New Star Wars in Media

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in Star Wars: Legion

Everyone: Hopefully 2021 will be a better year.

Disney: Hold my Blue Milk kid

8tkuiq69fg461.jpg

Disney Shareholders: {checking all time high stocks}

Kathleen Kennedy: “All is proceeding as I have Foreseen.”

Taika Waititi

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

Yes please!

I was super excited when someone mentioned Rogue Squadron...until they also mentioned it will be set post-Sequels, which kinda killed my enthusiasm. It'd be unreasonable to expect a straight adaptation of the novels of course, but the period just seems so unexciting and barren - even setting aside feelings about the ST itself, it killed off all its baddies pretty definitively, and even if they fudge that a bit so there's a Remnant of the not-Remnant, The Mandalorian is already doing that "struggles in the aftermath of victory" thing, so they'll probably have to set up a new antagonist in the film itself which will be a job of work.

Bad Batch, Kenobi, and more Mando is all good stuff. The Ahsoka and Rangers series' could be interesting given they're going to tie in with a metaplot via Mandalorian - a nuCanon version of Heir to the Empire could be fantastic. Cassian Andor is a bit of a nonentity, but I'll tune in for the K2 snarking and if I find a compelling spy thriller while I'm there so much the better. I enjoyed Glover's portrayal of young Lando in Solo, I hope they can maybe get Ehrenreich, Clarke, Park etc back and do some of that planned Crimson Dawn/underworld stuff in there, and I hope they can do it without going all Current Year(which, to be clear, isn't necessarily a bad thing in general, I just don't think Star Wars is a good vehicle for approaching topics with nuance, meaning you either make bad nuanced Star Wars, or you have to make your Current Year Star Wars show into a full-on polemic) given the creator.

Don't have enough info to know what to think of the Headland show yet.

Edited by Yodhrin

We have 7 upcoming tv shows now, that's just wild:

-bad batch

-obi won

-andor

-acolyte

-ashoka

-republic rangers

-lando

1 hour ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Disney: Hold my Blue Milk kid

8tkuiq69fg461.jpg

8 minutes ago, Lukez said:

We have 7 upcoming tv shows now, that's just wild:

-bad batch

-obi won

-andor

-acolyte

-ashoka

-republic rangers

-lando

This is the Way

fagby37rzf461.jpg

*please don't ruin Cody please don't ruin Cody*-- me after hearing of his rumored return in Bad Batch.

4py74j.jpg.e87fe96348c4e4be5b324cafcf5cf6ce.jpg

Just hook it to my veins.

6l82bh8o1k461.jpg?width=1080&format=pjpg

Taika we shall watch your career with great interest.

**** yodhrin I hadn't heard Rogue Squadron would be post sequels. Thats a shame cause Rogue Squadron is one of the best legends book series and had so much potential. My hopes have been tempered now.

16 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

m98bip9eah461.png

This Clone with an antenna is Imperial Commander Cody

16 hours ago, Yodhrin said:

I was super excited when someone mentioned Rogue Squadron...until they also mentioned it will be set post-Sequels, which kinda killed my enthusiasm.

Where can I find this?

Mandalorian is a gold standard, hopefully they aren't just throwing stuff outthere to keep disney subs and we get quality shows. Cassian movie seems like the worst idea ever though, such a bland character.

However looks like something for everyone here. Will be interesting to see what is good and what get's dropped.

3 hours ago, jocke01 said:

Mandalorian is a gold standard, hopefully they aren't just throwing stuff outthere to keep disney subs and we get quality shows. Cassian movie seems like the worst idea ever though, such a bland character.

However looks like something for everyone here. Will be interesting to see what is good and what get's dropped.

I think Cassian is getting a show

On 12/10/2020 at 8:44 PM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

a76zb0khig461.png

Dark Troopers (?)

Has anyone heard what Acolyte is supposed to be about?

3 minutes ago, Sharkbelly said:

Murder Mystery set 200 years before phantom menace

On 12/11/2020 at 12:55 PM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

6l82bh8o1k461.jpg?width=1080&format=pjpg

Taika we shall watch your career with great interest.

We do not deserve Taika Waititi.

16 hours ago, Alan Noir said:

Murder Mystery set 200 years before phantom menace

Hmm... interesting.

On 12/12/2020 at 1:54 PM, Sharkbelly said:

‘The Acolyte’ will be a mystery thriller following the Dark Side emerging during the end the High Republic Era.

——-

“Did you ever hear of the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?”

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun
On 12/11/2020 at 2:44 AM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Also Kathleen Kennedy: "What could possibly go wrong..."