New Novella - Dark Revelations

By Duciris, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

Norman is an interesting example, with his "Start as class A, evolve into class B" deck-building restrictions.

Who would people pick as other characters to work that way, assuming a cycle had 5 characters with that sort of build guide?

We'll assume that Seeker as starting class and Mystic as destination class are taken, and that there's no duplicates of these positions.

10 minutes ago, dysartes said:

Norman is an interesting example, with his "Start as class A, evolve into class B" deck-building restrictions.

Who would people pick as other characters to work that way, assuming a cycle had 5 characters with that sort of build guide?

We'll assume that Seeker as starting class and Mystic as destination class are taken, and that there's no duplicates of these positions.

That's an interesting thought experiment. I was all ready to put my money on Amanda Sharpe (The Student) being Survivor 0, Seeker 1-5 until we saw her actual deckbuilding. The most difficult question to my mind is who is going to be Survivor 1-5? The idea of "growing into" being a scrappy underdog from previously being a member of a different class is not easy to square away thematically, though not impossible by any means. So I suggest:

• Norman Withers, Seeker 0, Mystic 1-5 (known)
  • Carson Sinclair, Guardian 0, Survivor 1-5
  • Lily Chen, Mystic 0, Guardian 1-5.
  • Bob Jenkins, Rogue 0, Seeker 1-5
  • Daniela Reyes, Survivor 0, Rogue 1-5

Hank could be Survivor to Guardian. That would be an interesting model of Hank since he starts as just a farmer minding his own business and then turns into a person looking to protect people from the monsters he discovered.

12 minutes ago, Allonym said:

That's an interesting thought experiment. I was all ready to put my money on Amanda Sharpe (The Student) being Survivor 0, Seeker 1-5 until we saw her actual deckbuilding. The most difficult question to my mind is who is going to be Survivor 1-5? The idea of "growing into" being a scrappy underdog from previously being a member of a different class is not easy to square away thematically, though not impossible by any means. So I suggest:

• Norman Withers, Seeker 0, Mystic 1-5 (known)
  • Carson Sinclair, Guardian 0, Survivor 1-5
  • Lily Chen, Mystic 0, Guardian 1-5.
  • Bob Jenkins, Rogue 0, Seeker 1-5
  • Daniela Reyes, Survivor 0, Rogue 1-5

I would say the transition TO survivor most fits George. But his base class would be, what, rogue? The big issue is that he’s a weird case because his motivations are ones of revenge. But then again, so are Mark’s and he’s a guardian.

I could see bob as a rogue to survivor. I always got the impression he was clueless about the mythos. But then he finds some coins and ends up asking the wrong questions.

Edited by Soakman
On 9/3/2020 at 11:31 AM, phillos said:

I think that's new Gloria art. I've not seen it before. I really like it. Also this game needed Gloria. It went too long without her.

The art for the novella investigators comes from the novella covers ( with the exception of Roland). The standard art used in deluxe expansions and core are taken from Eldridge Horror, a step up, in my honest opinion, from Arkham Horror 2nd ed

Wow - looks like Dark Revelations has sold out of its preorder allotment.

RM

45 minutes ago, OC Architect said:

Wow - looks like Dark Revelations has sold out of its preorder allotment.

RM

Yikes! I hope I get my copy. I'd be so sad. Gloria is my main squeeze.

FFG, you really need to look at how many of these you are producing in a wave.

Sheesh.

5 minutes ago, dysartes said:

FFG, you really need to look at how many of these you are producing in a wave.

Sheesh.

Yep. It's not like they should be taken by surprise at how popular the novellas are by now...

This is kinda silly. Seems like every time they under print these things. Hopefully they already kicked off another print run. I'd hate to reproduce the ridiculous wait we had for for Deep Gate's second printing.

Do we know when this might get released? I do hope that there is enough allocated to retailers, even if FFG have sold out.

6 minutes ago, Dr Dee said:

Do we know when this might get released? I do hope that there is enough allocated to retailers, even if FFG have sold out.

I think it was confirmed for November some time.

19 minutes ago, Dr Dee said:

12 minutes ago, Soakman said:

I think it was confirmed for November some time.

Yeah, planned release in November. From the article:

… Read a new story of the Arkham Horror Files mythos in Dark Revelations by Amanda Downum, planned for release this November!

2 hours ago, Dr Dee said:

I don’t know about Novellas, but Innsmouth was sold out before it was released too and it is back in stock now. So with this much lead time, maybe they will print more by November. 🤞🏻

Just remembered I was going to post this after open Arkham Horror 3e: Under Dark Waves.

Charlie Kane:

Stamina: 4, Sanity: 8, Lore: 2, Influence: 4, Observation: 3, Strength: 2, Will: 2

Starting Possessions (choose between A & B):

• 2$
  • Voice of Authority [Talent - Innate] "Once per round, when resolving a test using a skill you have focused, you may test INFLUENCE in place of the indicated skill. (Original modifiers still apply.)"
  • A) Bonnie Walsh [Ally - Faithful, 2 Stamina/3 Sanity] - "Once per round, before you resolve a test, you may focus one skill of your choice."
  • B) Calling in Favors [Talent - Retainer] "At the start of your turn, discard all money from this card and test INFLUENCE . For each success you roll, place $1 on this card. You may spend money from this card. (You may not trade it.) "

Abilities:

• Task force - Action: Spend $2, and an additional $1 for each ally you have, to gain one ally.
  • Leadership - Each time one of your allies is discarded, suffer one direct horror.
  • Your focus limit is equal to the number of allies you have.

His Primary Roles are listed as Rouge & Seeker. That said, I still believe he will be a neutral investigator with an ally heavy focus when he debuts in the LCG.

Edited by Duciris

I just got an email that says my copy of Dark Revelations is "shipping soon."

Edited by Carthoris
1 hour ago, Carthoris said:

😮 I'm excited for this one. I hope I get my copy.

3 hours ago, Carthoris said:

Same.

In Too Deep will be riding the seas with it.

Edited by Duciris

Anyone sighted this in the UK yet?

This is now showing up in UK for release next week. Placed my pre-order...hopefully there will be enough supply.

I just got email notice that my preorder of Agatha Gloria HAS SHIPPED.

😁

Edited by Carthoris
2 hours ago, Carthoris said:

I just got email notice that my preorder of Agatha HAS SHIPPED.

😁

I hope you mean Gloria or there’s a new novella coming lol.