Giving them another chance

By Sooner535, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

11 hours ago, phillos said:

Even in solo I feel she plays just fine. You just gotta find ways to lean into her ability in your deck build

Good to know. I have never tried her solo, but rarely play solo, so don’t have a lot of background in those deck builds.

On 9/27/2020 at 9:59 PM, phillos said:

Aquinnah . Aquinnah level 3 is a functional effect, but I've certainly never used her. Aquinnah level 0 feels like some sort of misprint. Every time she came up when I did slot her in (Early in the game's history) I would think to myself there is never a good time to spend that much on her effect. It's a shame because she sounds like an interesting character so I do feel compelled now to put her in a functional deck, but it still feels like that's too much xp for that effect. In many cases she basically does the job of a Guard Dog level 0.

My other one is Trench Knife . I'm sure there is some janky way to use Tench Knife , but I honestly can't figure it out. Also having trouble figuring out why I'd want to play that way for Trench Knife 's pretty modest effect. I guess it's nice that engage actions don't trigger an AAO, but rarely is that the issue I'm trying to fix in my decks.

I am going to start with Trench Knife:

I think it has rare “ok” use if you’re starting in (blanking on the name lol) campaign with swarm enemies, because correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t they come out in pairs? Any scenario where you think you’ll be seeing a few extra baddies is good to use it, tbh this might be a better enabler rather than a weapon itself, it allows you to do something pretty niche all the time, sure it’s not going to be useful 90% of the time, but that 10% sure is nice. Maybe using things like vicious blow? Double or nothing? Anything that pumps damage since if you’re surrounded it’ll give you a big bonus to ability score? Idk.... I think if we saw a +1damage with it in a upgrade (1-2XP) it would be ok, it’s a crying shame it takes the hand slot, so much competition in guardian.

Aquinnah:

Yet again another situational card, you can use it to push damage around so that can be good, use your enemy to kill an enemy on your seeker maybe?

another point would be she has very high sanity for 1XP, she could be used as a sanity shield if her ability doesn’t go off? So it has a redundancy, unlike trench knife lol. One nice thing to note is the redirect can target aloof enemies, which could be helpful. Level 3 just takes her ability and ramps the roof off of it, no more jank. I’ve only played survivor once, but it’s been in there everytime lol.

Trench Knife is butter when dealing with whipperwhills in dunwich for example

I get what you are arguing and on paper that makes sense but in the Trench Knife example if you are getting Swarmed you don't need a weapon that does 1 damage and gives you a big boost. You need a weapon that does way more damage to get the spill over damage on the swarm tokens. So it's rarely what you want in that situation. The best scenario for Trench Knife would be a scenario with many high fight and 1 health enemies. One where they hunt and clump up alot. A scenario like that doesn't really exist except in the encounter set with cultists maybe since they often have 1 hp, but also most of them have low fight and most of them do not hunt. So it feels like it's fixing an issue we don't really have right now. It's best utility is the engage/AOO interaction. I could see maybe throwing it on there to protect against AOO, but even then it's taking up one of your hand slots and many Guardians want to age into a two handed weapon. So it's problematic. So I've still not found a good use for it.

For Aquinnah level 3 I can see an argument for including her. That's a functional ability since you'll usually have a target (compared to level 1 where you have to jump through too many hoops). That said I've almost always found myself settling on a different ally since the cost for getting Aquinnah level 3 feels still a bit steep for what she does. Using her just as a sanity shield feels like a wasted slot considering many allies have a reasonable sanity and this is the class with Cherished Keepsake and ways to heal sanity in it so they aren't crying out for sanity shields. That said the aloof enemy argument is the first I've heard that makes sense. So if you are really frustrated with Whippoorwills then Aquinnah can snipe them out of the trees for you (though only if something else is running around doing damage and not destroying you with their horror score). Also she exhausts to execute her ability so she seems like a pretty poor choice in the swarm example since you'll only get to reflect 1 instance of damage. Though in the swarming example at least Aquinnah level 1 has more opportunities to fire since I would assume those swarm tokens are considered another enemy for her effect. Though when you compare that to other allies in the survivor card pool especially once you get some xp she is just gonna get lost in the shuffle most of the time. Survivor has a wealth of very useful allies. The only other that rivals her in xp cost is Granny Orne and she gives a bonkers ability with two static attribute boosts. It's a tough sell.

