RPG Sessions: Integrated Discord Bot and Character Sheets

By Joress, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

This is a SUPER GOOD RESOURCE, and I am so hyped for the NPC functionality. Thinking about that... does Star Wars: Adversaries offer an API? It would be amazing if we could just one-click import NPCs from there to our table.

Latest Update: v1.0.0.0 - Origin of the Light

This is a big one! And when I say "big one," that is an understatement!! We've been working long hours to bring you the following...

• Character Sheets v2 including new talent tree functionality, modification capabilities, and so much more!
  • NPC Sheets, with import features from external sources
  • Updated Game Table with more new features on the way
  • Adding NPCs to your Game Table games
  • Discord bot updates for GMs, and NPCs
  • New placeholder illustrations from Insectomancer
  • and much more!

With such a large update, and so much still coming down the pipeline, we are still working hard to fix any hiccups that have happened from the update, and we think you are going to love all the new features! More to come!!

I've just started using this a couple of weeks ago after the group finally persuaded me to switch discord for our audio, and was about to make a post recommending it, before I saw this thread already existed.

I love it, it's awesome!

Thank you so much for this amazing tool. The NPCs update is SO well done, just been effusing to my players about how it updates the skill dice pool for automatically for Minions as they take enough wounds to loose a dude.

And what's more, it looks really good, which makes a huge difference to usability.

Brilliant again, and I'm super impressed by the modifier system. One note: I can't seem to get Characteristic or Attribute modifiers working on Perks, the modifiers don't apply and when you edit again they've been discarded.

On 9/14/2020 at 5:45 PM, Talkie Toaster said:

Brilliant again, and I'm super impressed by the modifier system. One note: I can't seem to get Characteristic or Attribute modifiers working on Perks, the modifiers don't apply and when you edit again they've been discarded.

Thanks! The Modifier system does need a bit more work. We'll take a look at the issue you mentioned, and see if there's a bug there somewhere.

We are going to invest some more time into the Modifier system, and make some improvements! It currently works pretty well, but I think we can make it better!

10 hours ago, Joress said:

Thanks! The Modifier system does need a bit more work. We'll take a look at the issue you mentioned, and see if there's a bug there somewhere.

We are going to invest some more time into the Modifier system, and make some improvements! It currently works pretty well, but I think we can make it better!

Brilliant! Looking forwards to seeing where it goes. One thing I really like is the little 'info icon' next to your skills in the character sheet letting you know when a modifier applies. It'd be neat if we would have a checkbox on the Skill modifiers that allows the description to show in the info tooltips, and even as a popup when you select a skill to roll on the table. Use cases I'm thinking off are things like Surgeon, so you could give the Talent a skill modifier with Medicine linked, check 'Show description' and a description of "Heal 2 extra wounds if first aid". Then, selecting Medicine to roll on the table could give a little hint popup when you roll Medicine saying "Heal 2 extra wounds on first aid".

Now, obvs not every time you roll Medicine is to do first aid, but I've certainly forgotten enough times! Same for removing setback from rolls, that kind of thing.

Hi @Joress

one of players has just noticed that even though NPCs have the function to "hide" key stats, that if they select the NPC they can just click on their name to go straight to their sheet.

:)

On 9/30/2020 at 8:08 AM, Stethemessiah said:

Hi @Joress

one of players has just noticed that even though NPCs have the function to "hide" key stats, that if they select the NPC they can just click on their name to go straight to their sheet.

:)

Ah, that's a good catch. We will see what we can do there to keep it secret! :)

On 3/26/2020 at 8:59 AM, DangerShine Designs said:

This is awesome. My group has been talking about trying out an online system as we have no idea when we can get together and cough on each other's food again, this looks like it might be our tool.

Edit: only just started poking around but is there a way to import from OggDude's tool?

On 3/26/2020 at 10:55 AM, warchild1x said:

They're working on it. soon(TM)

On 3/26/2020 at 12:28 PM, Joress said:

Yep, Warchild1x beat me to the response. 😁 It's currently in development. Progress is going very well! Soonish, indeed!

Ogg dude integration is what would seal the deal. I've played one discord game on my old laptop.... I have to have discord not auto-start for usability (other hp bloatware really slows a pavillion down when it gets old, but hp laptops work seamlessly with hp printers).

