A Tabletop Admiral survey of some kind...

By werdnaegni, in Star Wars: Legion

To be fair, your main selling point for me is convenient image view. Sometimes I just print my lists to save time digging in a pile of cards. It is an amazing feature.

I love this list builder thanks for all your hard work on it.

1. List button simplicity. It doesn't take many clicks to modify and edit lists. Duplicate is great. I don't need to recognize iconography.

2. See below

• Speed
  • Saved list filtering, sorting, organizing. Minimally it would nice to have lists grouped by faction and army size. Even better if I could filter based on commander, unit, activations, etc.
  • Floating points and unit count on full version like mobile has.
  • Card image appears at current scroll level instead of returning to the top.
  • Duplicate list or save as for splitting off a previous design.
  • Way to edit templates.
  • Sometimes templates don't appear when I make a new list or edit a previously saved one while I'm signed in.

3. I'm not a fan of legionHQ interface. I don't like having to mouse left and right for each selection. I don't like that the cost doesn't show you the per unit cost when their are duplicates. I don't like that the units can be rearranged.

18 hours ago, werdnaegni said:

What would be the driver behind a list being "popular"? One that's clicked on a lot? Or one that has many other lists that are exactly the same?

Yeah, something like one that is clicked a lot in the past 7 days and/or identical lists (like same units different but upgrades would also count as being the same?)

Kind like of what they do on Star Wars Destiny DB.
https://swdestinydb.com/

Maybe allow commenting on lists as well?

Edited by byrns

I'll echo what most are saying here;

1) Dice sim would be great

2) App version

3) Even without these TTA is amazing!

18 hours ago, byrns said:

Maybe allow commenting on lists as well?

I tried that with ttashare and people don't really seem to use it. If you go to latest lists, it takes you to a place where you can comment and search lists.

I think it being a separate site is what made it not popular though, so maybe a more integrated solution will help.

Just a very minor request, hopefully its not too much of an ask.

For inferno Squad you must take Del Meko & Gideon, the same for Ursila and Tristan for Mandos, can those be automatically included when you add the squad to your army? its just a little thing to have to add them every time.

No issue if you cant, just a suggestion.

BTW love your work, the only squad builder I use :)

I like admiral table top for the ease of use and the nice, clean design of it.

I don't know how many other people that use the collection feature, but it would be nice to be able to add separate cards to it, if you've bought a single card from someone.

I love this builder in general always use it for lists. Things I would like to see improved...

Adding my collection litterally goes nuts when I don't manually input numbers..

Basic pre-built lists.. quick builds for those learning the games.

Pie in the sky stuff.. star ratings for lists, list searches based on personal collection.. list searches that can combine star ratings and your collection.. pages that slow A4 sheets to cut out erratas. Win loss ratio to be added to your own lists.

Crazy stuff: when you add a unit in, it suggests synergies with colour coding.. select palpatine.. royal guard have a green indicator... Choose a repair droid, vehicles turn green and so on

Thanks for the suggestions everybody. Lots of cool ones, and it's got me excited. Gotta get the core functionality down, tighten it up, release it to the world, fix all the things I broke, then start implementing some of the extras.

The code so far is much tighter and easier to work with, so I think the future of this version has a lot more potential, and I don't want to rip my hair out every time I look at it.

On 11/25/2020 at 10:56 AM, werdnaegni said:

I tried that with ttashare and people don't really seem to use it. If you go to latest lists, it takes you to a place where you can comment and search lists.

I think it being a separate site is what made it not popular though, so maybe a more integrated solution will help.

I think the second site makes it challenging to create much of a community or curation around people's lists. If there was a way to integrate it, I think that would bring a significant change. In addition, if there is a way to index aspects of people's lists so we can apply filters (I want to see all the lists that run Obi and Anakin, for example), I know I would use TTAshare much more than I do now. I do not know if that is a crazy ton of work, or doable.

In addition, and maybe this is your plan for the revamp, there are many cards that have since been released that are still either a blurry blown up image preview image, or just text. Bringing all the available cards up to full resolution would be great.

Someone's suggestion of separating available command cards by commander/op would be incredible useful for quick readability.

You are a great asset to this community, thanks for all you do!