Any idea for creature/emplacement trooper for cw era ?

By ChuiSaoul, in Star Wars: Legion

The CIS directly used the gutkurrs in the Ryloth arc. They could get zombified geonosians too. Sniper droidekas could be an emplacement as well. I think Gundarks would be a good neutral threat/objective.

I’d want to see Blurrgs, but would also be content with Gungans and Kaadus.

6 hours ago, arnoldrew said:

Can yo provide a link to a wookieepedia page or something?

Droid laser turret

Droid Emplacement would probably be the dual laser cannon seen in clone wars in some defensive emplacements, called J-10 Dual Blaster Cannon in the RPG

The clones do have an emplacement turret that is basically an E-Web, but if they take some inspiration from Battlefront 2, it could come with some shield tokens. In that game when you jump on the turret it has a forwards facing shield that the barrel of the turret pokes through, so it just protects the shooter from the front. I think it is the EWHB-12 heavy repeating blaster.

New Star Wars Battlefront 2 Update Patch Adds Kashyyyk Level And ...

latest?cb=20200225171031

Edited by Nithorian

Vulture Droids, please.

5 minutes ago, Jake the Hutt said:

Vulture Droids, please.

Yes, but wouldn't those be a repulsor vehicle, not a creature/emplacement Trooper?

6 minutes ago, Lochlan said:

Yes, but wouldn't those be a repulsor vehicle, not a creature/emplacement Trooper?

Vulture_droid_walk.jpg

15 minutes ago, Jake the Hutt said:

OK, but how is that not a ground vehicle? What about that says "creature" or "emplacement" or even " trooper "?

If we get Vultures (which I hope we do), they would just be either a repulsor vehicle or a ground vehicle (or both, and capable of switching between modes).

1 hour ago, Lochlan said:

OK, but how is that not a ground vehicle? What about that says "creature" or "emplacement" or even " trooper "?

If we get Vultures (which I hope we do), they would just be either a repulsor vehicle or a ground vehicle (or both, and capable of switching between modes).

And they will come with 2 sets of models (one in flight mode, one in walker mode) like Droidekas. That way FFG can charge over a hundred bucks for it. The problem is that suckers like me will still buy it.

6 hours ago, Lochlan said:

It could be whatever the designers want it to be, so I don't see why it couldn't be an Emplacement (Although for the record, I was suggesting the Vulture for the Creature role, not Emplacement). I mean, so far we have 2 Emplacements, and only one is actually an emplacement. The other is just a weapon team that doesn't move very fast. The standard for emplacement so far seems to be pretty loose.

Same with Creature. Keep in mind that the Vulture isn't actually a "vehicle". Its just a big Droid. So while it could easily be a vehicle in the game, it could also easily be a Creature with Resilience instead of Courage. Although really I think it would be more likely to be a vehicle that behaves very similar to a creature. Either way, it could occupy the same thematic slot as Emplacement or Creatures in other lists.

Keep in mind that the designers introduce new things and expand categories all the time. We didn't have Operatives, Emplacements or Creatures until we did. The Trooper classification has been expanded several times now, to include Creature troopers, Emplacement Troopers, Clone Troopers and Droid Troopers. Why not Droid Creature Troopers?

Besides, I keep seeing people in this community suggest the DSD1 Dwarf Spider as filling both the Emplacement and Creature roll. This isn't any different.

2 hours ago, Jake the Hutt said:

It could be whatever the designers want it to be, so I don't see why it couldn't be an Emplacement (Although for the record, I was suggesting the Vulture for the Creature role, not Emplacement). I mean, so far we have 2 Emplacements, and only one is actually an emplacement. The other is just a weapon team that doesn't move very fast. The standard for emplacement so far seems to be pretty loose.

Same with Creature. Keep in mind that the Vulture isn't actually a "vehicle". Its just a big Droid. So while it could easily be a vehicle in the game, it could also easily be a Creature with Resilience instead of Courage. Although really I think it would be more likely to be a vehicle that behaves very similar to a creature. Either way, it could occupy the same thematic slot as Emplacement or Creatures in other lists.

Keep in mind that the designers introduce new things and expand categories all the time. We didn't have Operatives, Emplacements or Creatures until we did. The Trooper classification has been expanded several times now, to include Creature troopers, Emplacement Troopers, Clone Troopers and Droid Troopers. Why not Droid Creature Troopers?