Edited by phillos
On 9/28/2020 at 3:59 AM, phillos said:

Aquinnah . Aquinnah level 3 is a functional effect, but I've certainly never used her. Aquinnah level 0 feels like some sort of misprint. Every time she came up when I did slot her in (Early in the game's history) I would think to myself there is never a good time to spend that much on her effect. It's a shame because she sounds like an interesting character so I do feel compelled now to put her in a functional deck, but it still feels like that's too much xp for that effect. In many cases she basically does the job of a Guard Dog level 0.

The best idea I have for Aquinnah (1) would be to use her in a high player count Tommy deck. Her 5 cost becomes a little bit less off-putting if you know you'll probably get at least 4 resources back when she leaves play, Cherished Keepsake can soak the horror that enemies deal while using her effect, On The Hunt avoids treacheries and makes it more likely that there will be two or more enemies in play, and Heroic Rescue could be used to intercept enemies on other investigators (or use a Trench Knife or Taunt to proactively pull the enemies off your friends!). Perhaps add Survival Knife (0) to also retaliate against the enemy that triggers Aquinnah's effect.

With all that said, I agree with your statement about how she compares to Guard Dog in most situations and aiming to leave multiple enemies alive at the end of the investigation phase so you can use her power maybe isn't the best Plan A...

1 hour ago, Sc00ter1979 said:

Trench Knife is butter when dealing with whipperwhills in dunwich for example

Didn’t even think of that >.< good point.

@phillos ya I understand, they’re for sure situational, which makes them harder to justify in a deck. Trench knife imho is the worst out of the two, because it really doesn’t have anything to fall back on, unlike aquinntah, I feel her high sanity is really her saving grace. One thing we didn’t talk about is their discard pips, I wonder if they raise the likeliness of included? Probably not lol.

speaking of being situational:

Let God Sort them Out

i feel this should have been blue lol, any good uses?

I have cetainly never used it because I like a certain level of consistency in the usefulness of the cards I include. So how do we up it's consistency? I think it works better in people who can take Blue (due to their damage options) and in high player count games where some enemies stack HP by player count. Maybe better in campaigns with an assured high HP enemy early in the campaign like for example a Ghoul Priest in a 2+ player game in core or an early Conglomeration of Spheres in Dunwich. Getting 3+ xp for killing the Ghoul Priest sounds snazzy. Maybe better in a evade focused investigator that is grouping enemies for a AOE attack like Skids or Jenny playing with Dynamite Blast.

So much harder to trigger than Delve Too Deep for the same effect so it would need to be someone who doesn't have that option or wants to flood their deck with XP cards early which sounds like a crazy build.

Edited by phillos

Oh man I can't believe I missed this thread so far - I am so desperate to defend my favourite (or second-favourite), Carolyn Fern! I can, of course, still do so but you know, maybe the moment has passed.

Trench Knife isn't a good card but it isn't as useless as its reputation - I have included it in a William Yorick tank deck and found it to be an OK off-hand card that occasionally ended up really helping out - it's definitely a "tool"-type card like Survival Knife rather than a primary weapon but it has a place. It's a little better against the Swarming enemies in TDE. If you're using a machete, or the various effects where you want to bunch up enemies or get hit, it can work - I even combo'd it with Survival Instinct. That was definitely more of a janky deck than a good deck. Is Trench Knife a good card? No. But it's not worthless.

"Let God sort them out..." is a card I have yet to use, though bear in mind that Leo, Mark and Zoey can all take it. It might even be a good 1-of to put under Stick to the Plan, if you don't have 3 cards you desperately want under there - that way it's never clogging up your hand but if you do happen to get a turn where you kill a bunch of enemies, it's there for you. Especially in lower exp campaigns like Dunwich. I also like the design a lot more than Charon's Obol and Delve Too Deep (cards I honestly really dislike). But also, bear in mind that certain Guardian builds, as well as lots of Rogue builds, need lots of exp early on to really get to where they need to be (and then plateau in effectiveness).

My suggestion is the Composure talents (I know it's technically 5 cards, but they're basically the same idea with only Grounded as a slight outlier). I've often wondered about using them - Moxie for Sefina, Scientific Theory for Joe, that sort of thing - but I've never actually included them in a deck, as it always seems like they'd be a waste of space and exp, especially with the better versions of the core set stat-booster talents (to say nothing of the Permanent talents).