On 10/23/2020 at 4:53 PM, EliasWindrider said:

Ogg dude integration is what would seal the deal. I've played one discord game on my old laptop.... I have to have discord not auto-start for usability (other hp bloatware really slows a pavillion down when it gets old, but hp laptops work seamlessly with hp printers).

You can export an XML file from Oggdude, then upload it to RPGSessions.

Latest Update: v1.0.7.0 - Control of the Galaxy

More updates! Here's what some of the latest updates have added

• Discord dice roller supports new V2 character sheets
  • Discord dice roller can roll weapons directly with Discord Bot
  • New Quantum-based random number generator
  • Add support for special remove setback dice on character sheets and from the Discord Bot (special key x)
  • Real-time message passing service
  • Game Table mobile layout
  • Updated Twitch Extension
  • Updates to Oggdude Importer
  • Updates to Genesys Emporium Importer
  • Joining and Leaving a Game is much, much, much easier
  • Players can allow GMs to control their character
  • Other various fixes and improvements

@Joress Hey there! First, I want to say thank you for building such an amazing tool. It has really helped out my campaign during the last month where we had to go online. I do have a couple questions about the system if you don't mind:

1.) The web interface will not accept my OggDude character xml files. Is there something in particular I need to do in order for it to work? I keep getting the following error:

• image.png.faa9ab5642d755b3e095314fcff9c658.png

2.) I noticed that you have to manually input your talents in the talent tree. Is there a feature that allows us to use the preexisting talent trees from the specializations in the core rulebooks?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

3 hours ago, RoperTheRogue said:

@Joress Hey there! First, I want to say thank you for building such an amazing tool. It has really helped out my campaign during the last month where we had to go online. I do have a couple questions about the system if you don't mind:

1.) The web interface will not accept my OggDude character xml files. Is there something in particular I need to do in order for it to work? I keep getting the following error:

2.) I noticed that you have to manually input your talents in the talent tree. Is there a feature that allows us to use the preexisting talent trees from the specializations in the core rulebooks?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks @RoperTheRogue ! Hopefully here are some answers for you...

1. The Oggdude issue might be better asked on our Discord Server . Our devs are usually there to help out with those questions.
  2. Right now, we don't have a way to import preexisting talents from other sources. We are considering a feature in the future where once a player enters a talent, it can be stored and reused. But for right now, it's all player input.

Latest Update: v1.0.8.0 - Clones and Droids

More updates this week!

• feat: new Initiative Game Table design (See image. There is now a button to toggle initiative rolls on and off. No more Tab to the side!)
  • feat: new mail provider for sending emails
  • feat: Initiative commands use new ActionStream implementation
  • fix: GM no longer needs a character to roll dice (You know the " Internal Service Error " you've been getting? Not anymore!)
  • fix: correct oggdude weapon imports
  • fix: add spinner to forgot password page
  • fix: save page sort selection
  • fix: other various importer bug fixes
  • fix: correctly disable destiny/story point styles for non-patrons
  • fix: display correct leave game message
  • chore: code cleanup, remove legacy character code
Edited by Joress

Great work again! One request: In the list of characters, can we have a tab or icon or something to differentiate between PCs and NPCs? I have a bunch of NPCs I made as PCs before NPCs were implemented, and now I've been redoing them as actual NPCs it's a bit of a pain to tell which is which.

Edited by Talkie Toaster

Update 1.0.9.0 - Colors Of A Robot Takeover

• feat: Updated Light and Dark Themes!
  • feat: Game Table can unselect a character by clicking on the selected character
  • feat: Game Table can roll crits not assigned to a character by rolling a crit without a character selected
  • feat: GMs roll initiative for NPC by default when no character is selected
  • feat: Game Table includes crit name in history panel
  • fix: ignore crit rolls when initiative rolling is enabled
  • fix: quality dropdown height increased
  • fix: undefined name in discord output from game table
  • fix: fix no-name issue for characters imported from Genesys Emporium
  • fix: other various importer fixes
On 12/12/2020 at 3:14 AM, Talkie Toaster said:

Great work again! One request: In the list of characters, can we have a tab or icon or something to differentiate between PCs and NPCs? I have a bunch of NPCs I made as PCs before NPCs were implemented, and now I've been redoing them as actual NPCs it's a bit of a pain to tell which is which.

We have some things in the works to help seperate those different character sheets, but until we get those realized, that's probably a good idea. 👍