Encounters in the Streets

By Diablos2, in Reference Materials

Hey Guys,

Pretty new to the game but enjoying what I have played it so far but would like clarification on something I just don;t seem to be able to find in the rule book.

If you end your movement in the streets what happens in the encounter phase?

Apologies ina dvance if this seems a stupid question but I really have looked through the rule book high and low.

Nothing happens, that's all ! happy.gif

Right ok, thanks for confirming, I thought this as the case but some other wordings seem to suggest something was going on that I was missing, maybe that was an expansion card or an activity effect.

Well depends on the circumstances. If there is a monster in the Sky space then investigators that end their move in the streets comes down to start a fight.

burnside986 said:

Well depends on the circumstances. If there is a monster in the Sky space then investigators that end their move in the streets comes down to start a fight.

Only if it moves in the mythos phase. And fighting monsters happens in the movement phase. There are some mythos cards, rumors especially, that allow you or require you to do stuff in a specific street area during the encounter.

Veet said:

burnside986 said:

Only if it moves in the mythos phase. And fighting monsters happens in the movement phase. There are some mythos cards, rumors especially, that allow you or require you to do stuff in a specific street area during the encounter.

Erm, don't you have to fight a monster that moves to your location during the Mythos phase immediately ?

volckaert.jelle said:

Erm, don't you have to fight a monster that moves to your location during the Mythos phase immediately ?

No. Monsters on the board you only interact with during the Movement Phase and those you get from encounters (AH or OW), right there and then.

Dam said:

volckaert.jelle said:

No. Monsters on the board you only interact with during the Movement Phase and those you get from encounters (AH or OW), right there and then.

Thanks for the clarification Dam.

If you want to have encounter in the street, you should get the Dark Pharaoh revised edition expansion.

Investigator ending his turn on a street with the ancient whisper marker get an exhibit encounter which i find quite fun and rewarding.

It's also give you more incentive to stay in the street and fight the flying monster.