I love Composures in the right deck (barring grounded because it just seems inferior to the others), but you basically have to satisfy three requirements to get the most bang for your buck. First, you need to have allies that can take the horror instead of dumping it on the composure. Second, you need to have the potential of extra resources to pump into the composure. And thirdly, you really want to have some use for the stats on the card. It can take a middling stat line and save you on a few difficult tests you would otherwise fail. So yes, not all decks will want them, but they've saved me in a few cases.

Moxie can be great to handle some of the more problematic treacheries for Rogues thanks to the will pump (not available on streetwise). And rogues are most likely to have spare resources laying around. Plucky can be great for survivors (especially if you're taking Peter anyway) to help nab clues or even to combo with Lebranche or Dark Horse builds. And Combat Training isn't terrible for guardians due to the fight/agility bonuses (though you will likely have less free resources than other factions).

Scientific Theory is a card I've always wanted a reason to take, but seekers almost never need fight boosts and there are much better ways to boost your intelligence. Maybe Kate will be able to use a lightning gun?

The saving grace of composures for me is that they are fast. This means they are more efficient (slightly) than the lvl 0 versions of permanents and the other pump cards. They're also cheap. And it gives you flex. Play it if you have the spare resources and your board state is okay, or commit it if it's not needed. 1xp is cheap enough.

I would love for someone to let me in on how to use Kerosene effectively. I mean, it looks simple... you just use it right? It's so thematically rich, but I can't seem to make it worth slotting in. It seems horribly action inefficient in most decks. Who would it be best on? I'm also not much of guardian players, so who has used it and has it ever felt clutch?

Edited by Soakman

Kerosene is a pretty bad card for most investigators but there is a really fun William Yorick deck that uses it (the same deck that initially used Trench Knife, as it happens). I can't remember who originally suggested the idea but it wasn't a combo I came up with myself, though the deck as a whole was my own creation.

The trick is to combine Kerosene (played from the Discard pile with Yorick's ability, which makes it a little more efficient) with Aquinnah (3). Kill something with your weapons or Aquinnah, then use Kerosene to heal Aquinnah and get more uses. And, once you actually have a proper combo using Kerosene, you have it ready and can occasionally heal friends with it (just using it to heal investigators won't be efficient). It ended up being really clutch in Dim Carcosa. Not exactly the most powerful monster-hunter deck but I'd rather do something interesting than just yet another deck of Mark Harrigan with Flamethrower or Zoey with Machete or whatever.

3 hours ago, Allonym said:

Oh man I can't believe I missed this thread so far - I am so desperate to defend my favourite (or second-favourite), Carolyn Fern! I can, of course, still do so but you know, maybe the moment has passed.

The moment is never passed for “Sweet Carolyn”! (Cue Neil Diamond) I tried, but could never do it the justice you can.

Edited by Mimi61

@Allonym yes please do share your knowledge on Carolyn, she is my next investigator choice and I could use all the wisdom everyone has.

ok so, on the composures idk what was wrong with me when I first saw them but they can assign horror to allies -.- I thought it meant they take horror first before everything lol, imma include one in my next deck.

I have never used Kerosene so I like the combo opportunity talk :D you guys are awesome, it’s enjoyable hearing so much about every card and how each of us use it.

next card for me:

Healing Hands

why would I take this? Who wants it?

8 hours ago, Sooner535 said:

next card for me:

Healing Hands

why would I take this? Who wants it?

Assuming you mean Healing Words here? Clarity of Mind is generally considered underwhelming (sans Carolyn) and Healing Words suffers from the same problem. The difference, IMHO, is because Mystics are typically much lower on damage soak and you don't want to be losing allies like Arcane Initiate to soak. Some of the newly-released cards provide some better options, but it's still light.

Luke is the best choice for this, IMHO. He's the only Mystic that starts at 5 health, his Seeker off-class has a few 2-health allies but not many (and probably not ones that are great for him to play), and his innate ability can save enough actions that the inefficiency stings a little less.

I have a hard time coming up with tricky scenarios for this one, and happily acknowledge that even with an "ideal" home for it with Luke I'd struggle to find it worth it... but it can be a helpful option for keeping him alive.

But yeah, pretty bad one.

1 hour ago, Buhallin said:

Assuming you mean Healing Words here? Clarity of Mind is generally considered underwhelming (sans Carolyn) and Healing Words suffers from the same problem. The difference, IMHO, is because Mystics are typically much lower on damage soak and you don't want to be losing allies like Arcane Initiate to soak. Some of the newly-released cards provide some better options, but it's still light.

