Points for HoH and Tie Brute/Heavy are up.

By KiraYamatoSF, in X-Wing

Squint is the worst name for the TIE Interceptor. How it ever gained traction is utterly beyond me. Yes I know its origins.

But Interceptors don't suck.

Edited by Biophysical
On 10/29/2020 at 6:26 PM, Stay OT Leader said:

It’s not very good, it was unplayable at 2.

This statement doesn't make sense. The card has only existed at 1 pt, therefore we have no idea if it is unplayable at 2 because it's never been 2, let alone if "it's not very good" at 1 pt currently.

On 10/29/2020 at 11:48 PM, Dwing said:

Two modification slots on the Tie Brute? I really would not know what to do with the one unless I just had a few points left for a shield. Am I the only one hardly ever useing the mod slots?

On 10/30/2020 at 5:02 AM, Darth Meanie said:

It's exactly why the Squint sux.

Are there other ships with double mod-slots?

Good thing upgrade-slots are only in the pdfs nowadays.

2 hours ago, Sciencius said:

Are there other ships with double mod-slots?

Good thing upgrade-slots are only in the pdfs nowadays.

Tie interceptor has 2 and the Khirax 3.

Edited by Dwing
54 minutes ago, Dwing said:

Tie interceptor has 2 and the Khirax 3.

Kihraxz had 3 Mods via Vaksai in first edition.

And if I not totally misremember 1 Illicit and 3 Mods at the beginning of 2nd ed. Right now it has 2 Illicits and 2 Mods. Which are almost never filled.

Apart from occasionally Deadman or Cybernetics, but not several mods and Illicits, just not efficient. You could see some thick Talonbanes really early in 2nd ed, with Cloaking Device for reposition purposes.

9 hours ago, Managarmr said:

And if I not totally misremember 1 Illicit and 3 Mods at the beginning of 2nd ed. Right now it has 2 Illicits and 2 Mods. Which are almost never filled.

Running Triple Kihraxz Aces with slots filled is a bad but wicked fun sort of list. I actually miss the 3x Mod Slots, since I can't take Shield, Hull, and Afterburners, and didn't often fill the Illicit slots. Considering that two of the ships have bonus attack dice abilities, it's got a surprising punch to it. When everyone was on 8 health with often a bonus green die, surprisingly tanky.

I have no illusions that it'd be an actually good list, but loading Kihraxzes to the gills can be a blast.

On 11/2/2020 at 3:08 PM, theBitterFig said:

Running Triple Kihraxz Aces with slots filled is a bad but wicked fun sort of list. I actually miss the 3x Mod Slots, since I can't take Shield, Hull, and Afterburners, and didn't often fill the Illicit slots. Considering that two of the ships have bonus attack dice abilities, it's got a surprising punch to it. When everyone was on 8 health with often a bonus green die, surprisingly tanky.

I have no illusions that it'd be an actually good list, but loading Kihraxzes to the gills can be a blast.

Not good at all but 4 cartel marauders with deadman, contraband, afterburners, and electronic baffle sounds silly fun. Baffle's purpose here being to have a chance to self-destruct in opportune moments after a 2-talon, but occasionally useful to not be stressed the following turn as well.

On 10/30/2020 at 3:02 PM, Darth Meanie said:

It's exactly why the Squint sux.

Squints suck because there are 2 go to’s. I like to live on the dream realm where one day if I see a squint across the table I won’t automatically assume it’s Soontir or a Sabre....

I feel this is punishment from FFG for all the cr*p ‘Fel’s Wrath’ took.... I’m sorry FFG Overlords! Give us some playable Squints!!!! PLEASE!!!!

4 hours ago, Archangelspiv said:

Squints suck because there are 2 go to’s. I like to live on the dream realm where one day if I see a squint across the table I won’t automatically assume it’s Soontir or a Sabre....

I feel this is punishment from FFG for all the cr*p ‘Fel’s Wrath’ took.... I’m sorry FFG Overlords! Give us some playable Squints!!!! PLEASE!!!!

