Why Are You Cancelling Your Preorder??

By Darth Meanie, in X-Wing

Our group is still all in and we have been playing masked outside for the last few months. None of us are interested in tournament play anymore, we all kind ouf soured on the overly competitive aspect of tournament play. We do have our own annual tournament that is now on it's 6th year. My pre-order is uncancelled.

Not canceling either all my preorders X-Wing and Armada are a go!!!

Well, I was just informed that my preorder has shipped. So good news is that the change didn't change the distribution!

1 hour ago, player655164 said:

Well, I was just informed that my preorder has shipped. So good news is that the change didn't change the distribution!

I can assure the good news is not that they didn’t change distributors.

The distribution has been horrific since well before the pandemic hit, it’s not gotten any better since the move from alliance to asmodee, and I really don’t expect it to improve in the future. 🤷‍♂️

On 11/17/2020 at 7:50 PM, dsul413 said:

Why would they move the games to AMG then cancel them?

Why do we not expect more expansions for games when Asmodee has said they have a plan for the games through 2023?

I don’t get this at all.

Because they've changed their plans before, and corporations will abandon product lines the moment the math looks bad.

Also because there is a 50 year history of games companies surprising players with abrupt changes or cancelation to a game, even at the height of its popularity.

For FFG this is a chaotic change after several years of changes, and during a historic downturn in the game market that looks to be getting worse. Its enough to give veteran gamers a bad feeling.

7 hours ago, Vontoothskie said:

Because they've changed their plans before, and corporations will abandon product lines the moment the math looks bad.

Also because there is a 50 year history of games companies surprising players with abrupt changes or cancelation to a game, even at the height of its popularity.

For FFG this is a chaotic change after several years of changes, and during a historic downturn in the game market that looks to be getting worse. Its enough to give veteran gamers a bad feeling.

Then why move?

Why not just cancel the game, in that case?