Marvel Champions AMA

By FFGEvan, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

Is there a chance you might consider putting a second Gamma Slam (She-Hulk) as an insert in an upcoming product so that if someone wants 2 for a deck they don't need to own 2 core sets and can instead buy the new product with included insert (such as Red Skull expansion)?

Can you please give us a hint on how you'll handle heroes with similar power sets (if they eventually get made). For example Scarlet Spider (Spider-man), War Machine (Iron Man), etc.

Could we see replacement identity cards? A couple key replacement signature cards?

Also, any chance for Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly) to be made as a hero?

Thanks!

Edited by Clonedpoop
One more question.

1. Will you release a new printed rulebook with all changes and clarifications up til that point?

2. Some heroes feel alot weaker than others. Their signature cards should be something you really want to do, but some heroes signature cards dont stand out as good at all. Comparing to black widow and dr. strange where every card is almost tipped to the other side - overpowered. Will you buff older heroes or nerf the newer ones, so that I as a player don't always think "to win, I can't play with these 6 heroes, but have to choose between these 4 instead", especially with heroic 1 and heroic 2.

3. Some aspects lack enough versatility and thwart potential, for example, after playing over 100 games in heroic 1, and over 30 games in heroic 2, I can safely say that me and my friend HAVE to pick leadership and justice, to have a shot at the win at all. Will you give more flexibility cards to defence/agression that can handle the higher difficulty with heroic?
At the moment, the game is made to be able to beat with all aspects/heroes/encounters on expert, but in heroic 2, you always want to have these aspects: Leadership > Justice > Agression > Defence

1. Can we get better clarifications on cards with "you" and going forward can we move away from that language in cards to something more specific?

2. Loki is a real detriment to Thor's playability especially when playing at higher difficulties. Is there any consideration to changing Loki's forced interrupt to limit once per round?

As a child growing up, which super hero did you pretend to be and why? Who would you do battle against in those childhood games? Now, as an adult, do you still dress up in a cape made from a blanket and run around the house pretending to be a super hero? Has your choice of hero changed as you've grown up?

Thank,

Critical Encounters Podcast

Are there any plans for Spider-Man related heroes like Miles Morales, Gwen Stacy, or Miguel O’Hara? They all have spider powers that could play very differently.

With Black Widow and Dr. Strange already being released outside the US, and from what we've heard Hulk being released outside the US soon, will these still be stuck in a one per month schedule in the US? Or will we be getting them sooner since they're obviously already printed and ready to go?

And just for fun, if you could have a beer/drink with anyone from the marvel universe, who would it be and why?

With a decent number of characters who have been both heroes and villains over the course of their existence, is there a chance we will see some of them on both sides of the game (either as actual heroes and villains, or allies and minions)?

Edited by CoolHarry

will we ever see repeat heroes?

On 4/30/2020 at 9:53 PM, maniakmedic said:

How many heroes are currently in development or just waiting to be released (beyond the Red Skull box)?

How are you choosing the groups of heroes you are going to work on for each "cycle"?

I am so glad I asked those questions!

Thanks Evan and Michael. Appreciate the time and effort to do this for the community! Stay safe!

1 hour ago, maniakmedic said:

I am so glad I asked those questions!

+1 on that! Now, I don't want to second guess too many of Boggs' direct answers, but if we combine the knowledge that they have about 2 years worth of heroes designed right now with his stated wish to design X-Men characters, it seems to me that there is nothing from that universe in the pipeline already, pushing any eventuality of it rather far down the line. That seems to apply to Fantastic Four as well. I'm not complaining, I have no stakes in this. 😛 Just observing what this would entail, at least on face value.

Edit: I know he could lie so as to not spoil anything, but his answers seemed so genuine, it didn't feel like he was avoiding spoiling anything. That's my takeaway at least.

Edit 2: I wrote this before watching the final minutes of the stream, and to me Bogg's more generic and evasive answer about Kingpin and Daredevil stands in stark contrast here -- they make me think they are in the pipeline already.

Edit 3: Yeah in the end I guess that am second guessing alot here. 😛

Edited by Ascarel

I'd expect him to just not answer rather than deliberately lie to avoid spoilers.

49 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

I'd expect him to just not answer rather than deliberately lie to avoid spoilers.

Given that he begged off answering a few questions, I agree.

2 hours ago, maniakmedic said:

Given that he begged off answering a few questions, I agree.

Evan (wisely) didn’t touch the silhouettes with a 10ft pole 🙂

One thing, Michael’s early answer about reading comics relating to researching characters does mean that, in every instance where he indicated he didn’t know a lot about character X, he’s probably not the designer if that character is in the pipeline.

On 5/6/2020 at 10:43 AM, Skyl1ght said:

My question is related to the Risky Business scenario:

I think it's generally considered to be a very easy scenario mainly due to the fact that there is no pressure on the Norman side and there is not a lot of cards punishing you for piling up counters on Criminal Enterprise. Mad Genius is not really a big problem.

Apart from Heroic Mode (which is fine but not solving the mentioned issues) what would in retrospective design differntly about this scenario or what card would you change to make it more challenging?

Did I miss it or was my question not asked?

7 hours ago, Skyl1ght said:

Did I miss it or was my question not asked?

I did not hear that one asked.

Does anyone know if someone's going to unpin this or something eventually? It's kind of annoying having this on top of the topic list all of the time. Plus no one ever talks on here anymore.