PBP campaign recruitment- SWTOR Era campaign against the Eternal Empire

By Von3679, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

I think I've narrowed mine diwn to a Neimoidian CIS agent with sleeper agent as my primary spec, but I don't know whether to go down he route of more of an operstive (either agitator or analyst for my secondary), or something from military intelligence (taking tactician or instructor)

Have you all looked at that Old Republic source book someone put out on the other forums? What about using it?

4 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

I think I've narrowed mine diwn to a Neimoidian CIS agent with sleeper agent as my primary spec, but I don't know whether to go down he route of more of an operstive (either agitator or analyst for my secondary), or something from military intelligence (taking tactician or instructor)

I'm not too familiar with the current Old Republic setting: which group is CIS? When I hear that my mind goes to the Clone Wars.

11 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Thats up to ya :) maybe the first path he’s more of an active field agent, while the second maybe he’s more of a strategist/tactical advisor or a instructor in the academy?

9 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

Have you all looked at that Old Republic source book someone put out on the other forums? What about using it?

Yup, i did see it. Just that i’m currently not using the specs inside as i’m not sure if their done and how they will power scale against the current in game specs.

9 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

I'm not too familiar with the current Old Republic setting: which group is CIS? When I hear that my mind goes to the Clone Wars.

I think @Rabobankrider is referring to the Imperial Intelligence, maybe typed wrongly? I’m not sure what CIS is in the swtor era too 😅 i don’t rmb it from the game

Sorry, I meant SIS, republic strategic information service

1 hour ago, Rabobankrider said:

Sorry, I meant SIS, republic strategic information service

Ah. Just read the wookieepedia. Cool idea.

I'm going to have to build a character, but I'd like to jump in with a Corellian Jedi on the hunt for his missing daughter.

Ok, I think that I'm going to settle on an analyst with the sleeper agent.

Ah ok sure! :)

so we hv a jedi, a sith, a mando warrior and a republic intel agent atm! :)

I’ll officially toss my hat in the ring.

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

I’ll officially toss my hat in the ring.

Glad to have you! :D

We officially have 6PCs! :)

welcome @AlonzoMuncyRPG To the club! :)

Soon as I get permission to post at the least.

On 5/18/2020 at 10:14 AM, Von3679 said:

If a Jedi/Sith wishes to start with the Padawan spec, the next spec will be considered “in-career” (For eg, if i start with padawan, I can buy the shien expert spec as my 2nd spec for 20xp, and now all Sentinel specs will be “in-career”. So if I want to buy the Shadow spec as a 3rd spec, I would only spend 30xp, but if I wanted to buy the Armourer spec instead, I would have to spend 40xp)

I'm confused by this part.

Do you get the spec in addition to your starting career/spec? For your example above, would shien actually be the 3rd spec? If not, then I would be confused why it would be free when you can just start in the Jedi career.

I'm wanting to make a reformed Sith. So I will give her the Mystic career and the Alchemist spec to represent her past. But I would like to give her the Padawan spec to represent her reformation. would I spend 0XP, 20XP, or 30XP for Padawan?

Second question: The lightsaber crafting rules. Is there a credit limit? My character probably won't be much of a saber monkey, but A double-bladed or a saber pike could be fun.

2 minutes ago, kaosoe said:

Do you get the spec in addition to your starting career/spec? For your example above, would shien actually be the 3rd spec? If not, then I would be confused why it would be free when you can just start in the Jedi career.

I'm wanting to make a reformed Sith. So I will give her the Mystic career and the Alchemist spec to represent her past. But I would like to give her the Padawan spec to represent her reformation. would I spend 0XP, 20XP, or 30XP for Padawan?

You wouldn't be starting with Padawan, so you'd start with Alchemist and get Padawan for free, as per rule #2.

I think the rule was actually miswritten. I believe it should say Jedi career, not Padawan spec. Padawan was just the example in that case, I believe.

(I feel comfortable to speak on this matter since I helped him set up the rules in the first place, this one in particular. Also time zone-management for your convenience)

17 hours ago, kaosoe said:

Yes the alchemist spec will come first, then the Padawan spec for free.

Sorry I realised I was not clear in the rules! I think I’ll make a char starting with a Jedi career(aka Padawan spec) have an extra 20xp too since they are not able the free specialization, but only if they do not plan to take the Knight spec for free after gaining Force rating +1 from the starting Padawan spec. How does that sound?

17 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

You wouldn't be starting with Padawan, so you'd start with Alchemist and get Padawan for free, as per rule #2.

I think the rule was actually miswritten. I believe it should say Jedi career, not Padawan spec. Padawan was just the example in that case, I believe.

(I feel comfortable to speak on this matter since I helped him set up the rules in the first place, this one in particular. Also time zone-management for your convenience)

Thanks for the help! :)

Crunch is done on my Mystic Alchemist/Padawan Dahlia Loom . I will work on the fluff tomorrow

Morality choice: 50 for +5xp +1000cr.

I failed the mechanics check for the LS pike twice so spent a total of 450 cr making the Lightsaber. I dropped a Thontin crystal in it and I spent the 2 adv (1 adv on the die + 1 from the LS maintenance kit) to give it the disguised feature. It looks like a walking staff made of salvaged parts (like a more wizardy version of Rey's staff).

I plan on working on the fluff over the next day or two. I believe I got the math right. Feel free to check my work.

Edit: Also I still need to work on Secondary mechanic, background, and Motivation.

Edited by kaosoe

Will check on it soon! :) sch’s resuming nxt wk 😧

It's been a week and I still cant post.

How’sit going? :)