Marvel Champions AMA

By FFGEvan, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

12 minutes ago, kwickland said:

Any chance we can see another play through like when Cap Thor and Ms Marvel were previewed?

Almost certainly not until there’s a vaccine for Covid 19 - there was meant to be one last month, but it had to be cancelled.

2 minutes ago, FearLord said:

Almost certainly not until there’s a vaccine for Covid 19 - there was meant to be one last month, but it had to be cancelled.

I mean, you can play champions while not in the same room, just need to play over Skype or zoom or what have you.

1 hour ago, kwickland said:

I mean, you can play champions while not in the same room, just need to play over Skype or zoom or what have you.

True, in this case you could even have one “player” run the villain deck and so forth, they’d just need to have the copies of the heroes nemesis sets/obligations.

Weve been zooming (4p) LotR through the entire Hobbit saga for the past month now. We got destroyed in battle of Laketown and we are 'skipping' to the Battle of Five Armies tonight.

Any chance they will change the ratio of scenario content to hero content?

I cant wait to get Black Widow but I would far rather have new content to play against.

Are there any mechanics or card ideas that have come up, but gotten shelved for later because another character embodies that idea better? Or any heroes that got bumped up in the queue because of a mechanic they embodied that you wanted to use sooner?

With the recent delays i have a few questions regarding the Organized Play Kits

1)Will the OP kits be delayed further to more coincide with the reopening of venues and for them to release with the right products?

2)Will the OP kits be announced with Previews along with dates per normally champion announcements?

3)When the OP kits are released will there be guild-lines for rules on how to run the events or will it be up to the Host on how it's ran

With other countries releasing Black Widow and Dr. Strange, are we likely to see expedited releases for them?

I would like to play with Magneto as heroe. Do you think that it could be possible, please?

My question is related to the Risky Business scenario:

I think it's generally considered to be a very easy scenario mainly due to the fact that there is no pressure on the Norman side and there is not a lot of cards punishing you for piling up counters on Criminal Enterprise. Mad Genius is not really a big problem.

Apart from Heroic Mode (which is fine but not solving the mentioned issues) what would in retrospective design differntly about this scenario or what card would you change to make it more challenging?

Is it possible for fantasy flight games to add x-men or other superhero universes to marvel champions, based on the licenses they currently have?

Will we see Ghost Rider hero (not an ally)?

Given Kamala Khan’s Ms. Marvel, The Wrecking Crew, and Spider-Woman are all somewhat lesser known characters in the general Marvel fan community, what other lesser known characters are you working on or thinking about designing hero/scenario sets for? If you can’t name names, could we get a hint 😃 ?

How far into the future is the last expansion that you’re aware of?

Hi! Will Marvel Champions be the only Marvel game published by FFG?

Can we expect a Civil War expansion with heroes in the roles of the villains?

Are we likely to see X-Men and Fantastic Four in the future, or are they under licence elsewhere?

Thanks

I love the use of classic looking artwork on Clea in the Dr. Strange pack. Any chance we can get more art in the same vein? I'd love to see some Silver age masters (Steranko, Ditko, Romita Sr., King Kirby) and 80s icons (Todd McFarlane!) grace the cards.

On 5/3/2020 at 9:40 PM, IceHot42 said:

Any chance they will change the ratio of scenario content to hero content?

I just came on here to pose the exact same question. Would like to see an equal number of scenarios to hero packs with each round of release.

Also would like to ask if FFG would please include reprints of the seven standard encounter cards in a future release. Its a real pain having to find them and separate them out each time before you can begin a new game.

On 5/6/2020 at 2:58 PM, Griautis said:

Will we see Ghost Rider hero (not an ally)?

I'll buy it if it's Johnny Blaze. 💀

Though I fear it'll be Reyes. Reyes isn't even a flaming skull rider - he's a chrome-topped car driver.

3 hours ago, Janaka said:

Though I fear it'll be Reyes. Reyes isn't even a flaming skull rider - he's a chrome-topped car driver.

I would imagine it’s whoever is on the Avenger’s Assemble card.

11 hours ago, Derrault said:

I would imagine it’s whoever is on the Avenger’s Assemble card.

That's Robbie Reyes. He's a current Avenger.

2 hours ago, Janaka said:

That's Robbie Reyes. He's a current Avenger.

There’s a good question: What is the decision process on which versions of heroes to do first? (Ie which personality, and ally or hero version?)

On 5/8/2020 at 12:38 PM, Janaka said:

Haha that's funny because I'll buy it if it's Danny Ketch! Never liked Reyes. Or even blaze really.

16 minutes ago, Damenwood said:

Haha that's funny because I'll buy it if it's Danny Ketch! Never liked Reyes. Or even blaze really.

I'll buy it no madder who it is.