"Hello There!" - Unveiling It's A Trap!, STL Armada players launch an Armada blog

By LMarty8, in Star Wars: Armada

"Hello There!" - Unveiling It's A Trap!

With the Clone Wars expansions being revealed we, a group of St. Louis Armada/gaming fanatics are excited to launch It's A Trap! , a blog focusing on all things Star Wars Armada.

Whether it's new release discussion, list reviews, alternative formats, campaign & battle reports or just jank chat, we're excited to document it and share it with you.

https://itsatraparmada.blogspot.com/?fbclid=IwAR04IZIIfDt2XHFzVKnxGkE3B7BAm84qnGgIvcBWHAP2zqNTbrkPgPzvCZU

I made the first comment on a brand new blog!

13 hours ago, LMarty8 said:
"Hello There!" - Unveiling It's A Trap!

With the Clone Wars expansions being revealed we, a group of St. Louis Armada/gaming fanatics are excited to launch It's A Trap! , a blog focusing on all things Star Wars Armada.

Whether it's new release discussion, list reviews, alternative formats, campaign & battle reports or just jank chat, we're excited to document it and share it with you.

https://itsatraparmada.blogspot.com/?fbclid=IwAR04IZIIfDt2XHFzVKnxGkE3B7BAm84qnGgIvcBWHAP2zqNTbrkPgPzvCZU

Looked at your Armada Resources Links:

tT2bD3Q.jpg

I wouldn't be sad, but you got CGYSO in there.

(Gonna spread your blog around! Keep up the good work!)

Edited by BiggsIRL
1 hour ago, Bertie Wooster said:

I made the first comment on a brand new blog!

Thanks, Bertie; appreciate that!

53 minutes ago, BiggsIRL said:

Looked at your Armada Resources Links:

tT2bD3Q.jpg

I wouldn't be sad, but you got CGYSO in there.

(Gonna spread your blog around! Keep up the good work!)

lol, thank you, Steel Command! Mind if we take that as permission to link to y'all as well? ;)

Man, why isn’t this in the off topic sub forum? Sheesh!

And why the **** do I have to click a link in a post to get to the content?

10 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

And why the **** do I have to click a link in a post to get to the content?

So, we're new at this and fully aware that the website is 'rusty' at the moment. We've definitely found ourselves prioritizing Armada content/writing, rather than the website itself.

Know, that we're working on it and excited to overcome some of those early challenges!

There are several new articles up on It's A Trap, including this debate over whether or not ECM is an essential add to your fleet in the current meta. It's the first of many debate articles we'll be calling "From A Certain Point of View." We're also still messing with the text colors and boxes, but added a useful little menu drop-down to find what you're looking for! More content and changes coming as we try and bolster this new endeavor.

https://itsatraparmada.blogspot.com/p/from-certain-point-of-view-is-ecm.html?m=1

I would recommend breaking out your acronyms to help newer readers/players.

1 hour ago, Formynder4 said:

I would recommend breaking out your acronyms to help newer readers/players.

Good call; thank you!

For the love of god, please do another color and font scheme. Else, I love it.

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

For the love of god, please do another color and font scheme. Else, I love it.

I promise that we're working on it. Glad you like it otherwise! In the meantime, keep checking back, and when you don't have to avert your eyes, we hope you'll stick around 😉

Seriously, we've tried 3 different schemes as of when we launched just last week or so, and we still haven't gotten it. But I promise that we'll keep trying until it doesn't burn out retinas!

I'm in favour of all things Armada, but aargh my eyes! Genuinely having issues reading that :(

New color scheme, per requests. Special thanks to the one or two folks who made specific suggestions that we think helped us get to a place that we hope works for everyone!

Soooooo much better

The one for all seems a fun tourney setup

5 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

T he one for all seems a fun tourney setup

Haven't played with it as much as we'd like just yet, but we've definitely enjoyed what we have played. It's giving us reasons to play beyond testing ideas, since there's no OP to aim for at the moment (beyond LVO, which I think we're unlikely to make).

Thanks, Formynder!

On 8/14/2020 at 1:27 PM, Formynder4 said:

@Irate Pooka I also recommend, when sharing links to your posts, that you make sure you share the non-mobile link.

https://itsatraparmada.blogspot.com/p/from-certain-point-of-view-is-ecm.html

It works much more nicely on computers.

It's difficult to remember to do! Especially when you're setting a post for some time in the future and then you are sharing it while at work / out and about.

I know I do that a lot. I think **some** browsers will fix it for you, much like most mobile browsers will fix it the other direction... but not everyone's will.

There are several new pieces up on the St. Louis Armada site, It's A Trap!

Hope y'all find some useful stuff here!

The font is pretty unreadable... why have you decided to use a font that is not usable on a screen?!?

I have to copy and paste the text into notepad to read it properly, should not be needed to do that!!!

2 hours ago, jorgen_cab said:

The font is pretty unreadable... why have you decided to use a font that is not usable on a screen?!?

I have to copy and paste the text into notepad to read it properly, should not be needed to do that!!!

Sorry to hear that's been your experience, jorgen; we've messed with it a bunch of times and this is the only format with which we've had more success than the rest. Sorry you're unable to read it!

Good morning, y'all!

We've got some new content posted over at It's A Trap:

Hope you find something in there you enjoy, and have a great Sunday!

Quick shout out to my two opponents the other day. Each game was a blast!