Force push creature trooper

By Zeph01, in Rules

Hey all!

IF a force user force pushes a creature trooper, can the creature trooper be moved in any direction? Or do you have to use the notched base to complete the force push move. For example, can you push a dewback sideways? Or only forward or backwards due to the notched base of the mini

1 hour ago, Zeph01 said:

Hey all!

IF a force user force pushes a creature trooper, can the creature trooper be moved in any direction? Or do you have to use the notched base to complete the force push move. For example, can you push a dewback sideways? Or only forward or backwards due to the notched base of the mini

Hi.

It must be a speed-1 move as instructed by the card, so you have to use the notch on the front. But if the unit you're moving has the Reposition keyword, you can use that abbility when you're moving it like this.

Edited by Lemmiwinks86

Awesome thank you for clarifying!

also thought of another question. If a B1 droid is in melee with a dewback, and the droid is issued an order, does AI trigger or if you choose to withdraw can you do so.

thanks again!

37 minutes ago, Zeph01 said:

Awesome thank you for clarifying!

also thought of another question. If a B1 droid is in melee with a dewback, and the droid is issued an order, does AI trigger or if you choose to withdraw can you do so.

thanks again!

It's important to clarify that "issued an order" is when you assign it a face up order token during the Command Phase. If this is the case and the droid unit have a face up order token, then AI doesn't trigger. But I think that you're reffering to when you draw the order token from the pool during the Activation Phase, that's not "issuing" an order. The distinction is important as it could lead to some confusion with card effects (for example Linked Targeting Array triggers only if the unit receives an order token during the Command Phase, aka "is issued an order"; not when you draw its order token from the pool during the Activation Phase). So if your question is if when you draw the B1's order token from the pool you must attack or you can choose to withdraw from the engagement, the answer is that it must attack because of AI. The only time AI won't trigger if the unit doesn't have a face up order token is when that AI action cannot be done (for example the droids have no enemy unit at attack range).

Edited by Lemmiwinks86

Thank you for answering, I meant as in issued from the order pool. So AI would trigger and I am unable to withdraw from the melee.

Funny fact about force pushing tauntauns: they still get the dodge from agile 😀

5 hours ago, Zeph01 said:

Thank you for answering, I meant as in issued from the order pool. So AI would trigger and I am unable to withdraw from the melee.

You don't get issued orders from the order pool. You only get them during the Command Phase. The terminology is important.

15 hours ago, arnoldrew said:

You don't get issued orders from the order pool. You only get them during the Command Phase. The terminology is important.

Sorry for the confusion in my second question. I meant to say when I pulled the token from the order pool.