Cannot Get Your Gifts Out December 2020

By Snipafist, in Star Wars: Armada

1 hour ago, TallGiraffe said:

I know you like sticking LTT on it, but hear me with. With Kracken you can do QBTs and MS-1s for same cost and exhaust at least one card a turn provided the ship is going faster than you.

I mean, it's the anti-squad effect that makes it the must-buy for the Munificent, given its unusual flak dice. At long range, the sweep of squads you'll be able to flak is...just astonishing. And to be able to re-roll that? That's some serious firepower! Once the single-ship version of this expansion is out, I could definitely see running a list of 4x Comms Frigates with AST and LTT (and maybe a half dozen Vulture Droid squads alongside just to provide some light squad cover to pin down anything that somehow gets through...)

1 hour ago, TallGiraffe said:

I know you like sticking LTT on it, but hear me with. With Kracken you can do QBTs and MS-1s for same cost and exhaust at least one card a turn provided the ship is going faster than you.

I mention the Kraken build in the Munificent article and in the Kraken article. It's... a thing. A thing that can get turned off by your opponent slowing down at the right time and then you've got a bunch of red dice that don't get rerolls. It's fun when you can get it working, though. I'd prefer Ion Cannon Batteries to keep it cheap but generally useful. MS-1s are highly dependent on what your opponent brought but ICBs aren't (and it's a ship that likes double-arcing so you've got that chance of triggering it twice if the blue dice behave naturally on one of your attacks). Plus ICBs nowadays can screw with upgrades that require tokens to untap.

Thanks for giving us lots to read, CGYSO!

7 minutes ago, Snipafist said:

https://cannotgetyourshipout.blogspot.com/2020/12/eric-15-updated-articles-and-timestamp.html

Starting updates to make old articles 1.5-compliant, starting with wave 1 Imperial squadrons. We can now update the timestamp on articles so we'll be doing that to show that yes, this article has been updated since three years ago.

Well I WAS gonna paint old A and Y wings this weekend..... 😛

Can't wait for the updated Nebulong article. 😁

58 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Can't wait for the updated Nebulong article. 😁

Wave 11 baby

On 12/9/2020 at 7:26 AM, geek19 said:

http://cannotgetyourshipout.blogspot.com/2020/12/john-updates-1282020.html

All squadrons updated on my end, and a Marie Kondo joke!

Thank you for the great articles!

In the B-wing article, I noticed that it still refers to Yavaris as it makes the B-wings attack twice instead of moving. (At the wave 4 FCT paragraph) It's properly referenced at Keyland though.

Edited by Rimsen
4 hours ago, Rimsen said:

Thank you for the great articles!

In the B-wing article, I noticed that it still refers to Yavaris as it makes the B-wings attack twice instead of moving. (At the wave 4 FCT paragraph) It's properly referenced at Keyland though.

Thanks, fixed

8 hours ago, geek19 said:

http://cannotgetyourshipout.blogspot.com/2020/12/john-1210-updates.html

Today's updates: the entire squadrons encyclopedia.... AGAIN! And that Nebulonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng for @Bertie Wooster

Thanks, but could you reword it each time you say "twice" in the Yavaris section? There are still references to squadrons attacking twice, or even being "activated twice."

Edited by Bertie Wooster
3 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Thanks, but could you reword it each time you say "twice" in the Yavaris section? There are still references to squadrons attacking twice, or even being "activated twice."

darnit i thought i got those all..... lemme do a word search for these all.

https://cannotgetyourshipout.blogspot.com/2020/12/eric-updates-12132020.html

This was a big one for article updates and there's still lots more to do.

• Ordnance upgrades
    • Correct points cost and images for ACMs, APTs, and External Racks.
    • Corrected text/rules reminders for ACMs and APTs now that they're cheaper and exhaust.
    • Ordnance Pods changed a bit - Acclamators are rather keen on them, actually.
  • Gladiator-class Star Destroyer
    • Obviously the Demolisher section has been rebuilt. Now with pictures as an example!
    • Otherwise cleaned the article up a bit. No longer recommend Brunson - a 9 point officer on a Glad is a bit much.
  • Jumpmaster
    • Major overhaul now that Intel has been nerfed. Every entry has been given a big facelift, Tel least of all but still some decent changes.
  • Aggressor
    • This squadron is still bad.
      • Not as bad as the YV-666 but we can't all be that awful.
    • The IGs are still fun.
      • Competing for ace slots makes them a bit tougher to recommend but they're still fun.
  • YV-666
    • God this generic squadron is terrible.
      • For real, I want to find whoever thought a speed 2 Heavy squadron should be specialized against squads and ask them what drugs they were on.
    • Bossk is still fun. Love that lizard.
    • Tom Morello's Rage Against the Machine got less potentially insane without 1.0 Intel available to keep him and the Lambdas safely doing their thing.
  • Firespray
    • Little bit of an update due to Intel. Old Intel shows up a lot in these squadron articles, a good indication it needed a nerf.
  • Imperial-class Star Destroyer
    • Officers section added. They were alluded to earlier but now there's a dedicated section like in all the other ship articles.
    • Avenger is terrible now.
    • Bruiser Extraordinaire ISD build removed now that it's illegal (two Modifications now that H9s are a Modification).
    • Boarding Party ISD builds changed now that Avenger is terrible.
    • ISD-II overhauled a bit to include some new builds.
    • Cymoon Krennic combo improved a bit now that your Cymoons are going to want to con fire (at least with tokens) anyways to trigger Gunnery Teams now and then.
  • Removed the "annulling Avenger Boarding Troopers" article from the "fighting fleets" link because Avenger Boarding Troopers isn't really a thing anymore in 1.5.
    • The two-ship article probably needs to go as well (with Pryce mercifully dead). Maybe Admonition too.

@Snipafist

YV666s have grit and rogue. They are experts at taking out specific enemy squadrons to free up bombers. Then staying behind for clean up duty.

Their stock went up with the intel change.

I have spotted an error. That's a picture of Aladdin Sane, but the quoted song, Changes, was on Hunky Dory (and obviously Diamond Dogs was on Diamond Dogs).

🤓

55 minutes ago, mazz0 said:

I have spotted an error. That's a picture of Aladdin Sane, but the quoted song, Changes, was on Hunky Dory (and obviously Diamond Dogs was on Diamond Dogs).

🤓

I'll get right on telling google image search for "David Bowie" to fix it for me 😜

14 minutes ago, geek19 said:

I'll get right on telling google image search for "David Bowie" to fix it for me 😜

I find your lack of David Bowie knowledge disturbing!