rex+arc II+ intel

By Hersh, in Rules

So, I don't play clones... yet, but I am thinking about it.

Last night I was toying around with clone builds and think I saw something scary.

Could you take Rex, 2 Arc II, give them all Intel, use them all together and in effect have 2 Arc IIs with scout 4 and Rex not too far behind?

If so, is this as scary as it looks?

41 minutes ago, Hersh said:

So, I don't play clones... yet, but I am thinking about it.

Last night I was toying around with clone builds and think I saw something scary.

Could you take Rex, 2 Arc II, give them all Intel, use them all together and in effect have 2 Arc IIs with scout 4 and Rex not too far behind?

If so, is this as scary as it looks?

If you give them recon intel, the ARCs will have Scout 3 and Rex will have Scout 2. Even if the ARCs would already have Scout 3, recon intel wouldn't give them Scout 4 as that doesn't exist, the maximum is Scout 3.

Now if your premise was to have the ARCs deploy, use their scout and then deploy Rex and use Scouting Party on those ARCs, that doesn't work as you can't use Scouting Party on a unit that already used Scout.

Edited by Lemmiwinks86
On 8/31/2020 at 3:53 PM, Lemmiwinks86 said:

If you give them recon intel, the ARCs will have Scout 3 and Rex will have Scout 2. Even if the ARCs would already have Scout 3, recon intel wouldn't give them Scout 4 as that doesn't exist, the maximum is Scout 3.

Now if your premise was to have the ARCs deploy, use their scout and then deploy Rex and use Scouting Party on those ARCs, that doesn't work as you can't use Scouting Party on a unit that already used Scout.

Huh.. Had to look up the rule itself after reading this and sure enough, Rex card doesn't show the full rule.. That's really annoying sometimes, since the restriction is not on his card a friend of mine has used this wrong since we started and now he's probably going to be annoyed to have played it wrong :/ It was good for sure, but didn't seem outright broken (unlike Standby sharing..)

24 minutes ago, RejjeN said:

Huh.. Had to look up the rule itself after reading this and sure enough, Rex card doesn't show the full rule.. That's really annoying sometimes, since the restriction is not on his card a friend of mine has used this wrong since we started and now he's probably going to be annoyed to have played it wrong 😕 It was good for sure, but didn't seem outright broken (unlike Standby sharing..)

You should always reference the RRG for the full rule. The reminder text on the cards is just that: a reminder.

3 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

You should always reference the RRG for the full rule. The reminder text on the cards is just that: a reminder.

I suppose so, but I do wish there was a clear way to show which rules aren't fully typed out on the cards (like a "RRG" symbol or something I dunno)

8 hours ago, RejjeN said:

I suppose so, but I do wish there was a clear way to show which rules aren't fully typed out on the cards (like a "RRG" symbol or something I dunno)

There are no rules which are fully typed out on the cards. Use the RRG for anything other than a quick reminder.

9 hours ago, RejjeN said:

There is per page 4 of the RRG "Reminder Text":

"Any italicized parenthetical text on cards is reminder text. Reminder text is not an exhaustive description of the rules for a keyword. Rather, it is there to help players remember how and when to resolve each keyword. If a player has questions about how a keyword works, that player should refer to that keyword’s glossary entry. The Golden Rule does not apply to reminder text, as reminder text is not considered to be card text."

Edited by Caimheul1313

Thanks for the responses. I didn't have my rrg handy at the time to check the rule, (was at work and I don't think they'd appreciate me downloading that on to my work pc).

Edited by Hersh
spelling