that he offered to get it out of the next batch that comes into stock. He can't do any more, it's not his fault. However if he has to break into it, that would normally make that fighter pack unsalable. Fortunately I think my friend will buy it maybe for a quid or two knocked off. The fact is though I shouldn't have to wait for correction to a product I paid good money for and the retailer shouldn't have to stand the loss. Nobody died here, it's a minor issue concerning plastic spaceships but Quality Control really does seem to be an issue now and defective products are not what a relatively new business needs.

Edited by Bolshevik6

Made orders for two of each starter set, and also picked up squadron packs from my local FLGS. The squads look great, and I can't wait for my sets to arrive in the next two days!

On 12/11/2020 at 10:05 AM, Suermel said:

Fortnunate all my german stuff was alright, got one extra vulture droid in my squadron pack.

Are you willing to mail it to Spain? I have one missing Vulture, and one extra Hyena and it would be very much appreciated 😅

Edited by BillHimclaw

Begun the Clone Wars squadrons exchange have.

10 hours ago, BillHimclaw said:

Are you willing to mail it to Spain? I have one missing Vulture, and one extra Hyena and it would be very much appreciated 😅

Haha send me your Adress i check on it

I'm missing both (sets) my ARC-170 ships (six total) from my Squadron pack. Anyone have duplicates?

Edited by SithLrd88
Clarity

I‘m missing two core sets and four fighter packs that have been ordered but not yet delivered. 😩

Anyone got too many and is willing to help? (Just a joke ... 😬 )

2 minutes ago, Triangular said:

I‘m missing two core sets and four fighter packs that have been ordered but not yet delivered. 😩

Anyone got too many and is willing to help? (Just a joke ... 😬 )

Missing 4 starters, 6 squads packs, some card packs...

I seemed to get everything but most of my squadron cardboard is cut off center. Not the end of the world, just a bit annoying.

It miss one plastic support peg in a separatist squadron pack. Not essential just boring. I don't know if the webstore in France where I bought it is able to replace it.

So I didn't have any squadron issues. I had a charger with a red glob of paint on the starboard wing. Was able to scrape it off no problem.

Also have a munificent with a crocked starboard front panel. Popped it off and re-glued it into it's correct alignment.

The republic red paint jobs seem poorly done. White/tan color is visible underneath.

Missing Belbullap Mini, Tool clicker malformed, 2 Speed Dials not usable (missing plastic)

Just noticed. One of the main engines on an Acclimator was glued on at a weird angle. Looks fine from the top, but looking at table level, it is about 3mm off from the other.

18 minutes ago, cynanbloodbane said:

Just noticed. One of the main engines on an Acclimator was glued on at a weird angle. Looks fine from the top, but looking at table level, it is about 3mm off from the other.

They just have thrust-vectoring...

Finally opened my boxes last night. One of each new product except the dial pack. Didn't notice anything missing or broken. I have to say, I much prefer these boxes for the squadron packs versus the blister packs. Do wish the starter sets had a nicer box like the Core Set and campaigns. Would have been nice especially for new players.

1 minute ago, Formynder4 said:

They just have thrust-vectoring...

Said the KDY salesman. That's not a defect, It's a feature!

I got a bad Sep starter set one of the fighters wing was broken but I was able to glue it back and the move tool was missing one of its pieces. Also no big deal since i already had a few and was going to use it as a range 1 move tool.

Just reading through this.... I suddenly feel better about not jumping into this game. This is madness.

I haven’t seen that level of issue with xwing product yet.

31 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Just reading through this.... I suddenly feel better about not jumping into this game. This is madness.

I haven’t seen that level of issue with xwing product yet.

This is an exception. Please do not be put off by it - the game is great, and generally the releases are of fairly high quality. There is a large amount of time between releases, but that isn't really an issue with the game, nor does the quality of the experience depend on quick releases. You can argue over nuances of balance, but the game as a whole is very nicely balanced with few if any ships, and very few cards, not ever being played.

I would highly recommend getting into it if you can.

12 hours ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

This is an exception. Please do not be put off by it - the game is great, and generally the releases are of fairly high quality.

If you were looking at a clone wars faction as an entry point (largely because of the advantage of not buying a core set that you can only use half of), would it make sense to wait for a reprint since the issues seem tied to the CW faction products?

37 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

If you were looking at a clone wars faction as an entry point (largely because of the advantage of not buying a core set that you can only use half of), would it make sense to wait for a reprint since the issues seem tied to the CW faction products?

It would very much make sense to wait. Not necessarily because of the quality control issues, but because of the sudden and surprising way that Asmodee moved the product line to Atomic Mass Games. No one on these boards can say with any confidence whether or not Armada will continue in its current form or if AMG will drop it, push a new edition, totally retool the game into some spiritual successor. And since the lead designers of those games were "suddenly and unceremoniously" fired, odds are no one at FFG or AMG yet knows for sure either what the future holds for theses lines that are moving.

For anyone new looking to get into the game... that seems like a really good reason to adopt a policy of "wait and see."

As to Quality Control issues, this is just something that's been kind of perpetual across FFG product lines, but do seem more common over the past few years. In addition to these mis-centered fighter bases, missing fighter miniatures, and inconsistent Republic ship paint jobs, recent issues have included LotR LCG having cards printed with :) instead of the Spirit icon symbol, misaligned cardboard bases (e.g. the Armada Starhawk), ship pegs being backward in the X-Wing belabub fighers, crucial gameplay lines being left off of bases (e.g. the XWing CROC Huge ship, I think), XWing huge ship dials being misprinted in their release box, Shriv Suurgav being misprinted in the upgrade pack, and so forth, so these seem to be ubiquitous across most lines. I don't really follow Legion but I suspect those who do could point to some issues there as well. Are they more common now than they used to be? Dunno, but a few years ago FFG had a great reputation as one of the best in the biz when it came to Quality Control and parts replacements, and now the Asmodee stance is "take it up with the retailer you bought from," which from what I've anecdotally heard has been much less ideal for players/retailers affected by this thus far.

Edited by EBerling
3 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

I don't think so. @EBerling raises some good points above, but FFG's reprints are very slow to come, so you'd be looking at a delay of 7+ months, most likely. If your only concern is the quality control, waiting that long is not worth it, in my opinion.

With Clone Wars Wave 2 teased for January (probably coming in March), I think if you are only interested in the Clone Wars it may be worth waiting for that to release, and getting in then. Even if they cancel the game after that, there should be enough ships and upgrades available to the Clone Wars factions to be worth getting into them, and you will be in a better position to decide whether you are satisfied with the future plans for the game.

If you are interested in the GCW as well, and just want to enter with the Clone Wars, but then branch out, I recommend getting in now, since reprints are unlikely to be coming soon.