What further supplements would you like to see?

By Humantorch101, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

With the game potentially being revived at the new publishing company, it begs the question what would you like to see?

Or to put it another way, what does each line need?

Personally, I would love eventually to see the following.

A real gms guide on how to run the game and come up with adventures and different types of campaign.

More adventures.

Era source books on the original trilogy and the latest trilogy time frames.

Obviously a Mandalorian era source book.

Source books for region guides for the core, the colonies, the outer rim, the corporate sector etc.

What is still on your wish list?

I'm more interested than anything in more location books; particularly one covering shadow ports (including Mos Eisley) for the Edge line.

Here's a topic with many peoples' ruminations on the subject:

Era books. In chronological order:

Tionese Conflicts, Pius Dea Era, Republic Dark Age, and New Jedi Order.

I acknowledge that the chance of getting even one of these is like 1 in 1000.

17 minutes ago, Yaccarus said:

I'd say closer to 0.

15 minutes ago, Yaccarus said:

Most if not all of theses era are legends. I doubt whole RPG books on era that are legends would be approved by LucasFilm to be written and published. Not before LucasFilm makes its own attempt at theses and makes them official.

Just now, WolfRider said:

Most if not all of theses era are legends. I doubt whole RPG books on era that are legends would be approved by LucasFilm to be written and published. Not before LucasFilm makes its own attempt at theses and makes them official.

All. Hence the 1 in 1000.

0.001 is still high a probability in this case... :ph34r:

Now, the probability that references to ( some ) of these eras, or related events, would appear in some future supplements, is possibly around your probability probability.

New Jedi Order = <0 I would think - as long as we're talking about anything to do with the Yuuzahn Vong. Other aspects ... well, the prison droids on the NR prison barge in the first season of Mandalorian could pass as a light-version of the droids Lando manufactured ... whatever their name was ...

I think 0.001 is a realistic probability to

a. See a legends reboot to some extent

b. Have said legends reboot translate into RPG

Considering the widespread backlash towards the sequels and the large number of fans who still like aspects of legends, I think it's safe to say there's a 1 in 20 chance Disney decides it would be worthwhile to give it a shot. If Disney gives legends a shot, I think a 1 in 50 chance that Edge Studios follows along is reasonable as well. Multiply the two and there's 1 in 1000.

17 minutes ago, Yaccarus said:

I think 0.001 is a realistic probability to

a. See a legends reboot to some extent

b. Have said legends reboot translate into RPG

Considering the widespread backlash towards the sequels and the large number of fans who still like aspects of legends, I think it's safe to say there's a 1 in 20 chance Disney decides it would be worthwhile to give it a shot. If Disney gives legends a shot, I think a 1 in 50 chance that Edge Studios follows along is reasonable as well. Multiply the two and there's 1 in 1000.

That probability is only realistic when it comes to : a) references ... not representation, nor likely "reboots" whatever that actually means in this case (if you mean rewrite and new plots and changed characters with same/similar names, then possibly); b) sure (my impression is that there's already a lot of, and more, legends references in the RPG material than canon sources anyway).

As for you comment on the widespread youtube-whiney-drama-... I doubt that has much to say, that is not how they operate - at least not how they should operate. New stuff is more accessible to new audiences and fans, and enough of old(er) audiences. But yeah, I think we'll see more of it, at least referenced, in new material. The Mandalorian show has already canonised legends stuff.

Rather than Era sourcebooks, I'd like to see more location based ones. Like Lords of Nal Hutta and Suns of Fortune.

I think a Mandalore focus book would be great, but it can't really be published until after we know when the Night of a Thousand Tears happened.

A book of the Hapes cluster, one on the Corporate Sector etc. etc.

MandaLore - as in a book solely devoted to everything Mandslorian- is probably off the table as long as the TV-series is ongoing.

But we can hope to tidbits and stuff in other places.

I suspect you're right.

Isn't there meant to be a multimedia tie in event coming up? I wouldn't be surprised if there was a tie in with that.

With the Mandalorian show? I have no idea.

I doubt there'll be anything RPG related regardless, unless they had something ready late last year to just finish off this year - with the organisational changes that's been going on and all that.

