Andor vs Vader

By jimmyrut, in Battle Reports

Hey thanks for posting! Enjoyed the style and the write up that you gave. During deployment I noticed a mortar off by itself with its matching shore trooper unit much farther than a speed one move away. Important to note that detachment means it has to be placed within speed one of the main unit (in this case shores). Also keep in mind Vader's relentless attack! Helps a lot with that slow speed that always seems to keep him out of the fight. Saber throw will work with that so its always a good idea with commander Vader since he doesn't have a native ranged attack. Overall good report and keep the content coming!

You definitely want saber throw on Vader. Saber Throw, Force Reflexes, and Force Push are usually stapled to him.

For command cards I generally use Vader's Might (1), Fear and Dead Men (2), and Master of Evil (3) and/or Darkness Descends (3).

Why dont I use Implacable (1)?... because it does damage to Vader and he needs all his wounds. Vader's Might has a similar effect to giving you an extra move and a weak attack but without Vader having to suffer 1 damage. Vader's Might also increases Vader's initial melee threat range from 10" to 12".

Thats the Vader setup thats worked the best for me.