Can a Camander be healed?

By Jerome6741, in Rules

Q: If my camander took wounds in a prior round, can a medical droid heal a wound, in an ensuing round?

19 minutes ago, Jerome6741 said:

Q: If my camander took wounds in a prior round, can a medical droid heal a wound, in an ensuing round?

As long as the unit wasn’t fully defeated, yes.

Thank you...I would have thought the since "restoring" a mini back on to the play field must occur in the same round as when the wound was inflicted as the rules state, for continuity, the same rule would apply to a multi health commander....if it's not too much trouble can you please indicate where in the rules it states that a multi health unit can have health restored on ensuing rounds? Thanks in advance.

When a unit uses the treat x: capacity y ability, place one wound token on the card that has the treat x: capacity y keyword, and choose a friendly non-droid trooper unit at range 1 and in line of sight. Remove a total of up to x wound and/or poison tokens from the chosen unit or restore
up to x miniatures to that unit.

The only mention in the entirety of the rule for a time restriction is on restoring a mini, outside of that there is no mention a time restriction. So it’s a situation where it doesn’t say you can’t do it. Therefore it’s a legal move.

Thank you...I would have thought the since "restoring" a mini back on to the play field must occur in the same round as when the wound was inflicted as the rules state, for continuity, the same rule would apply to a multi health commander....if it's not too much trouble can you please indicate where in the rules it states that a multi health unit can have health restored on ensuing rounds? Thanks in advance.

Shadowhawk252: That answer does not have continuity with the mechanic of single health mini's restoration requiring to have been wounded in the same round. I agree with you it doesn't say you can't, but again not consistent with the mechanic.........not sure your right on this, but thanks

Edited by Jerome6741
2 hours ago, Jerome6741 said:

Shadowhawk252: That answer does not have continuity with the mechanic of single health mini's restoration requiring to have been wounded in the same round. I agree with you it doesn't say you can't, but again not consistent with the mechanic.........not sure your right on this, but thanks

The two mechanics are separate usages of Treat and Repair and don't need to have continuity.

To think of it in terms that make sense in universe, CPR needs to be performed quickly, but a flesh wound will respond to treatment even after a delay.

15 hours ago, Caimheul1313 said:

To think of it in terms that make sense in universe, CPR needs to be performed quickly, but a flesh wound will respond to treatment even after a delay.

I was hoping for the citation of clearly written rules, but I do appreciate you sharing your opinion, THANK YOU!

2 hours ago, Jerome6741 said:

I was hoping for the citation of clearly written rules, but I do appreciate you sharing your opinion, THANK YOU!

The rules for Treat and Repair are clearly written in the RRG which can be found here on page 77.

Initially, Treat is said to be able to remove either a wound token or restore a model, then only restoring a model has a further limitation of having been lost in the current round in a later bullet point. If the wound was going to also have the same caveat, it would also be mentioned in the bullet point.

Quoting it here since you don't seem to want to check the rulebook for yourself:

Remove a total of up to x wound and/or poison tokens from the chosen unit or restore up to x miniatures to that unit.

To restore a mini to a unit, that unit must have had one or more minis defeated that round. Choose a mini that was defeated during the current round and place that mini on the battlefield in cohesion with its unit leader. Then, give that mini a number of wound tokens equal to one less than the wound threshold indicated on its unit card.

I did read it prior to asking on this forum, ......my error was in the INTERPRETATION, I do think the RRG CAN BE MORE CLEAR IN SOME PLACES, thus the need and purpose for this forum....but I get your point now, and I do appreciate you for sticking with this topic. I wasn't trying to be abstinent, the wording just wasn't clear to me. Thank you Caihuel1313 and Shadowhawk252.

Edited by Jerome6741
Grammer
46 minutes ago, Jerome6741 said:

I did read it prior to asking on this forum, ......my error was in the INTERPRETATION, I do think the RRG CAN BE MORE CLEAR IN SOME PLACES, thus the need and purpose for this forum....but I get your point now, and I do appreciate you for sticking with this topic. I wasn't trying to be abstinent, the wording just wasn't clear to me. Thank you Caihuel1313 and Shadowhawk252.

I agree there are some areas where the RRG could be more clear, but I don't think this is one of those cases.

Unfortunately, the RRG and the FAQ in this forum are the only sources for citable rules, so there isn't any other official rules source that can be cited for you, so asking for a "citation of clearly written rules" implied to me that you hadn't recently read the text of the RRG, which is often the reason for rules questions.

In the rules, only returning a model is restricted in timing, and does not even imply that the wound or poison counter is similarly restricted. Since no restriction is given, there is no restriction.
If you want a more official interpretation, rules questions can be sent directly to the designer(s) here: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/contact/rules/