Summoned stone

By markrtaylor, in Road to Legend

Hi sorry for another question when the summon stone makes a attack using 1 of your equipped Magic weapons can it use the surge abilities on that weapon like the hero can I am not sure if familiars are able to use surge abilities on there attacks ?

Edited by markrtaylor
10 hours ago, markrtaylor said:

when the summon stone makes a attack using 1 of your equipped Magic weapons can it use the surge abilities on that weapon like the hero can?

Yes. When it only says abilities, it means both surge abilities and other abilities that do not require you to spend surges to use, like the Blasting Rune 's upper
effect or the + 2 Range on Witch Hazel Bow .

If you have surge abilities on you Hero Sheet like Master Thorn , the Summoned stone cannot use those since it is not on the weapon. The summoned stone can not use 1 surge to make you recover 1 fatigue either.

You can compare this to Skirmisher's Dual Strike . As you can see on the last sentance, it is limited to surge abilities, so in that case the other abilities that do not require surges will not be able to be used in that case.

Hi sorry still a bit confused I am using the hero Dezra the vale with the class Geomancer

when the card Trerracall is used to place a summoned stone and the summoned stone makes an attack with the equipped weapon on Dezra Stasis Rune can the surges be used to trigger the +1 wound and immobilize

Yes

Hi sorry to be a nuisance another quick question as you replied so quick

summoned stone again

Is the Summoned Stone affected by the Barghest attack Howl I am not sure , hopefully last question

Having great fun playing this game but still have a few expansions to buy they are in sort supply are Fantasy Flight Games reprinting any more expansions as you can still buy the main game no problem but the expansion are almost impossible to get hold of other than paying a extortionate amounts of money on eBay

2 hours ago, markrtaylor said:

Is the Summoned Stone affected by the Barghest attack Howl I am not sure , hopefully last question

No, Since the Summoned stone is a familiar that istreated as an obstacle instead of treated as a hero.

This is some information you can find in the Community Rules Reference guide on page 17.

oh1OBAv.png

Since the Barghest Howl affects "heroes", the Stone is not affected by that monster skill.
However if Howl is used on a familiar like Necromancer's Reanimate or Beastmaster's Wolf, they will be affected since those kinds of familiars are treated as heroes.

It's nice to see that you're having fun with the game! Don't be afraid to ask questions.
I advise you to download the Community Rules Reference guide though. it is searchable so just type in a word like "Summoned Stone" and you'll find lots of information that probably will answer your questions :)

Edited by Dadler93

Thank you very much for your help