F

U

C

K

Atomic

Games

F

F

But, really, what the F are they doing here? This is not going to do anything to reduce worries.

f_chord.gif

3 minutes ago, Kreen said:

F

But, really, what the F are they doing here? This is not going to do anything to reduce worries.

Nothing will really. Folks going to worry or not, without regard for what we do

. . _ .

F

2 hours ago, Nyxen said:

F

U

C

K

Atomic

Games

Why AMG? It was Asmodee that fired him. They deserve the shade for the D move

That's some bull shut. I mean sure, I didn't agree with every AD approved design, but he's still one of my fav designers overall. At least he had an approach and a reasonability to his choices aimed at future health. So F it. đŸ» Here's to you Davey, I don't even care if I get a ban for this post. My sentiments to the asz-mode merger. In proper English.

image.gif.0a4acd4b88da15fff628905512b045b7.gif

F

F

フ

Edited by Managarmr
And an additional: F
4 hours ago, ImperialAce95 said:

Why AMG? It was Asmodee that fired him. They deserve the shade for the D move

Pre-emptive strike for when they ruin the game/ 3.0 us out the gate, or whatever it is they pull.

1 hour ago, Nyxen said:

Pre-emptive strike for when they ruin the game/ 3.0 us out the gate, or whatever it is they pull.

And here I thought *I* was the pessimist!

Listen, man. What if AMG does pull a 3.0 in the short term, and it’s a massive improvement? And what if they just stick to the old FFG 2.0 formula, and knock it out of the park?

Any way you cut it, don’t fault the old devs or the new devs, and don’t do it pre-emptively. Maybe the old guys had great ideas. Maybe the new guys have *even better* ideas. Either way, they’re just pawns in the greater scheme of corporate bull. It’s not really on them. But if you and I were suddenly handed the reins of X-Wing, wouldn’t you hope that people gave us the chance to make it (even more) amazing?

I’m just saying: Extend that grace to the new guys. Sure, it sucks that the old guys, some of them at least, were cut out. And maybe the new guys aren’t equal to the chance they’ve been given. But GIVE them that chance.

And if things don’t work out... sure, F the Corporate Overlords, and (if you ask me) the system that enables them. But reserve judgment. Give it a minute to shake out.

Pressing F, to pay respect.

F

1 hour ago, Cpt ObVus said:

I’m just saying: Extend that grace to the new guys. Sure, it sucks that the old guys, some of them at least, were cut out. And maybe the new guys aren’t equal to the chance they’ve been given. But GIVE them that chance.

They will earn that chance when they release a product that is balanced and at the same real world cost as existing models. Until then, they're the enemy because I don't think the game will survive another edition swap just because of the leftover bad blood from the conversion kits

This corporative move is because money.

AMG needs to justifies this trust making more money.

How they will do that?

The (Big) changes are unavoidable. Do the same was not enough for the company.

2 hours ago, Nyxen said:

They will earn that chance when they release a product that is balanced and at the same real world cost as existing models. Until then, they're the enemy because I don't think the game will survive another edition swap just because of the leftover bad blood from the conversion kits

Wow. You sound like a whole lot of fun.

As has been explained. The guys working at AMG didn't fire anyone. They didn't take anyone's job. All they've done as a company is make MCP which seems to be a really solid game. Making them "the enemy" "preemptively" is the exact opposite of productive. Maybe they will screw it up. I'll join you in anger then. But not now.

Now the corporate overlords at Asmodee and the Venture Capitalists that they answer to? Sure, let's all be mad at them. That won't help either but at least they deserve it.

FF (G)

4 hours ago, Nyxen said:

My FLGS was saying as we discussed this that 2nd Ed. cratered his sales of X-wing. Then Asmodee made him deal with another distributor by taking it away from his present distributor and it simply became not worth his time to deal with it. All these corporations are making a mess for the local shops with games, comics, models, and misc. "Nerd Culture" stuff.

The idea of a new edition does seem problematic.

17 minutes ago, Frimmel said:

The idea of a new edition does seem problematic.

Very!

Unless they decide to change out the dice, I don't see a new edition as even necessary. The can fix just about anything else by releasing new versions of old cards and relegating the old versions to some "Legacy" format where Luke Gunner, Current Boba Fett, and others go to die.

8 minutes ago, gamblertuba said:

Unless they decide to change out the dice, I don't see a new edition as even necessary. The can fix just about anything else by releasing new versions of old cards and relegating the old versions to some "Legacy" format where Luke Gunner, Current Boba Fett, and others go to die.

I think what we might want to get our heads around is that what is necessary is for these games to sell models. The problem with X-wing at the moment is unless it is something new FFG hasn't been selling models. Selling us cardboard will keep the lights on and keep established players around but these guys want to make money not just stay in business. Making money starts with selling models. Look for them to take a path toward selling models.

They don't need to keep all of the fans for these games if they can sell more models or more expensive models that are cheaper to make all the way around to the fans that stick around.

When I look at Crisis Protocol I first see a means of selling unpainted super-hero models to both gamers and hobbyists. There are claims of pretty clear power-creep with Crisis Protocol releases and their releases are rapid. That says to me their first aim is to sell models.

If a new edition(s) is what they think will sell Star Wars models then a new edition will be "necessary." I look for them to make new Star Wars games that will allow them to sell models. I fully expect something that will fall game-wise between Imperial Assault and Legion but use 40mm or larger models.