Luke is the best choice for this, IMHO. He's the only Mystic that starts at 5 health, his Seeker off-class has a few 2-health allies but not many (and probably not ones that are great for him to play), and his innate ability can save enough actions that the inefficiency stings a little less.

I have a hard time coming up with tricky scenarios for this one, and happily acknowledge that even with an "ideal" home for it with Luke I'd struggle to find it worth it... but it can be a helpful option for keeping him alive.

But yeah, pretty bad one.

The problem is that Mystics now have access to Robes of Endless Night which provide 2 soak for 3 resources (or 2 resources for level 2), but the resource cost itself is attenuated by its ability. Healing Words is a total of 3 damage healing (4 for Akachi) for 2 resources and 4 actions, so it really doesn't stack up. Plus there's always David Renfield, Dayana Esperence and The Black Cat for damage soak, though the ally slot is always at a premium.

Really, Healing Words is one of the worst cards in the entire game - Clarity of Mind (0) is a hilariously inefficient card almost strictly overshadowed by First Aid (0), but it at least plays into a few synergies - Carolyn Fern, Agnes' ability - and can be taken to upgrade to the slightly more attractive Clarity of Mind (3) via Arcane Research. Healing Words lacks any of those synergies, leaving it as just a slow card.

I guess you could take it if you've taken some physical trauma, e.g. in TFA with Poisoned or no Bedroll? I could maybe see an intellect-heavy Marie Lambeau taking it just so she always has a use for her extra action, but she'd probably be better off with Sixth Sense or whatever and getting an extra investigate action every round even if emphasising intellect instead. Uh...I guess Dexter gets around the action inefficiency somewhat and can sub it in with Adaptable if the campaign goes sideways and he ends up with physical trauma - he can also discard it for his ability but that's not really saying much, basically just "yes, it's an asset card".

I agree these slow action intensive heal cards are real tough sells because being too slow is how you lose this game. Really they are traps. You should only actually be hitting that action when you absolutely must to stop yourself from dying, but even then as Allonym points out it's almost always a better idea to slot and kill an ally so just throw two more allies in the deck rather than Healing Words. I'd honestly rather slot Painkillers than Healing Words and I haven't slotted Painkillers in forever.

So ultimately people tend to not want to trade actions for healing. It's the lowest value exchange. Usually you want to offset a wealth in one dimension with a deficit in another, and you don't usually ever have a wealth of actions. That's why Painkillers sounds like a better trade. There could be situations where my Sanity is full and my Health is bottoming out. So at least that allows me to make a reasonable trade (Health versus Actions). Maybe in some Rogue decks but even in those decks you usually have better ways to use those actions.

If Vincent Lee the doctor comes out and he does something great with Heals Damage cards then maybe they will see more use in his deck. In very rare cases there are scenarios that do alot of direct damage. For low HP characters that does pose a problem. Tough even then clicking actions on Healing Words alot seems way to slow, and its gonna run your clock out.

Is Healing Words the worst card in the game? Maybe. Medical Texts might be worse. It replaces the charges with a test that could fail and actually kill you. The test opens you up to chaos token effects as well, which could again make your board state worse. So if you are using the healing cards like you should and only tapping them when you need to survive then that's exactly when these little downsides could lose a scenario for you. I think Medical Texts could have been a free action (that exhausts the card) considering even in core Daisy I sometimes don't want to use that action.

Edited by phillos

Knowledge is Power saves medical texts imo, but there are better targets for that card too. Not to derail, but what about Winnie's new liquid courage (1)? It's very strange. The only way to heal the additional horror is to fail the test. How do you guys feel about that? I mean on investigators with 1 will, maybe that's fine, but seems like an odd choice to not include the extra healing if you pass. Particularly in a card that is not a survivor card.

Healing Words commits that most heinous crime of being really bad and really boring. But anyway,

16 hours ago, Allonym said:

Composure talents

I have been very pleased with Plucky in a Dark Horse Silas deck. The key assets, alongside those two, are Fire Axe (of course) and Peter Sylvester; once you're set up, you can confidently take a resource each upkeep phase and usually find a use for it.

Peter, who is already an appealing ally for Silas with his low sanity, protects Plucky fairly well. If Peter's upgraded, you are testing at a respectable 5 willpower before commits against treacheries you want to pass. With Flashlight out and nothing more urgent to do, Silas can investigate once at 3 over on a 3 shroud location, which is also quite good.

