Shipping Now (Marvel Champions)

By Duciris, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

My card just got charged for Kang & AHLCG: Innsmouth. I estimate we'll be seeing both (officially at least) on Friday Oct. 9th.

mc11en-box500.png ahc52-box-left.png

Edited by Duciris

Me too! Though I'm guessing it'll be the 2nd, not the 9th. Either way, new stuff!

1 hour ago, maniakmedic said:

Me too! Though I'm guessing it'll be the 2nd, not the 9th. Either way, new stuff!

Yeah, it certainly could be!

I pre-ordered Innsmouth back in May. Hoping it doesn't suffer the same debacle as Rise of the Red Skull did.

Kang isn't showing up yet for pre-order at my usual stores; presumably again because of the mess Asmodee made of the UK release of Red Skull.

FFG and Asmodee both seem to be having several issues (which is not surprising). After they changed it, the "Upcoming" page was actually pretty useful for all of a couple of months, but has since fallen back into the state it was in before (basically that nobody was actually updating it). And then there's the FFG Live schedule link at the bottom of the page that still points to the GenCon schedule instead of the updated one. And on top of that, there was apparently no live stream of Barkham Horror on September 12 (if there was, they still haven't put it up on YouTube), but there wasn't any indication that it was cancelled, either. This should be stuff that is noted on the web page, even if it's been tweeted or posted to Facebook or Instagram.

I've at least been able to pre-order the LOTR LCG scenario "The Hunt for the Dreadnaught", but there's still no pre-order link for the AH LCG scenario "War of the Outer Gods", which was known about earlier.

The Barkham Horror stream did go ahead as part of PAX Online 2020, although to your point I didn't see anything from FFG indicating that this is where it was going to be shown either before or after it happened!

14 minutes ago, Assussanni said:

The Barkham Horror stream did go ahead as part of PAX Online 2020, although to your point I didn't see anything from FFG indicating that this is where it was going to be shown either before or after it happened!

They're terrible at communication. It's just listed on the September FFG Live schedule (which you have to hunt through the news section to find) as taking place on September 12 at 6:45 pm CT.

2 hours ago, maniakmedic said:

They're terrible at communication. It's just listed on the September FFG Live schedule (which you have to hunt through the news section to find) as taking place on September 12 at 6:45 pm CT.

They don't seem to be doing too well at the moment, I agree. I also assumed it had been cancelled until I found a helpful person on Reddit had posted the link, complete with timestamp, to the VOD on the PAX Online Twitch page. I was amazed that there was no mention of it on FFG's Twitter page, which had several Barkham posts both before and after it took place.

Well, I got the shipping notification and tracking number for The Innsmouth Conspiracy, so fingers crossed that I get a tracking number for Kang tomorrow!

Shipping notice for Kang came today! Woohoo!

Looks like Kang is delayed in the UK - not on the release sheet for next week

3 hours ago, jonboyjon1990 said:

Looks like Kang is delayed in the UK - not on the release sheet for next week

A couple of weeks back when I asked my FLGS about Kang, they said they'd been told he's already sold out. 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

A couple of weeks back when I asked my FLGS about Kang, they said they'd been told he's already sold out. 🤷‍♂️

That’s how much the store has preordered. Doesn’t have much to do with its UK release date.

On 9/22/2020 at 9:23 AM, Duciris said:

My card just got charged for Kang & AHLCG: Innsmouth. I estimate we'll be seeing both (officially at least) on Friday Oct. 9th.

Do we know the release date for Ant-Man yet?

2 hours ago, urloony said:

Do we know the release date for Ant-Man yet?

Looks like November, possibly with Wasp as well.

Plenty of Red Skull action, while we wait 🥳

They really need to do a better job at keeping the Upcoming page up to date. It's missing all the announced Marvel Champions stuff, the last LOTR LCG campaign pack, and the two revealed Innsmouth Conspiracy packs following the box. They've also never put a single MC playmat on the list.

This is dangerously close to a double post, since I mentioned the same in the AHLCG forum, but as a heads up...

I got a text today from my FLGS that they have Kang in-hand. They can't sell them until Friday, but they have them held until then for those of us who preordered.

So Kang is definitely out on Friday.

Mine arrived from Asmodee today. Haven't had the chance to run through it yet, though.

10 hours ago, KBlumhardt said:

This is dangerously close to a double post, since I mentioned the same in the AHLCG forum, but as a heads up...

I got a text today from my FLGS that they have Kang in-hand. They can't sell them until Friday, but they have them held until then for those of us who preordered.

So Kang is definitely out on Friday.

In the US?

4 hours ago, jonboyjon1990 said:

In the US?

Yes... in the US, sorry.

Kang is at my FLGS! I can pick up my copy tomorrow! :D

Well I’m disappointed that it looks like the U.K. won’t get it until next week, but in the other hand, it’s been a busy month and I haven’t had the chance to play the Red Skull villains nearly enough yet, so I’m sure I can keep myself busy this weekend...