RPG Sessions: Integrated Discord Bot and Character Sheets

By Joress, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

I've been noticing many people looking for a way to play online with others during our social distancing, and thought I'd give a plug to an app me and some friends have been developing for a bit. It's RPG Sessions , and has character sheets, vehicle sheets, dice roller, and they all integrate into a Discord bot that also manages initiative, experience, destiny points, and crits for characters & vehicles. The site is mobile friendly, and we are constantly adding more features. ( our command reference document )

You can roll by skill name, or by dice name.

skillname-roll.jpg.337b5c67373d59992a5b581859023f99.jpg

Our most recent feature includes the Game Table, that syncs with the Discord Bot, or can be used just as a stand alone. More updates are in the works!

new-initiative-tracker-red.jpg

It's free to signup! Come check us our and happy gaming!

UPDATE: V 1.0.9.0 (12/16/2020)

Edited by Joress

Grabbed the bot for my groups discord server, thanks!

2 hours ago, Kaytarn said:

Grabbed the bot for my groups discord server, thanks!

Awesome! Let me know if you have any questions, or feel free to check out our Discord server for any help.

On 3/23/2020 at 6:20 PM, Joress said:

I've been noticing many people looking for a way to play online with others during our social distancing, and thought I'd give a plug to an app me and some friends have been developing for a bit. It's RPG Sessions , and has character sheets, vehicle sheets, dice roller, and they all integrate into a Discord bot that also manages initiative, experience, destiny points, and crits for characters & vehicles. The site is mobile friendly, and we are constantly adding more features. ( our command reference document )

You can roll by skill name, or by dice name.

skillname-roll.jpg.337b5c67373d59992a5b581859023f99.jpg

I’m not a fan of the 3d dice style. I much prefer the 2d style.

But the unified character sheets and skill rolling, that could be really nice!

I’m going to point my discord GMs and server operators at this thread and see what they think.

Just started to play around in the vehicle/character sheet portion and I'm liking it so far. I'm currently using SkyJedi's D1C3 bot on Discord but the integrated character sheets and Game Table has me intrigued and I may switch.

One note for development in the character/vehicle sheets. Where the radial dice image appears on the side. You show all the icons except for the force dice symbols. They would be a great addition.

Force.png

21 minutes ago, bradknowles said:

I’m not a fan of the 3d dice style. I much prefer the 2d style.

But the unified character sheets and skill rolling, that could be really nice!

I’m going to point my discord GMs and server operators at this thread and see what they think.

Thanks for the feedback! We do have options to select dice type and size, and if there are enough players that prefer 2d over 3d, we can definitely add that to the list of options.

14 minutes ago, warchild1x said:

Just started to play around in the vehicle/character sheet portion and I'm liking it so far. I'm currently using SkyJedi's D1C3 bot on Discord but the integrated character sheets and Game Table has me intrigued and I may switch.

One note for development in the character/vehicle sheets. Where the radial dice image appears on the side. You show all the icons except for the force dice symbols. They would be a great addition.

Force.png

Yep, we are working on getting those added without making the fan out too crowded! Thanks for the feedback!

Just now, Joress said:

Yep, we are working on getting those added without making the fan out too crowded! Thanks for the feedback!

Nice, Looking forward to that.

1 minute ago, warchild1x said:

Nice, Looking forward to that.

Me too! I've got some characters that are in desperate need of some force pips in their force powers!! 😁

I do love this. I am currently assessing whether I use RPG Sessions or Roll20 to continue my AoR campaign in these crazy times.

The plus for me for Roll20 is the map and player token integration, also being able to share images, journals etc. @Joress any suggestions on being able to something similar alongside RPG Sessions, or part of?

Also, I would love to help test the Game Table. What levels of Patreon get access to the Game Table?

This is awesome. My group has been talking about trying out an online system as we have no idea when we can get together and cough on each other's food again, this looks like it might be our tool.

Edit: only just started poking around but is there a way to import from OggDude's tool?

Edited by DangerShine Designs
1 hour ago, DangerShine Designs said:

Edit: only just started poking around but is there a way to import from OggDude's tool?

They're working on it. soon(TM)

17 hours ago, Andreievitch said:

I do love this. I am currently assessing whether I use RPG Sessions or Roll20 to continue my AoR campaign in these crazy times.

The plus for me for Roll20 is the map and player token integration, also being able to share images, journals etc. @Joress any suggestions on being able to something similar alongside RPG Sessions, or part of?

The maps and player tokens are pretty cool in Roll20. We have some similar ideas with the Game Table as we continue to roll it out, but that's still on our todo list. The only think I could suggest, which I use in my games currently, is to post images and maps in Discord. Something like this map . But we totally want to make a map feature in there eventually. I think we have NPC integration, and GM notes next in line.

Any level of Patreon support can get access to the Game Table!

3 hours ago, DangerShine Designs said:

This is awesome. My group has been talking about trying out an online system as we have no idea when we can get together and cough on each other's food again, this looks like it might be our tool.

Yep, Warchild1x beat me to the response. 😁 It's currently in development. Progress is going very well! Soonish, indeed!

4 hours ago, Joress said:

The maps and player tokens are pretty cool in Roll20. We have some similar ideas with the Game Table as we continue to roll it out, but that's still on our todo list. The only think I could suggest, which I use in my games currently, is to post images and maps in Discord. Something like this map . But we totally want to make a map feature in there eventually. I think we have NPC integration, and GM notes next in line.

Any level of Patreon support can get access to the Game Table!

Great! I have just supported the Patreon, linked my accounts and now I can see the Game Table. I will have a play and test 🙂

Edited by Andreievitch
On 3/24/2020 at 11:09 PM, warchild1x said:

Force.png

I recently found the Unicode characters for the Force pips, although their appearance can vary depending on what font you’re using: ◑●◯

4 minutes ago, bradknowles said:

I recently found the Unicode characters for the Force pips, although their appearance can vary depending on what font you’re using: ◑●◯

Here’s what they looked like on my end, before I pasted them into this website:

5CA5E34F-6774-4A04-A01C-7ABACC3601F0.jpeg

Is there a print-friendly copy of the bot command reference? I tried to print the page from my browser and it only prints the first page.

14 minutes ago, Hutchback said:

Is there a print-friendly copy of the bot command reference? I tried to print the page from my browser and it only prints the first page.

Think they added a link at the bottom of the rpgsessions page. Where it says Bot Help

Here's the direct link though just in case.

https://app.rpgsessions.com/assets/discord-bot-help/v2/2.pdf

Update!

We just released our Game Table feature to all RPG Sessions users!

For those who haven't tried it out yet, it's our new real time UI that works both with the Discord bot or as a stand alone tool to allow all the players in your game to see what's going on with your game in real time as if you were actually around a table! It's great for players that don't have a lot of experience with the discord bot and struggle with the command structure since it will post events back to Discord including dice rolls, Destiny/Story point changes and initiative changes.

So far I’ve been really impressed with all of your work. The real test is next Friday when my group will play using your tools. I’m very excited they’ll get to use the game table.

Thanks for investing in such a great system!

Latest Update! ...V 0.12.13 "Statue Of Stardust"

• feat: Add crit rolling support to Game Table
  • feat: Clicking dice in the Game Table messages will set them to your dice pool to be rolled
  • fix: corrected a bug with how initiative was ordered when negative dice were included in the dice pool
  • fix: remove some test code that was left over
  • fix: adjust the version numbers because I was off by 1.

We have a lot of irons in the furnace right now, and this post highlights them nicely! Lots more to come!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/37155192