Oh, cos I won a ticket to the worlds that never happened with Alphas and they were MVP in my squad time and again.

The only bad Inty pilot is Turr.

On 11/2/2020 at 3:30 AM, RStan said:

This statement doesn't make sense. The card has only existed at 1 pt, therefore we have no idea if it is unplayable at 2 because it's never been 2, let alone if "it's not very good" at 1 pt currently.

If you’ve never set your arm on fire how do you know you don’t want to do it?

Edited by Stay OT Leader
4 minutes ago, Stay OT Leader said:

Oh, cos I won a ticket to the worlds that never happened with Alphas and they were MVP in my squad time and again.

I'd go out on a limb to say that Turr isn't a bad pilot, but doesn't 'fit' with how Interceptors are used. You either want Soontir doing ace things, or you want nice cheap generics which are agile and can hit hard. He certainly isn't worth 6pts more than a Sabre Squadron Ace.

3 hours ago, AceDogbert said:

I'd go out on a limb to say that Turr isn't a bad pilot, but doesn't 'fit' with how Interceptors are used. You either want Soontir doing ace things, or you want nice cheap generics which are agile and can hit hard. He certainly isn't worth 6pts more than a Sabre Squadron Ace.

Yeah that's the problem. He's mostly a Saber and the premium is too much.

5 hours ago, Stay OT Leader said:

If you’ve never set your arm on fire how do you know you don’t want to do it?

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, Stay OT Leader said:

I dare say that’s an area meta thing. Sloan isn’t big in my area, thank god, and the Sabre was used either as to maintain the same PS as like Echo, or to be higher PS than the majority of the Separatists.

If I'm happy paying 30pt for something like Autoblaster Sunny, you can bet I'd be happy paying 31 to trade a shield for ALL THE THINGS.

On 10/29/2020 at 5:36 PM, KiraYamatoSF said:

The PDF files have been uploaded to the point list tab on the main page.

The Brute arrived in the mail today but the squad builder app doesn’t have the brute in it. Why?

37 minutes ago, Pooleman said:

The Brute arrived in the mail today but the squad builder app doesn’t have the brute in it. Why?

Wasn't even aware the official app still hasn't updated, guess they are busy or occupied with other things. I just use YASB and Launchbay so I didn't even know. Maybe they are holding off until the 27th when the Eta, V-wing, Jango Firespray, and Tri Fighter release?

Alpha Interceptors are a great ship at 31 points if you can stomach some extreme variance. Maybe not the best choice for a 6 round tourney that you want to win but I think making them any cheaper would be a mistake.

Also, not sure how this hasn't at least been mentioned.

After buying a Resistance conversion kit, 2 second ed. RZ-2's, and a HoH pack, I now have 20+ ship inserts. I need to keep 15 of them in order to fly 5 of either generic and have access to the named pilots. And with all of that:

I can't fly Merl and Suralinda in the same squad? W. T. F.

19 hours ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

Wasn't even aware the official app still hasn't updated, guess they are busy or occupied with other things. I just use YASB and Launchbay so I didn't even know. Maybe they are holding off until the 27th when the Eta, V-wing, Jango Firespray, and Tri Fighter release?

YASB isn’t letting me log in, so I can’t save squads. Very frustrating.

So when does the Squadron Builder get updated to support the Heavy?

8 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

So when does the Squadron Builder get updated to support the Heavy?

Potentially never as its been some sort of “discontinued” for over a year as the new app is “coming”

1 hour ago, Innese said:

Potentially never as its been some sort of “discontinued” for over a year as the new app is “coming”

Don't you, like, NEED that in order to play 2.0 now since points and slots don't show up on the cards?

1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

Don't you, like, NEED that in order to play 2.0 now since points and slots don't show up on the cards?

There are PDFs and numerous 3rd party options... Also they just announced FFG was handing over control of X-wing

22 hours ago, Innese said:

Also they just announced FFG was handing over control of X-wing

Is that...good news, or bad news?