Quality Control

By Funny Defcon, in Star Wars: Armada

Anybody else find defects in the Clone Wars release?

2 of my 4 squadron packs were either missing a mini or they gave me one of the wrong type.

I also noticed that the card board center whole is not centered on some of my squadrons.

FD

That really sounds unfortunate... I think there is or used to be a site on Asmodee where you could ask for spare parts, as long as you had the receipt.

While writing this, I found the site: https://parts.asmodeena.com/

Now they're asking you to ask the store you bought the product at for assistance. That's one **** of a downgrade.

2 hours ago, Funny Defcon said:

Anybody else find defects in the Clone Wars release?

2 of my 4 squadron packs were either missing a mini or they gave me one of the wrong type.

I also noticed that the card board center whole is not centered on some of my squadrons.

FD

What are you missing? I happened to get a spare Hyenea bomber. Yours if you need it.

I have two v-19 models damaged (a broken gun and another model is a little worped) and missing a flight stand fin for my Acclamator. All our of the starter box. A little disappointed though first time this has happened. I've been playing for years so the flight stand isn't a problem. The lone squadron isn't a big deal either. Glad I got this one instead of a new player though.

Fortnunate all my german stuff was alright, got one extra vulture droid in my squadron pack.

I had some Squadrons, where the cardbord was not centered but nothing too bad. On the plus side i got one additional Tri-Fighter, Belbulab and Droid-Bomber all in one Squadron pack.

The answer seems to be 'yes'. This is very much a trend with the Clone Wars squadron releases.

had 2 extra fighters in a Rep starter box. Otherwise all as it should be.

I have a Sepie starter, fighter and an Upgrade deck. Everything was fine. I might be the exception. 😁 😁

Same here, just missing a squadron peg from my republic core set.

I have four black dice in my starter, but only two red dice.

I got 2 Separatist Starters, one was missing a droid fighter but the other had an extra although slightly damaged (nothing a little super glue didn't fix). So out of pure dumb luck I got everything I was supposed to but their definitely seems to be issues, especially with the squadrons.

Separatist fleet starter came with a broken Vulture. Republic starter had an extra squad stand (though i needed a replacement for a defective one). Republic squad pack was missing a base and a Y-Wing and came with an extra Delta-7.

I got an extra command dial (without cardboard or 'peg') and an extra 'peg' for a speed dial from a starter set, an extra Tri Droid, and from a Fighter pack I got an extra V-19 and ARC-170.

Thankfully, I am not missing anything.

Edited by GhostofNobodyInParticular

And weren't all the Starhawk arc lines messed up on one side of the cardboard? Does anyone know if that has this been rectified in the latest reprintings that have just now been hitting store shelves?

One Y wing missing in squadron pack, a small part broken on a munificent.

I think pretty much all my Squad cardboards were off-center (only bought into CIS so-far). Geez, good quality seems to be yet another thing Asmodee has decided to budget-cut, huh?

Quality control is definitely an issue with the Clone Wars expansions. My Republic Fleet Starter has a V-19 with a badly bent cannon, one of my Republic Fighter Squadrons packs is missing a V-19 and has an extra ARC-170, one of my Separatist Fighter Squadrons packs has an extra Tri-Fighter, and worst of all, one of my Munificent ship mini's is missing its mounting slot. I can't tell if it fell off or was never attached.

My LGS sent me a replacement set of Republic squadrons mini's, but there was a misunderstanding with the Munificent because they sent me a plastic medium base and fin, but not the mini that I needed.

Also, there's inconsistent painting quality on my Acclamators. One Acclamator seems to have had a dark wash applied to the lateral trench and the command tower, but on the rear section, the right trench has no wash applied and the left side does, so they look very different. My second Acclamator has no wash applied at all, and some of the red stripes on the rear are inconsistent, not extending onto the vertical edge of the hull.

I acknowledge that the paint schemes for the Clone Wars ship models are the best and most detailed we've seen in Armada, but it's apparent the some corners were cut during painting.

I wonder if FFG was rushing production on the Clone Wars content and this is why we’ve seen so many more quality control issues than normal.

It almost seems like we need to set up a community program where you can swap extra squadrons someone got for the ones they’re missing.

Off centre cardboard in thd squad pa k is the worst. I once got an unusable rogues and villians pack.

So far so good with the current stuff for me so far though.

Starhawk cardboard was awful.

Are the ship tokens fine this time?

My Acclamator is just slightly off center. Not Starhawk bad, and definitely not anything worth returning over. It's barely noticeable.

So far, I'm up 1 Delta-7. Otherwise all seems right.

Seems like it is a gamble to get extra squad minis or not enough. I think starting a thread to trade extras will be good for the community but on the other hand FFG/asmodee should be responsible for correcting there own mistake and poor QC.

I don't have my preorder yet because of distributor errors for the last 2 weeks. This entire release has been a sh#* show as far as products shipping from the distributor and squadron QC.

I did buy a republic starter from a different local store and had no issues with that. We shall see how the rest of my stuff is when I get it.