On 11/19/2020 at 9:33 AM, Frimmel said:
Edited by CoffeeMinion
On 11/18/2020 at 2:07 PM, Animewarsdude said:

I'm going to assume this.

image0.png

y1vwc46si0i31.png

f

47 minutes ago, CoffeeMinion said:

Think of it like a “40k-zation” of the game.

This is the exact thing I don't want to see. I'm pretty sure that unless they also offer the pre-assembled/painted options as usual, the playerbase would shrink tremendously. I quit legion and sold it before playing a full game because my stormtroopers were never going to get finished.

I think Legion’s game system looks awesome. My interest in painting even one Stormtrooper is exactly zero. I will never play Legion. If that’s the direction they take for X-Wing, I can’t follow (I do not think this is the case, and have no reason to believe that it is).

25 minutes ago, Nyxen said:

This is the exact thing I don't want to see.

Same here. Just seeing the mere suggestion of "40k-zation" made me throw up in my mouth a little.

F

This would be the worst time to make any serious changes, ie unpainted minis. A lot of people haven’t played due to Covid and it isn’t a big step to stop playing. I got out of 40K a million years ago because of the way GW worked, any suggestion that X Wing will go that way it won’t be hard to dump and run.
I am more than willing to give AMG a go, but the lack of any information doesn’t build a lot of confidence. It has made me question will I buy the releases due at the end of November, AMG need to do something post haste to put the X Wing community at ease.

5 minutes ago, Archangelspiv said:

...It has made me question will I buy the releases due at the end of November, AMG need to do something post haste to put the X Wing community at ease.

To be fair, if it's coming out soon and has a FFG logo on the packaging, then it's good to go in my opinion.

It's what comes next - or what doesn't - that has me worried.

2 hours ago, CoffeeMinion said:

An interesting bit of total pie-in-the-sky fantasy would be if they offered packs with unpainted, unassembled ships and only generic pilots or something. This might allow them to scale up sales while reducing production cost, and would let them push more into Epic. Think of it like a “40k-zation” of the game.

That might target a different segment of players, and might not be a good move. It’s just an idle thought.

Yeah, even as an Epic player I really don't want lots of poor quality product.

I love my fully painted, fully assembled Huge ships at the price point they are currently at. Slapping a second coat of paint on is 100% optional.

I haven't played too many miniatures games in my lifetime, but when I have, nothing pisses me off much more than sitting across from an unpainted army. I have personally painted said army and handed it back so that I would no longer be blinded by the glint of raw pewter. Never Again.

Any corporate dumb-down of the game to maximize profits gets me out.

Edited by Darth Meanie

Respect the thread.

F

13 hours ago, Nyxen said:

This is the exact thing I don't want to see. I'm pretty sure that unless they also offer the pre-assembled/painted options as usual, the playerbase would shrink tremendously. I quit legion and sold it before playing a full game because my stormtroopers were never going to get finished.

Agreed, pre-painted makes the game so much more accessible. If FFG was willing to sell so out hard to a rare edge case player in Marvel Champions (they print duplicates of core set cards in EVERY SINGLE EXPANSION just in case a player doesn't have the core), then I think AMG can handle painting the minis.

Despite being a huge terrinoth fan I never got into RuneWars because of unpainted minis, I have the artistic ability of an inebriated sea sponge.

F

F

15 hours ago, Nyxen said:

I quit legion and sold it before playing a full game because my stormtroopers were never going to get finished.

I considered buying into Legion and paying one of my then-locals to paint it for me, but the dealbreaker for me was time per game. This is also why I never tried Armada.

F

15 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Respect the thread.

F

F is The Way.

I apologize for derailing things.

F.

22 hours ago, CoffeeMinion said:

An interesting bit of total pie-in-the-sky fantasy would be if they offered packs with unpainted, unassembled ships and only generic pilots or something. This might allow them to scale up sales while reducing production cost, and would let them push more into Epic. Think of it like a “40k-zation” of the game.

That might target a different segment of players, and might not be a good move. It’s just an idle thought.

So like Armada mixed with Legion?

2 minutes ago, Scum4Life said:

So like Armada mixed with Legion?

Nooo, let my idea die. It was an idle thought that seemed to upset people far more than I intended.

Just now, CoffeeMinion said:

Nooo, let my idea die. It was an idle thought that seemed to upset people far more than I intended.

Well I'm sure Atomic Games will want to make their own game, learn from all previous Star wars minatures games and wow us with something new.

Like an objective based racing themed resistance game, where the ships are 'built' aka basic chassis (ship analogue) and parts (upgrade analogue)

That could be plastic sprues, glue and paint. As its far fewer models, one required, and you can build / paint your own masterpiece.

The other pieces/models would be the tracks/gates/scenery they sell.

F

F

2 hours ago, Scum4Life said:

Well I'm sure Atomic Games will want to make their own game, learn from all previous Star wars minatures games and wow us with something new.

Like an objective based racing themed resistance game, where the ships are 'built' aka basic chassis (ship analogue) and parts (upgrade analogue)

That could be plastic sprues, glue and paint. As its far fewer models, one required, and you can build / paint your own masterpiece.

The other pieces/models would be the tracks/gates/scenery they sell.

xgv9ghqbt28m.gif

F