Any idea for creature/emplacement trooper for cw era ?

By ChuiSaoul, in Star Wars: Legion

That's pretty much what I said in the title. Maybe some gungane cavalry and some geonosienne sonic tower ? I would really like some to have some fix arttilert from the GAR, I feel like it would really fit in their gameplay.

Edited by ChuiSaoul

Gungane core and rides for creature be great I might even get in to rep then as now they are the only army I not collecting but as fare creature for seps I I am not got a clue I like it when ppl throw out all the great options.

For the Republic, it'd have to be Gungans, or those Blurrg riders from Ryloth. I can't think of any instance of a clone riding some sort of creature.

For the CIS, I'd love a Nexu. I don't mind if it's the most glass of cannons, I just think it'd be cool to paint. Other than that arena bit in Episode II, you don't really have instances of droids using any kind of creatures either, so it'd have to be from the Geonosians or something else.

Edited by Kirjath08

For the CIS I believe the mini spider driod would work

Plenty of instances of Genosian creatures. 3 just from Episode 2.

**** gungans. lol

2 hours ago, lologrelol said:

**** gungans. lol

That's one weird fantasy there mate, but whatever floats your boat is fine for me... ;)

---

GAR: Gungan Riders / Ryloth Riders / Operative Obi-Wan riding a Boga

CIS: Orray Picadors

The problem with Acklay, Reek, and Nexu (the Geonosian Arena creatures) is that they were not even native to the planet but dragged in there and enslaved for entertainment. Not at all domesticated. I can hardly imagine any of them cooperating with any forces in a coordinated manner.

Edited by Ryfterek

For the Emplacement troopers, I think the Dwarf Spider Droid is a pretty perfect match for the CIS, The Republic have the EWHB-12 which serves a sort of predecessor to the E-Web. They could also do the AV-7 and J-1 at some point however I think they'd be pushing it scale wise and aren't really suitable to this sort of scale of combat. As for the creature troopers I'm not too sure, Gungans on Kaadu do fit the bill, but I'm not too sure how many people will want to bring Gungans along in their Clone army. For this CIS they could always do the creatures from the Genosian arena.

For CIS "creature troooer" could do a crab droid. Those are always fun.

4 hours ago, Ryfterek said:

CIS: Orray Picadors

The problem with Acklay, Reek, and Nexu (the Geonosian Arena creatures) is that they were not even native to the planet but dragged in there and enslaved for entertainment. Not at all domesticated. I can hardly imagine any of them cooperating with any forces in a coordinated manner.

Orray Picadors (base 2)

Equip: Counterpart: Acklay or Reek or Nexu

Picador team: When cohering miniatures after a movement, this unit may engage in melee as if the equipped counterpart were a leader.

Acklay/Reek/Nexu

Feral: At the start of your activation, your opponent performs a speed 1 move with this mini. Then you cohere the rest of the unit as if this mini were the leader.

That could be pretty fun.

The Republic E-web turret is physically different from the imperial model. Or they could go crazy and release the E-web missile launcher.

The CIS Droid turret from Episode 1 is a clear answer. I'd almost like to see two in a unit with no melee options.

25 minutes ago, Qwar said:

Orray Picadors (base 2)

Equip: Counterpart: Acklay or Reek or Nexu

Picador team: When cohering miniatures after a movement, this unit may engage in melee as if the equipped counterpart were a leader.

Acklay/Reek/Nexu

Feral: At the start of your activation, your opponent performs a speed 1 move with this mini. Then you cohere the rest of the unit as if this mini were the leader.

That could be pretty fun.

Sure would be, but given FFG didn't even care to put one more Special Forces Stormtrooper to the Inferno Box so it can field both variations at once, I really, really, like, really doubt they'd put out a box of 4 pretty detailed miniatures, 2 of which sure would have to come on large bases, without pricing it at MSRP close to a core set...

1 hour ago, Ryfterek said:

Sure would be, but given FFG didn't even care to put one more Special Forces Stormtrooper to the Inferno Box so it can field both variations at once, I really, really, like, really doubt they'd put out a box of 4 pretty detailed miniatures, 2 of which sure would have to come on large bases, without pricing it at MSRP close to a core set...