Plucky can also turn resource events into big skill boosts in the late game as long as you know the test is coming. One time I played Nothing Left to Lose for the full 5 resources before making a 'chasing the stranger' check at 8 intellect.

I would like to offer Anatomical Diagrams up for discussion. It has a strong effect for it's cost, but between it's sanity requirement and it not quite fitting in Seeker, I have never been tempted to include it.

Excluding Carolyn decks where the card has much more utility, I was only including Liquid Courage in low Will investigators like Finn, Skids and Winnie because they lose Sanity as a much higher rate due to all the Will tests they lose. So that failure was assured usually. Level 1 makes it a much less marginal card since now it starts to looks similar to the trade cost of putting an ally out to soak sanity if you fail. If you pass it looks like a more action neutral test since it draws you a card. I like level 1 LC.

I am struggling to understand what thematically is going on there. I guess cards are knowledge so when you lose you are drinking yourself stupid, but you are doing a better job of killing the brain cells holding onto the horror you witnessed along with some of your 10th grade history lessons.

Edited by phillos
2 minutes ago, phillos said:

Excluding Carolyn decks where the card has much more utility, I was only including Liquid Courage in low Will investigators like Finn, Skids and Winnie. So that failure was assured usually. Level 1 makes it a much less marginal card since now it starts to looks similar to the trade cost of putting an ally out to soak sanity if you fail. If you pass it looks like a more action neutral test since it draws you a card. I like level 1 LC.

I am struggling to understand what thematically is going on there. I guess cards are knowledge so when you lose you are drinking yourself stupid, but you are doing a better job of killing the brain cells holding onto the horror you witnessed along with some of your 10th grade history lessons.

Yes, I'm not sure thematically about the upgrade. Maybe the booze is stronger? I guess my problem is that in order to heal the extra horror, you now also have to be penalized. The lvl 0 version let you subvert that by passing.

Just now, Soakman said:

Yes, I'm not sure thematically about the upgrade. Maybe the booze is stronger? I guess my problem is that in order to heal the extra horror, you now also have to be penalized. The lvl 0 version let you subvert that by passing.

Well both outcomes of the test give you an extra benefit. I think thematically you are testing your Willpower to not drink too much and thus wreck your hand. The more I think about it; the more it makes sense to me.

8 hours ago, Allonym said:

The problem is that Mystics now have access to Robes of Endless Night which provide 2 soak for 3 resources (or 2 resources for level 2), but the resource cost itself is attenuated by its ability. Healing Words is a total of 3 damage healing (4 for Akachi) for 2 resources and 4 actions, so it really doesn't stack up. Plus there's always David Renfield, Dayana Esperence and The Black Cat for damage soak, though the ally slot is always at a premium.

Didn't mention it specifically, but Robes is what I was thinking of with the new cards. It's definitely much better. The others are good, but you either need a way to get rid of it reliably (Renfield) or they cost XP, in some cases a lot of XP.

Certainly wasn't defending it as a good card, just looking for the best possible use for it. Fully acknowledge that it's still bad :)

1 hour ago, Spritz Tea said:

I would like to offer Anatomical Diagrams up for discussion. It has a strong effect for it's cost, but between it's sanity requirement and it not quite fitting in Seeker, I have never been tempted to include it.

So I see Anatomical Diagrams as useful in two different ways.

First, it can be a very good tech card. Reducing combat or evade values to 0 means that you are nearly guaranteed to succeed - so even if you have awful Combat or Agility, you can still easily succeed. This is mainly only useful for specific situations, though you if you are using it anyway you can also use it against enemies with more than 2 Fight/Evade to help a friend hit or something. Examples include evading the Boa Constrictor in the first scenario of TFA, beating up Ghoul Minion and Swarm of Rats enemies, etc. This isn't necessarily enough to make it worth using unless you have a specific problem you're looking to solve, but it's nice for certain enemies early in campaigns.

Second, it's useful as an off-Seeker card. The Sanity requirement really hurts its usability for Roland Banks and Tony Morgan, but Joe Diamond might be a bit better able to use it. I think it's mainly really good for mystics, like a number of Seeker cards - Mystics can have trouble dealing with enemies with high stats in the early scenarios, since they're probably looking at attacking at a base total of 4-6 Willpower, and they have relatively few useful temporary boosts to apply since Mystics don't have the most universally useful array of Skill cards. So it can be a really solid card for Luke, Marie, Jim etc. to take in the early game, before they have an upgraded version of their attack spell of choice. This also applies to a limited extent for Daisy Walker using attack spells, or even Carolyn Fern.