Besides, I keep seeing people in this community suggest the DSD1 Dwarf Spider as filling both the Emplacement and Creature roll. This isn't any different.

We have 4 emplacement. Don't forget the mortar and Mark II. The devs clearly are using emplacement to cover actual emplacements as well as deployed, teamed weapons.

And sure, the devs could, if they wanted, make the Vulture or the DSD1 a creature Trooper. But why would they, when it doesn't make any sense, thematically speaking?

Droidekas are Ground Vehicles, I think any future stand-alone droids will be also.

13 hours ago, UnitOmega said:

Droidekas are Ground Vehicles, I think any future stand-alone droids will be also.

Yea, how many more things need to be coordinated.

Going with the boring choice here. Eweb for GAR and the dwarf spider droid for CIS. Just seems too right. Funny enough following release order of the GCW they pushed back these release for the STAPs and ATRT. Still support units, but interesting why they went with other options.

As for creature troopers that is the interesting question. GAR I can't really think of them ever using creatures in the Clone Wars? Could be wrong since they have 7 seasons. Makes me think that when they will throw them the Gungan sub faction out. Of course for CIS I really want that crap droid over their sub faction. CIS so far has always been the strange one out of the four factions so giving them a droid creature trooper feels so right.

I have to agree with most of what has been said already;

For Republic I feel that the Gungans would be an obvious creature trooper type. They could be released as a corp trooper and also perhaps a pair of Kaduu as a mounted support option. For heavy/emplacement troopers I imagine that an E-web type weapon would work well. However, the Phase 2 mortar is a heavy weapon vice emplacement, so perhaps the Republic doesn't need a traditional emplacement trooper? Personally I would love to see a Varactyl unit, maybe with different mount options like Clones, Obi-wan, etc.

For CIS, I think that Geonosians would make a clear choice as a corps/creature trooper, with the Arena creatures as support units. I think they had those dog type creatures (don't remember their names) in the arena too, but maybe I'm thinking of the Tusken Raider dog things? I like the idea of the sonic cannons as an emplacement or turret, perhaps the model used in the older Battlefront games? Also definitely support the calls for crab droids, etc for the CIS.

On 8/11/2020 at 9:38 AM, Caimheul1313 said:

I mean, you still can from the Inferno box, just you can't have a heavy in the non-Inferno unit iirc.

You need 4 non-heavies for the non-inferno unit. And you need 1 non-heavy and the 2 characters for the inferno unit. Since you only get 4 non-heavies its not possible to run both units as WYSIWYG. You can run the heavy as a non-heavy but a lot of people dont like having to do that. And the squad is totally useless without a heavy weapon anyway which is the other problem.

FFG really screwed up and shouldve either made the non-inferno squad a 3-man squad with the option to add a heavy or just included an 8th miniature. Considering they left out one of the major characters from inferno squad im inclined to think they shouldve just added the 8th model to the box. Seyn Marana shouldve been in the box.

Edited by Khobai
6 hours ago, Khobai said:

You need 4 non-heavies for the non-inferno unit. And you need 1 non-heavy and the 2 characters for the inferno unit. Since you only get 4 non-heavies its not possible to run both units as WYSIWYG. You can run the heavy as a non-heavy but a lot of people dont like having to do that. And the squad is totally useless without a heavy weapon anyway which is the other problem.

You can build the T-21 guy with a regular blaster.

It should be known that I don't have the Clone Wars core set, but I'll say this anyway.

GAR: the EWHB-12 from Battlefront II.

Hear me out on this action: Rapid Fire: When you conduct an attack that deals 3 or more damage, immediately conduct the attack again at the same target using the same weapon. Limit once per turn.

I would like to see this either as an emplacement trooper or as a detachment from a Clone Gunners operative or special forces unit. Hmm, Clone Gunners ... (hint, hint, a Clone Gunners unit would be neat.)

CIS: I'm not sure. Either a dwarf spider droid or a crab droid emplacement trooper would be cool. I don't have any ideas for a new action for these.

Edited by CT-27-5555

Clone/Twi'leks riding Blurrgs would play like faster dewbacks with two in a unit instead of one.

Homing Spider droids would be powerful, if they could even fit on a stand.