Restock of AHLCG Products

By OC Architect, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

That was fast its out of stock now. Someone probably bought 20 copies and are going to scalp them on eBay for 75$ a pop. 😥 😥

My Phantom of Truth order just got cancelled by Asmodee - 'due to a warehouse discrepancy this item is no longer in stock'. Just started the Carcosa campaign assuming this would be here in time, too 😱 😭

14 minutes ago, Sarre said:

My Phantom of Truth order just got cancelled by Asmodee - 'due to a warehouse discrepancy this item is no longer in stock'. Just started the Carcosa campaign assuming this would be here in time, too 😱 😭

oh noooooo!

mine says it shipped on the 26th, but i always hold my breath until i have it in-hand. : o p

I don't understand why A Phantom of Truth is so hard to get? I see people including myself saying its the only one they need to complete the set. Why print more copies of the others and less of these?

I've just recently gotten into FFG's living card games myself this year (meaning I'm probably contributing to the problems)- same story as a lot of people I reckon, the quarantines making me seek around for some good solo games. Got big into the Lord of the Rings for a few months, then decided to give Arkham Horror a try- seemed easy at first to get everything as I wanted it, either right off ffg's site, or amazon. Even the Lord of the Rings stuff seemed acquirable, even though I heard from people that it might be tough to get everything of that. Worked my way through the Dunwich Legacy just fine- But I've hit the same problem as everyone else it looks like, that it's suddenly hard to find anything in stock. Couldn't find 'a phantom of truth' on any other sites, except at huge mark-ups.

I understand the general situation of 'the world right now' is probably making production slow down- But I almost wonder if there aren't some grifters going around, buying up stock to hoard it and resell at higher value? It's just so strange that it seems like everything is sold out so suddenly, even going back to lord of the rings. I've seen some things flick on as 'available/in stock' for maybe an HOUR or two, but then they go right back out of stock again?

More restocks and much larger than before. Much of the DUnwich Legacy is back in stock. The last two mythos packs for Carcosa (still not the middle one), Forgotten Age full cycle is restocked, last four mythos packs for Circle Undone, and a couple from the Dream Eaters cycle.

Keep on keeping those fingers crossed. 😀

RM

I feel like I'm never going to get Phantom of Truth

Yea, it is really strange on how the restocks are coming through with only partial sets being restocked. At least the faucet has been opened up a bit and things are flowing somewhat. I have a mish mash of mythos packs that need a few here and there to finish off certain cycles.

RM

26 minutes ago, CrimeLord Owl said:

I feel like I'm never going to get Phantom of Truth

mine arrived yesterday; don't give up hope and don't give in to the scalpers.

Yesterday I did a deep dive into obscure online stores, and managed to pick up 4 more out-of-stock sets (2 of them coming from Canada). Assuming those orders actually come through, I'll only be missing Phantom of Truth and Thousand Shapes of Horror, which seem to be nowhere. Was able, somehow, to complete Circle Undone. Still gritting my teeth over Asmodee cancelling my Phantom of Truth order. I wonder if they just found a few packs sitting around or something, rather than getting a reprint in - strange that they couldn't even fill their own orders...

I think we'll continue our Carcosa campaign, but substitute Carnavale for Phantom without paying the XP 'entry fee.' I guess we'll just pick one of the resolutions for Phantom from the online rules. It sucks though, b/c I really want to go to Paris right now!!!

I hate that I feel like I have to buy the entire game now whenever I find a pack for sale. It feels like hoarding (and it's expensive!).

2 hours ago, Sarre said:

Yesterday I did a deep dive into obscure online stores, and managed to pick up 4 more out-of-stock sets (2 of them coming from Canada). Assuming those orders actually come through, I'll only be missing Phantom of Truth and Thousand Shapes of Horror, which seem to be nowhere. Was able, somehow, to complete Circle Undone. Still gritting my teeth over Asmodee cancelling my Phantom of Truth order. I wonder if they just found a few packs sitting around or something, rather than getting a reprint in - strange that they couldn't even fill their own orders...