Speaking of Carolyn...

14 hours ago, Sooner535 said:

@Allonym yes please do share your knowledge on Carolyn, she is my next investigator choice and I could use all the wisdom everyone has.

Well since you insist! The first thing to know about Carolyn is that, in terms of her statline, ability, signature cards etc., she is not very powerful. She's a really unconventional investigator, as a Guardian with 2 Combat and 4 Intellect, but my first advice would be: Make sure you know why you're choosing Carolyn and what you intend to do with her. She is explicitly an investigator designed for weird deckbuilds rather than straightforward effectiveness - unless you have a specific plan in mind, you're better off picking another investigator instead. I'd break down the things you can do with her into four broad categories:

• A support investigator. At first glance, this might seem to be Carolyn's job - heal other investigators, give them resources, let them do the heavy lifting. Unfortunately, "support" isn't really a 'job'. As I have said elsewhere, if you play as part of a group, you contribute one player's worth of objectives - clues to gather, encounter cards to respond to, boss enemy health to overcome, and so on - that the group needs to deal with, and healing lots of horror and handing out some resources is not going to compensate for that additional workload. I know that Agnes Baker + Carolyn Fern is a popular combo, with Carolyn healing up Agnes so she can keep using her ability - that's probably the closest to a potent support Carolyn deck, and even then you need to put in work as a clue-gatherer.
  • A weird Seeker. You miss out on all the incredibly powerful high-level Seeker cards, but base 4 intellect and access to basic investigation boosters mean that she can do a reasonable job gathering clues, and use Guardian and Mystic cards to help out. You could have a certain amount of fun doing this, but - as mentioned above - the few tricks this will let you pull off won't compensate for what you have lost by not being a real seeker.
  • A combo engine. This was initially how I tried to build and play Carolyn - putting together a web of cards to build up to a powerful board state. Peter Sylvestre and Forbidden Knowledge as a resource engine - to pay for an 11-asset board. Problem is that it's hugely slow, fragile, reliant on drawing the right cards, and doesn't pay off enough. Peter Sylvestre + Forbidden Knowledge will make you 8 resources, which seems like a lot - until you realise you've paid 2 actions, 2 cards and 3 resources, for net 5 resources; for comparison, playing Emergency Cache (0) will get you 3 resources for 1 card and 1 action (a better deal). The moment I stopped putting Peter Sylvestre in my Carolyn decks was the moment my Carolyn decks started working. There's nothing wrong with having synergies between cards, but a good deck is resilient to the luck of the draw and can hit the ground running.
  • A unique hybrid investigator. This is how I build Carolyn now. Ancient Stone for highly efficient healing of yourself and other investigators; Meat Cleaver as a combat solution; a good mix of skills and support events to provide a solid toolbox of options. I've played her with Foolishness and really enjoyed the build I put together; next I want to play with her normal signatures, more disposable allies and Practice Makes Perfect. It has a reasonable cost curve (especially if going for Astounding Revelation + Stick to the Plan), and by the mid game hardly needs resources at all, leaving you free to pour the profits into Keen Eye.

My Foolishness deck looks something like this , with some possible tweaks, with upgrade priorities of Ancient Stone, Stick to the Plan, Charisma, Keen Eye, Ever Vigilent. The PMP deck I am going to try out looks something like this , upgrading along these lines (maybe trying to fit Reliable in there in place of Vicious Blow).

14 minutes ago, Allonym said:

Speaking of Carolyn...

My Foolishness deck looks something like this , with some possible tweaks, with upgrade priorities of Ancient Stone, Stick to the Plan, Charisma, Keen Eye, Ever Vigilent. The PMP deck I am going to try out looks something like this , upgrading along these lines (maybe trying to fit Reliable in there in place of Vicious Blow).

thank you for this! i haven't built my Carolyn deck yet and this is super-helpful giving me ideas of how to maxmize her strengths despite her inability to carry weapons.

Ok. This may be a weird one, but how many of you use Red Gloved Man? I put it in a deck right after it was released, but since then, there are so many cards that can boost stats for longer that are cheaper, I haven’t used it in ages.

Same. I used RGM alot when the card first came out and now I keep forgetting about it.

Also Allonym knows what's up with Carolyn. I play her in the toolbox hybrid investigator fashion described alot in solo. I find that alot of fun to pilot.