But Suppression! Battle Reports

By Alpha17, in Battle Reports

I've shared this to Discord and Facebook with some success, so I figured I'll see if anyone here likes the idea. If it is popular, I'll make more of these in the future. Open to suggestions for how to improve this as well.

Hostage Exchange-200909114656

Hostage Exchange(1)-200909114656 Hostage Exchange(2)-200909114656

This was the "full" game as played, although it only went to the end of round 2 due to time. Let me know any critiques, or if this is just bad and I need to stop. Thanks!

This is definitely not bad, and you don't need to stop.

6 hours ago, Alpha17 said:

This was the "full" game as played, although it only went to the end of round 2 due to time. Let me know any critiques, or if this is just bad and I need to stop. Thanks!

How did you only get 2 rounds in?

I've yet to play the Hostage. (I've played the bomb card and bombs away from the new set) but this is what I've been afraid of with rebels, is losing my squad immediately and then being stuck with the hostage in a bad way.

I love the more narrative type of batrep. I love pictures more than the video (video usually just takes longer and you don't always see or know what's happening any better)

The only critique I have is that there were times I wasn't entirely sure about the word bubble content (one frame has death troopers saying something about ARC troopers) I could always tell what the Clones were doing because they were painted, the Imperials not as much.

18 hours ago, buckero0 said:

How did you only get 2 rounds in?

I've yet to play the Hostage. (I've played the bomb card and bombs away from the new set) but this is what I've been afraid of with rebels, is losing my squad immediately and then being stuck with the hostage in a bad way.

I love the more narrative type of batrep. I love pictures more than the video (video usually just takes longer and you don't always see or know what's happening any better)

The only critique I have is that there were times I wasn't entirely sure about the word bubble content (one frame has death troopers saying something about ARC troopers) I could always tell what the Clones were doing because they were painted, the Imperials not as much.

Time, honestly. The store closed at ten, and we finished up round two at about 9:30-45ish. We had enough time to pack up, or play another round, not both. My opponent wasn't confident in his ability to carry on with the game anyway, so we called it then.

As for the word baloon/bubble content, what was the problem? Hard to understand, not clear on who was saying what, or too small of text to make it out?

If the confusion was who said what, maybe color code the bubbles? Pick a color for each faction or unit, and use that color as the background for the bubble.

27 minutes ago, oreet said:

If the confusion was who said what, maybe color code the bubbles? Pick a color for each faction or unit, and use that color as the background for the bubble.

I actually tried to do that, but I'm not sure if the app used allows for it, or if so, how to do so. If it helps, I'll make a point of making it work though.

3 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

I actually tried to do that, but I'm not sure if the app used allows for it, or if so, how to do so. If it helps, I'll make a point of making it work though.

So personally I didn't have an issue with it as-is. Just throwing out ideas.

yeah, mainly that, I wasn't totally clear on who was saying what. Mind you I'm not complaining. I thought the whole thing was great and would read these any day over trying to watch a video

Thanks for your opinions. I'll try to work that into the next one if possible. If not, I'll see if there's another work around.

Battle Report #3, Republic vs CIS on Republic Outpost. Rollout, Clear Conditions, and Intercept the Transmissions

Intercept the Transmissions-200925081330 Intercept the Transmissions(1)-200925081330 Intercept the Transmissions(2)-200925081330 Intercept the Transmissions(3)-200925081330 Intercept the Transmissions(4)-200925081330 Intercept the Transmissions(5)-200925081330

As always, I hope you enjoyed it. Let me know if you had any thoughts or issues with this one. They're getting longer, and a bit wordier. Sorry about that.

These are great

Is this the same opponent that keeps getting the bad end of the clone stick?

18 hours ago, buckero0 said:

These are great

Is this the same opponent that keeps getting the bad end of the clone stick?

No, these have been my last three games of my local group's Legion League, so different player each time. I'll probably finish out the League with GAR, then start playing Imperial again from time to time, so it's not Kamino TV in here.