I think we'll continue our Carcosa campaign, but substitute Carnavale for Phantom without paying the XP 'entry fee.' I guess we'll just pick one of the resolutions for Phantom from the online rules. It sucks though, b/c I really want to go to Paris right now!!!

I hate that I feel like I have to buy the entire game now whenever I find a pack for sale. It feels like hoarding (and it's expensive!).

Its really unfortunate that those are the two packs you're missing since they've both been in stock for short amounts of time within the past two weeks. Thousand Shapes of Horror was in stock earlier this week for a grand total of 3 hours. Hopefully it shows up at retailers sometime in the next few weeks and you can pick it up.

20 minutes ago, zpadela said:

Its really unfortunate that those are the two packs you're missing since they've both been in stock for short amounts of time within the past two weeks. Thousand Shapes of Horror was in stock earlier this week for a grand total of 3 hours. Hopefully it shows up at retailers sometime in the next few weeks and you can pick it up.

Yeah thats what I dont get some get restocked and are on the market for days sometimes weeks but others last hours. You'd think that as one piece to a larger set that this wouldn't be the case.

I received notification today from two stores (in Canada) that they've received restocks of Dark Side of the Moon... but that pack is still listed as out of stock on the Asmodee/FFG store page.

21 hours ago, Sarre said:

I drew the Elder Sign! The package just came from Asmodee, and it had Phantom of Truth in it after all!

But in true AH fashion, this moment of good luck must mean that I'm soon to be punished with Trauma and Doom 😬

Just need Thousand Shapes and I'll have everything except Dunwich - which I'd bought and played already, but then the RtNoZ box containing the whole Dunwich campaign, plus the contents of 3 'Return to' boxes, and the entire core campaign, vanished during our vacation. That one... hurt.

Edited by Sarre
31 minutes ago, Sarre said:

I drew the Elder Sign! The package just came from Asmodee, and it had Phantom of Truth in it after all!

But in true AH fashion, this moment of good luck must mean that I'm soon to be punished with Trauma and Doom 😬

Just need Thousand Shapes and I'll have everything except Dunwich - which I'd bought and played already, but then the RtNoZ box containing the whole Dunwich campaign (plus the contents of 3 'Return to' boxes, and the entire core campaign) vanished during our vacation. That one... hurt.

So many emotions in this post. I need a nap. 😃 😯 😥 💤

Looks like all of Forgotten Age is back up sans the Return to box.

RM

Sigh... Asmodee just cancelled my Weaver of the Cosmos order too. Fortunately this one's not as difficult to come by, but still...

If anyone's looking for Thousand Shapes of Horror, there's a few Amazon UK third party sellers that have it at non-outrageous prices. I got it for $30USD shipped (more than I should have paid, but worth it just to not have to keep checking Asmodee 10 times a day).

For those interested in actual outrageous prices we choked on our cereal to this today.

https://ebay.us/qk9Tk8

You got to admire the balls right? We’d sell our copy (with or without grandma) for this :D

i guess the recent insinuation that there would be no reprint on this scenario has got the scalpers feeling very bold! XD

4 hours ago, ArkhamChronicle said:

For those interested in actual outrageous prices we choked on our cereal to this today.

You got to admire the balls right? We’d sell our copy (with or without grandma) for this :D

If people are getting this kind of prices maybe I will start selling my empty boxes so players can at least get the essence of the scenario. :)

RM

If anyone is looking for The Pallid Mask at a reasonable price here it is on Amazon for $15.

On 10/16/2020 at 2:42 PM, ArkhamChronicle said:

Well he dropped the price to £100. Shame.

But for anyone in the UK here is one for a mere £18 plus postage. A bargain!

https://ebay.us/wQOwVD

On 10/28/2020 at 6:13 AM, ArkhamChronicle said:

Well he dropped the price to £100. Shame.

What was it originally? It was £100 when I first saw it which seemed outrageous enough!

On 10/29/2020 at 4:19 PM, coldt0es said:

What was it originally? It was £100 when I first saw it which seemed outrageous enough!

It was £750!