They could simply do one and that's it. Or sell the others as an expansion, or whatever. By the way I'm somewhat surprised that there's such a huge riot regarding this when other than mandalorians there hasn't been a single other box that allows you to field two units. Some people can never be happy as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Qwar
19 minutes ago, Qwar said:

They could simply do one and that's it. Or sell the others as an expansion, or whatever. By the way I'm somewhat surprised that there's such a huge riot regarding this when other than mandalorians there hasn't been a single other box that allows you to field two units. Some people can never be happy as far as I'm concerned.

Both rebel commandos and scout troopers you can field two units out of the box, whether you would choose to is a different matter (as the full units suck). BXs and Arcs you can and and they are quite good options as two units.

Edited by Welshie13

I'd personally like to see the Republic get the E-Web/ EWHB-12 so I can get my Space Maxim lists going with the Republic. I wouldn't mind a few changes, but hope they mostly follow the unit abilities design of the Imperial E-Web. The weapons aren't the same, but they're very similar. As for the CIS, I think the Geonosian sonic cannon would be cool, and be a chance for new abilities and keywords.

30 minutes ago, Qwar said:

That's hilarious. The whole reason some people are upset (a bit more than warranted, I'd say) is that it's been the norm when a unit comes with a smaller "strike team" option to be able to field both units from one box.

6 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

That's hilarious. The whole reason some people are upset (a bit more than warranted, I'd say) is that it's been the norm when a unit comes with a smaller "strike team" option to be able to field both units from one box.

I mean, you still can from the Inferno box, just you can't have a heavy in the non-Inferno unit iirc.

1 minute ago, Caimheul1313 said:

I mean, you still can from the Inferno box, just you can't have a heavy in the non-Inferno unit iirc.

Yes, you can build the T-21 trooper with a regular gun.

Gungans are the best answer for the Republic.

As for the Seps, hear me out on this mounted division...

See the source image

See the source image

13 hours ago, VermillionDe said:

Plenty of instances of Genosian creatures. 3 just from Episode 2.

8 hours ago, Ryfterek said:

The Nexu was featured in Imperial Assault. I think the arena creatures could work. Don't think of it as domesticated and coordinated, but rather captured and pointed at the enemy. Maybe give them a keyword similar to AI that reduces the player's control over them.

In Galactic battlegrounds you also get clones riding Blurggs.

1 hour ago, GooeyChewie said:

The Nexu was featured in Imperial Assault. I think the arena creatures could work. Don't think of it as domesticated and coordinated, but rather captured and pointed at the enemy. Maybe give them a keyword similar to AI that reduces the player's control over them.

In 40k in the Tau army the Kroot had Greater Gnarlocs and Goaders. Goaders were kroot with sticks but they gave you a semblance of control over the creature. If you lost them the creature just reverted to one of its basic instincts, sometimes it attacked the closest creature (which could be good or bad depending) or it just kinda hung out and ate grass. We see Goaders in clone wars with electric prods. You could do something similar and give each animal different instinctive behavior.

Don't forget that the Republic also has the Gelagrub from RoTS.

latest?cb=20050901030530

That said, I figure we will likely see the Gungans at somepoint. Maybe the idea behind them will be that they allow you to bring a detachment like the Shore Troopers and Rebel Veterans but instead of an emplacement trooper bring the option for a Creature Trooper via a Kaadu Rider. Blurgs might be a fairly likely choice for the Republic as a standard Creature Trooper though if they plan to do a Scum faction they might save that for them or have a AT-RT situation of both factions using them.

As for the CIS I figure the Orray will be used, be it via a droid rider from Galactic Battlegrounds or as a Geonosian rider, maybe they will be nice and give you the option to build it either way for the model. It could serve as a Detachment type unit same as the Gungans, though I think having a Geonosian worker unit that brings a detachment of warriors that can fly around would be more interesting. Or, as some have suggested they introduce beasts/feral units, they could even just make it a new unit type Feral Creature, that unless there is a unit with a certain keyword near it when it would activate it would attack the closest unit or even flee if it has taken enough damage. That would let them include the trio from the arena down the line and would also open the design space for if we get a Scum faction to handle Rancors.

I am hoping for a geonosis core unit. And there is definitely Geonosis emplacement cannons.

Z

9 hours ago, AldousSnow said:

The CIS Droid turret from Episode 1 is a clear answer. I'd almost like to see two in a unit with no melee options.

Can yo provide a link to a wookieepedia page or something?