Perhaps there'll be something in the High Republic stuff? Who knows.

I remain hopeful.

46 minutes ago, Jegergryte said:

Perhaps there'll be something in the High Republic stuff? Who knows.

If Edge Studios does do any more era-specific books to further push the game lines outside of the default "Rebellion Era" timeframe, then I'd say this is a strong possibility given that Lucasfilm is pushing this as their next big era. Though between the pandemic and structural reorganization, it might not be until next year at the soonest that we see such a supplement.

Personally, I'd like to see a few more era-specific books. Namely, one for the sequel era, and could be broken up into early New Republic (from RotJ to several years after, including The Mandalorian) and then a book detailing more about the time frame the movies take place in, starting from a few years before up through Rise of Skywalker, with maybe some tidbits on "where do you go from here once the First Order crumbles?" Also, the High Republic era is just about begging for an era splat, as from the sounds of things would be a good time frame to set one or more campaigns in.

Location-wise, while they might pretty much be Legends, I'd be over the moon to see splats on the Corporate Sector and the Tapani Expanse. Loved the second, but sadly never really got a chance to do much with it.

Seeing as how FFG has done compilation books for gear, NPCs, and vehicles, I'm guessing an alien species compilation book isn't too far-fetched, and they could include a handful of new species as well as collecting those from the various splats that have come out since the game's release.

They did a Force Awakens Beginner game, but then never followed it up. Disney seems more interested in the Aftermath era than the ST era, which is no bad thing in my eyes.

More region specific books. Lords of Nal Hutta and Suns of Fortune are my favorites of what has been released so far so I'd be in favor of more of that.

8 hours ago, Dazgrim said:

They did a Force Awakens Beginner game, but then never followed it up.

Part of the reason for a lack of follow-up (apart from a free online adventure that picks up where the Beginner Box leaves off) is that the trilogy was still in the process of being made, and by the time the trilogy was done, Asmodee was in the midst of shaking things up with regards to what FFG did and didn't handle. Combine moving the RPG work to an entirely separate part of the company (after laying off the RPG staff) and the pandemic, and not much chance for them to do any real follow-up. Sam himself even said that any plans for a splat book for that era would have to wait until the movies were finished, since Lucasfilm wasn't in the habit of sharing plot details for unreleased films/shows/books.

As for Disney, there's been a lot of talk amidst the fandom of wanting to see more of events that lead up to the sequel trilogy, as well as The Mandalorian being a lot better than many folks were anticipating it being. And as part of a larger for-profit company, Lucasfilm is going to follow where the money trail leads. And right now, it's leading towards Aftermath/Mandalorian, to say nothing of their efforts to get the High Republic off the ground.

@Donovan Morningfire to be clear, I'm not bemoaning the lack of follow up. I am firmly in the "tear down the false sequels and reboot with a plot that doesn't demean the achievements of my childhood heroes" camp.

(TDTFSARWAPTDDTAOMCH - we're searching for a more concise name with a cool backronym)

I’d like to see a Coruscant book.

I would like to some old WEG products updated to FFG/Edge taking into account changes made by the prequel movies and The Clone Wars series. I would like to see actual droid character builds done as separate species and suggestions on building the templates under the new rules.

Lore for species (to include cultural events and biological data) and planets. It would be a lot of work for them, to coordinate facts with Lucasfilm/Disney, but I miss the old editions of the RPGs that had extra info in them.

I was hoping for a Mandalorian space sector book ever since Suns of Fortune came out, but I'm pretty sure any Mando-focused book would have to be about the show now. Which makes sense and all. I'd just rather have info on their worlds, ships, and tech. And I figured it'd be the best place to add the Echani.

Honestly I've never liked any take on the Mandalorians (except maybe KOTOR-era), but I really want to play with their toys.

On 11/12/2020 at 11:30 AM, Donovan Morningfire said:

Seeing as how FFG has done compilation books for gear, NPCs, and vehicles, I'm guessing an alien species compilation book isn't too far-fetched, and they could include a handful of new species as well as collecting those from the various splats that have come out since the game's release.

This.