PBP campaign recruitment- SWTOR Era campaign against the Eternal Empire

By Von3679, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

I just need to sort the equipment, I have the backstory on paper, just not on the swsheets.

13 hours ago, Von3679 said:

How’sit going? :)

Is this game still a go, with your classes resuming? I have a stable full of characters to pick from, with minimal changes to suit the campaign, if it is.

Yep, i do rlly wanna give a go for this. But the pace will be much slower than normal, maybe 1-2 posts per week.

To make it more attractive, i’ll implement this rule where if you post in IC at least once per week, you’ll get 5XP to spend on sunday :)

I'm still working out equipment and a couple of background issues, but I should be there shortly.

Making a Precission Hilt, attempt 1.

Mechanics check - crafting precission hilt : 2eA+2eD 1 failure, 1 advantage
a-s.png a-s-a.png d-f.png d-f-f.png

Down 150 credits. Going for attempt 2.

Mechanics check - crafting precission hilt : 2eA+2eD 2 failures, 1 advantage
a-a.png a-s.png d-f.png d-f-f.png

Down another 75 credits, 225 total. Attempt 3.

Mechanics check - crafting precission hilt : 2eA+2eD 2 failures, 1 advantage
a-a.png a-s.png d-f.png d-f-f.png

In for 300 credits, breaking down an obviously flawed hilt, again. Attempt 4.

Mechanics check - crafting precission hilt : 2eA+2eD 0 successes, 1 threat
a-a.png a--.png d-th-th.png d--.png

Now down 375 credits. Loving this crafting system (combined with choice not to increase Mechanics too much, of course, let's stay honest here 😉 ). Attempt 5.

Mechanics check - crafting precission hilt : 2eA+2eD 1 success
a-s-s.png a-a.png d--.png d-f-th.png

450 credits. But finally a succesfully crafted Precission Hilt.

Crafting done for now. Now, @Von3679 , how do we deal with stuff such as lightsaber crystals?

Edited by Xcapobl

@Xcapobl , didja reduce the subsequent saber craftings by half credits? Its in the crafting rules, ya can “reuse” the materials from the failed one, so the cost for the next one is reduced by half.

for saber crystals, tell me what your looking at and i’ll see whether its fine for starting with.

2 hours ago, Von3679 said:

@Xcapobl , didja reduce the subsequent saber craftings by half credits? Its in the crafting rules, ya can “reuse” the materials from the failed one, so the cost for the next one is reduced by half.

Nope. Couldn't find that on the site about crafing the hilts. Edited the credits cost above, assuming you don't halve a half again.

2 hours ago, Von3679 said:

for saber crystals, tell me what your looking at and i’ll see whether its fine for starting with.

Ilum (FaD 197). Narratively just a synthetic Sith copy, making the blade red. Nothing special, but quite expensive nonetheless, starting unmodded at 9000 credits.

Yeah you don’t halve a half again.

ilumn is fine :) , all sith and jedi can take it for free.

would the Ilum crystal be in lieu of the 9K credits for Knight Level play? Or in addition to?

hmm... didn't know about the half-credit refund on failure. That might change somethings on my build.

As for our secondary mechanic, do we select a magnitude for that as well? Or keep it 0 for duty and 10 for obligation?

Other than that, I am done .

12 hours ago, kaosoe said:

would the Ilum crystal be in lieu of the 9K credits for Knight Level play? Or in addition to?

hmm... didn't know about the half-credit refund on failure. That might change somethings on my build.

As for our secondary mechanic, do we select a magnitude for that as well? Or keep it 0 for duty and 10 for obligation?

Other than that, I am done .

The crystal can be in addition to. Though if yall feel like it’ll be unfair for the non force users, do tell me!

For the secondary mechanic, it’ll have the starting value for 6 players. For Morality it’ll just start at 50. (Basically the starting values as if it was taken alone)

On 6/10/2020 at 7:17 PM, Von3679 said:

The crystal can be in addition to. Though if yall feel like it’ll be unfair for the non force users, do tell me!

That's up for the muggles to decide. There are plenty of nasty things they can get with that sort of credits that far outshines a standard LS, I think.

Now with all that being said, I made some additional adjustments to my sheet and all that is left is to spend the remaining credits.

I would like to craft some potions and Talismans since my character has a talent that grants me a benefit when doing so.

Is that going to be a problem? If not, is there anything that's off limits? I can do my rolls through Orokos if you would like.

On 5/20/2020 at 2:56 PM, AlonzoMuncyRPG said:

I'm going to have to build a character, but I'd like to jump in with a Corellian Jedi on the hunt for his missing daughter.

On 5/22/2020 at 11:10 AM, AlonzoMuncyRPG said:

Soon as I get permission to post at the least.

On 5/28/2020 at 8:00 PM, AlonzoMuncyRPG said:

It's been a week and I still cant post.

@Von3679 , bumping this. It was approved yesterday, two weeks late. The mods really need to up their game.

@Von3679 , if I take the agents bag, what attachments/attachments value can I take?

7 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@Von3679 , bumping this. It was approved yesterday, two weeks late. The mods really need to up their game.

Thanks!

@AlonzoMuncyRPG welcome! :)

7 hours ago, kaosoe said:

I would like to craft some potions and Talismans since my character has a talent that grants me a benefit when doing so.

Is that going to be a problem? If not, is there anything that's off limits? I can do my rolls through Orokos if you would like.

Yes please, do your rolls on Orokos. And you can craft one as long as it comes from the remaining credits you have.

Oh yay I can actually post. I'll probably be creating my character sheet this weekend. I think I've got a pretty cool character.

3 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Von3679 , if I take the agents bag, what attachments/attachments value can I take?

