My Mother Was a Holocron...

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

I guess there's a bit of dichotomy with "past and future characters" as I call them.

Skye is focused on the past and learning about her past, her brother is focused on progressing and forming his future. "Where will I go?" vs. "Where did I come from?"

I found this other thread about holocrons on the site.

From what I am reading (and based on my knowledge from KOTR games), holocrons are just advanced machines (using some kind of AI?) that mimic the personalities of the person(s) who created them.

Based on that, I would say the holocron wouldn't recognize the character; Especially not a grown-up version of a daughter that was not raised by the mother.

However, the AI could be told that the creator was the parent and I'm sure an interesting conversation could ensue. Holocrons might use some kind of brain scanning technology in the creation process (or through the Force), so it's possible to predict a response or come up with a logical response based on the data. Such a conversation might feel very cold and lack emotion and empathy though. Which isn't a bad storytelling device. It would give the character/player an RP moment and add depth to the game.

Edited by SuperWookie
On 8/20/2020 at 10:15 AM, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Sigh...

I really need to get around to watching Alien, Terminator, Blade Runner, etc. etc.

I'm terrible at procrastinating stuff I want to do.

what is wrong with you. pick one watch it this weekend

4 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

what is wrong with you. pick one watch it this weekend

Chill, chill. I'll watch them.

Eventually.

:D

Just an idea, could the gatekeeper hum fragments of the lullaby while thinking/loading. Something like this.

"Gatekeeper do you know the story of Darth Plagueis the Wise?" Daughter

"Darth Plagueis?" Hmm Hmmmm Hmm Hmmmm "Why yes I do." Gatekeeper

The fragments are to small to recognise at first, but the gatekeeper might start doing it for longer when she is in an idle mode (on but not actively communicating) allowing the daughter to start to recognise it.