Thoughts on the models in the Republic/Separatist starters?

By Garrett17, in Star Wars: Armada

Apart from some inaccurate red on my consulars, my Republic Ships look really great! Especially the Acclamator was much better than i expected! It's one of those ships that looks much worse on a photo, at least that's true for mine. I dont feel like i need to fix the paintjob, but maybe i will put on some window lights on the bridge and sides. If they do the Venator and Pelta just like that im totally fine. I actually much prefer a distinct, white look for the Republic than just another grey-ish one.

On 12/7/2020 at 1:42 PM, NebulonB said:

Muni is a beautiful beautiful model.

CIS squads for me very hard to discern in their native blue, they need a paint job soon. Acclamator looks a bit too sterile, but I can understand they were probably pristine when they took off at the wars start.

I personally feel like I lucked out with that sexy dark-blue on the CIS squads. That's about the shade that my custom paint jobs usually utilize anyway, so WOOT!

I finally picked a Rep starter. I was a little disappointed with the wash they had on them. I'm not a bad painter so I can fix it, but, that's work I shouldn't have to do.

I'm holding off on doing full repaints till I see the blister packs of the ships. I suspect the Acclamator booster will have the classic grey paint, and the Consular will be the classic red. Depending on how those come out, I can engineer the paint adjustments accordingly. It will also depend on how the Venator looks.