Hmmm. Do you have anyth specific in mind? I’d like to give yall more freedom and be able to select instead of me choosing for yall

@Von3679 , nothing specific, I guess it would depend on the price limit etc.

Here's the result of my crafting.

500 Cr, 2x Amulet of Power (suffering 2 strain to add + 1 LS FP for the Clever Construction effect)
(Spend the threat and/or dsp as needed)
Cafting Amulet of Power (1) : 2eA+1eP+3eD+2eF 2 successes, 2 threat, 2 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
a-s.png a-a.png p-s-s.png d-f-th.png d-th.png d-th.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png

500 Cr, 2x Amulet of Power (using 3 LSP for clever construction)
(Spend the threat)
Cafting Amulet of Power (2) : 2eA+1eP+3eD+2eF 2 successes, 2 threat, 3 Light Side
a-s-a.png a-s.png p-s-a.png d-th-th.png d-f-th.png d-th.png f-ls-ls.png f-ls.png

For the heck of it, I tried to craft a Water of Life potion. I got the results I expected. If possible, I'd like to use that 2 LSP for the Careful Measuring effect to get 50% of the materials refunded
Water of life (for the lulz : 2eA+1eP+4eD+2eF 2 failures, 1 advantage, 2 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
a-s-a.png a-a-a.png p-a.png d-th.png d-th.png d-f-th.png d-f-f.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png

First attempt at healing potion. Again, if possible I would like to use 2 of those 3 advantages for the careful measuring, but not a big deal if not.
Healing Potion : 2eA+1eP+2eD+2eF 3 advantage, 2 Dark Side
a-s-a.png a-a-a.png p-a.png d--.png d-f-th.png f-ds.png f-ds.png

Healing potion. Second go. I spend the one LSP for the reviving effect to heal 2 strain upon consumption.
Healing Potion, second try : 2eA+1eP+2eD+2eF 2 successes, 1 threat, 1 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
a--.png a-s.png p-s-a.png d-th.png d-th.png f-ls.png f-ds.png

Some Lightsaber crystal modification:

Ilum Crystal Modifications
Attempt 1: reduce crit rating by 1. Spending 2 LSP for 2 successes.
Mod Ilum, -1 Crit : 3eA+1eD+2eF 1 failure, 3 advantage, 2 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
a-a.png a-s-a.png a-a.png d-f-f.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png

Attempt 2: increase vicious rating by 1.
Mod Ilum, +1 Vicious : 3eA+2eD+2eF 1 success, 2 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
a-s.png a-a.png a-s-s.png d-f.png d-f-th.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds-ds.png

Attempt 3: increase vicious rating by 1.
Mod Ilum, +1 Vicious (second) : 3eA+3eD+2eF 1 success, 1 advantage, 1 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
a-s.png a-a.png a-a-a.png d-th.png d--.png d-th.png f-ds.png f-ls.png

Attempt 4: tried to press my luck for increase damage. No dice
Mod Ilum, +1 Damage : 3eA+4eD+2eF 2 failures, 2 threat, 1 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
a--.png a-a-a.png a--.png d-th.png d-f-th.png d-th.png d-f-th.png f-ls.png f-ds.png

On 6/14/2020 at 8:50 PM, kaosoe said:

Here's the result of my crafting.

500 Cr, 2x Amulet of Power (suffering 2 strain to add + 1 LS FP for the Clever Construction effect)
(Spend the threat and/or dsp as needed)
Cafting Amulet of Power (1) : 2eA+1eP+3eD+2eF 2 successes, 2 threat, 2 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
a-s.png a-a.png p-s-s.png d-f-th.png d-th.png d-th.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png

500 Cr, 2x Amulet of Power (using 3 LSP for clever construction)
(Spend the threat)
Cafting Amulet of Power (2) : 2eA+1eP+3eD+2eF 2 successes, 2 threat, 3 Light Side
a-s-a.png a-s.png p-s-a.png d-th-th.png d-f-th.png d-th.png f-ls-ls.png f-ls.png

For the heck of it, I tried to craft a Water of Life potion. I got the results I expected. If possible, I'd like to use that 2 LSP for the Careful Measuring effect to get 50% of the materials refunded
Water of life (for the lulz : 2eA+1eP+4eD+2eF 2 failures, 1 advantage, 2 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
a-s-a.png a-a-a.png p-a.png d-th.png d-th.png d-f-th.png d-f-f.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png

First attempt at healing potion. Again, if possible I would like to use 2 of those 3 advantages for the careful measuring, but not a big deal if not.
Healing Potion : 2eA+1eP+2eD+2eF 3 advantage, 2 Dark Side
a-s-a.png a-a-a.png p-a.png d--.png d-f-th.png f-ds.png f-ds.png

Healing potion. Second go. I spend the one LSP for the reviving effect to heal 2 strain upon consumption.
Healing Potion, second try : 2eA+1eP+2eD+2eF 2 successes, 1 threat, 1 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
a--.png a-s.png p-s-a.png d-th.png d-th.png f-ls.png f-ds.png

Gotta find the threats advantage chart for this and the ds pip “consequences”... give me a bit and i’ll get back to ya :)

On 6/14/2020 at 7:54 AM, Rabobankrider said:

@Von3679 , nothing specific, I guess it would depend on the price limit etc.

Hmmm... is 500 credits ok? Other players yall can input your opinions too :) or would you prefer a lower credit limit at 300?

That's fine with me, if you want I can go with 200 credits, as that is what the item cost.

On 6/17/2020 at 8:23 AM, Rabobankrider said:

That's fine with me, if you want I can go with 200 credits, as that is what the item cost.

Sure :)

I got let go from my contract at work. I don't have the bandwidth for this game right now. I'm sorry.