What's coming next? (Huge Ship Edition)

By FTS Gecko, in X-Wing Epic Play

On 9/1/2020 at 8:23 PM, Realmtrekker said:

The Consular-Class Republic Cruiser and the Civilian version of the Gozanti Freighter can create a nice pair for a Republic or early Rebels Epic Fleet.

I know there are already 2 Gozantis in the family... but there is room for the older sibling.

My Old Republic Epic Ships.jpg

do you have stats the consular

i'm making my own

and i'm blanking on stats

Sorry @player3770772 , I do not have stats for the Consular. I did found a V1.0 fan made Card for the Freighter. It can be a starting point for that one

e3ccae00c1833260919b1b560f46c160.jpg.b1c620f7771ebcec09259a4b9621cd81.jpg

What is the status of a 2.0 Imperial Raider? Looked like it was coming for a time, and then seems to have disappeared. Is there hope, or is 1.0 and conversion the only way to go?

On 9/7/2020 at 5:55 PM, Brightguy said:

What is the status of a 2.0 Imperial Raider? Looked like it was coming for a time, and then seems to have disappeared. Is there hope, or is 1.0 and conversion the only way to go?

They put the re-release on hold as their was too much stock of the 1e version still available. That was some time ago now though and they haven't said anything since then. In the mean time you could probably get enough of a deal on an 1e and a conversation that you'd be just as well off. But otherwise yes there's hope. Rebellions are built on hope 😜

Edited by ForceSensitive
Spelling of my gawd my auto type hates me kill me now.

And there you have it. 1.0 Raider and Conversion Kit en route. Which means I guess I have an effective discount on other huge ships if I want to pick them up. My daughter was super jealous of my Tantive so not really a way to get around that.

I guess i am lucky i got my raider, for 60 bucks..

That's a good deal. I got lucky and picked up my second conversion kit on the cheap. I got lucky with half off a second 1e GR-75 and then got super lucky when I purchased a lot from a local guy. He sent me a picture inventory of his 1e collection and I priced it out for him and made him an offer on a little over half original MSRP with a breakdown since it had some rarities in it, was like 150 or something all together. Then when he showed up he was like 'hey I forgot this box, I'll just throw it in on top for you' and it had like half a dozen extra ships and a Gozanti. I offered extra, but he insisted the agreed price was fine! Score! 😁

Except now I have 'Wattos Junkyard' of extra common ships I haven't been able to pawn off after all the lots I bought. πŸ˜… The more epic gets pushed, the more likely I'll be to get these things moving, either on to a table, or out the door!

I keep coming back to look at that YV-865 Freighter. I'm not a scum player particularly but man, that just looks so good for the scum faction. The lines and colors are like so many other things in the faction so it's for this really strong identity thing going for it. Next to its Sister YV-666 it's for such strong visuals. I'd be tempted to start a spice cartel πŸ˜‚

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/YV-865_Aurore-class_freighter

I'm torn now between that and some other scum candidates. Like I'd really like a distinctly Hutt looking ship if they could. But the YV might be a ton easier to create a model for.

So I think I'm going on the board with next cycle as:

Republic: Consular Class

Seperatist: still not a @#$& clue lol

Scum: Aurore Class

separatists could do hardcells or trident class

I'm not a very big fan of either of those I'm afraid. The Hardcell is the better candidate of the two by far though if it had to be between the two. It at least has a decent model profile that would fit on the two stands of an epic base. The trident though, hmmmm, nah.

I kinda want FFG to get to make another original design for them. I always loved the design of the C-9979 landing craft, it would be sweet to get a Corvette-carrier sized ship that was designed in that style. Something that shrunk and reoriented the twin forks to be swept forward and aft and allowed to land droids on. Something that in lore could have been a ground deployable mini air base for the Droid fighters in theaters where the larger capital ships were needed elsewhere or used as a picket carrier that led to the Droid docking station as a replacement.

I still agree that new designs are needed to cover all factions. The C-9979 landing craft is cool and a smaller version sounds great. The Aurore Class would certainly fit nicely besides the C-ROC.

The Diamond-Class with it's 120 metres does fit nicely! Good call.

How's about imperial customs corvettes...

I'd be down for that diamond thing, the length is right, look is unique yet works for the faction. but holy tauntauns is that thing tall. It is considered to be a full cruiser after all. So maybe it doesn't fit either πŸ˜• .

6 hours ago, ForceSensitive said:

I'd be down for that diamond thing, the length is right, look is unique yet works for the faction. but holy tauntauns is that thing tall. It is considered to be a full cruiser after all. So maybe it doesn't fit either πŸ˜• .

Tall Ship, Tall Ship, Tall Ship, Tall Ship, Tall Ship, Tall Ship, Tall Ship, Tall Ship, Tall Ship.

On 9/22/2020 at 4:05 PM, ForceSensitive said:

There is no up in the space. Just put it rotated 90ΒΊ.

There are very few options for fighter Carrier, yet I like them. With fighters able to jump in hyperspace, carriers are not mandatory unless you need to bring TIE's I guess. but still, at least to recover damaged fighters and bring them back home, it would be smart to have one show up towards the end of a mission.

The Wayfarer is a good huge ship candidate and could be used by the Scum's and the Rebels. It was meant to have a modular cargo just like the amazing Thunderbird 2 and therefore, the imagination is the only limit to what this thing can do. If I had one, I would turn it into a Fighter transport like the CR90 carrier concept.

1023140794_WayfarerFighterCarrier.thumb.jpg.91df2000d410e9ede2084ca2035b26f1.jpg

Edited by Realmtrekker

I think that Star Wars: Squadrons could be a potential win for epic. The heavy use of capital ships in the game modes, especially featuring the Raider and CR90, could really allow for us to see some more epic related cards. My ideal scenario is a large Squadrons themed pack, think Guardians of the Republic style, for each the Empire and Rebels/New Republic that features Titan and Vanguard squadron pilots and ships from the game. These packs allow for a large number of cards, so why not include new epic related cards? It won't affect non-epic players but it would provide the opportunity for some great new material. This could include titles for CR90, Gozanti, GR-75, and Raider, hardpoint and other ship upgrades, new quickbuild loadouts, new Squadrons themed wings, new remotes, and epic only upgrades for fighters.

Thanks to the Mandalorian, a new Gozanti sculpt. Maybe also an Arquitens?

On 12/2/2020 at 9:36 AM, BenderIsGreat said:

Thanks to the Mandalorian, a new Gozanti sculpt. Maybe also an Arquitens?

While the model would be cool, the Arquitens class is over 2x the length of a Raider or CR-90. I'd say thats well outside the size scope of Epic short of them making Super Huge ships. 200m is probably the limit as far as canon length is concerned

Hardcell/Consular. Armada just got them. That's my running guess still.

On 12/8/2020 at 9:09 AM, ForceSensitive said:

Hardcell/Consular. Armada just got them. That's my running guess still.

I would Agree I know that the consular fits the role pretty well, I Dont know a lot about the hardcell but given it entered armada it seems like a prime role.

The CSS-1 seems a shoe in for the Republic. Fits nicely into that GR-75 / Gozanti role.

StarShuttle-TPM.png

Plus, it's technically been in the game since day one...