Goldfinch's Rebel Gallery (12/29)

By TheGoldfinch, in Painting

Fleet trooper with A280, gives me that original Battlefront vibes. Great work on the troops!

1 hour ago, BlueSquadronPilot said:

Fleet trooper with A280, gives me that original Battlefront vibes. Great work on the troops!

Thanks! I was actually inspired by a battlefront render (the 2015 one though) for my troopers

OjxB6fp.jpg 7gvYuZw.jpg UzrKVuq.jpg

Jyn Erso done! I went with a fairly accurate paintjob on her, apart from the jacket. I was never a fan of the green, and the blue matches the rest of the theme better.

And that's my legion minis done, apart from the three troopers that need heads.

cl9Dapa.jpg eg8vVWe.jpg

Bought a spare trooper to replace one of the ones that went to the turret, and a spare droid for variety. Gloss will be added to the eyes, but haven't gotten around to that yet.

Also received a large order of legion stuff yesterday, so more minis incoming!

OjxtOYj.jpg
EsqOcKO.jpg
ygk6nYb.jpg

Rebel veterans inspired by the heavy troopers from BF2 (2017)
Haven't finished the seventh trooper, since I'm still waiting for a shipment of alien heads.

T3cdYdO.jpg jSchcAN.jpg

Second AT-RT done, with a fresh green pattern.
Currently working on a unit of pathfinders, but painting has slowed down with the summer heat...

I'm in love with all those FT helmets, and those veterans especially are just fantastic. Great work!

Pathfinders done, in my usual colours. I decided on tan vests instead of black, to make them more distinct from the regular troopers.
9E9HyEs.jpg
qfHK6dw.jpg
ogNrOcg.jpg
When I saw Bistan's space-suit looking outfit, I decided that I wanted to paint it a bit different. He ended up in the style of an x-wing pilot.
MqvMD1l.jpg
His lower left arm was missing, because something always is, so I decided to sculpt a replacement arm. First time really doing anything like that, but I think it ended up quite well.
ChatmyP.png

Edited by TheGoldfinch

Wow! If you hadn't pointed it out, I never would have known.

20 hours ago, Sharkbelly said:

Wow! If you hadn't pointed it out, I never would have known.

Glad to hear that! It is always unfortunate when parts are missing, but it did turn into some good sculpting practice

JwKYMws.jpg
O36zFIu.jpg
3to0Fur.jpg
ZvaJwPr.jpg
Something a bit different today. Downed AT-ST finished. The lightning on the pictures got a bit milky, the thing barely fitted in my lightbox

16kBzIY.jpg

Finally got my stragglers from the veteran and third trooper unit finished. Custom heads are resin cast from Gadzooks gaming

Your Pathfinder are so cool. +1 for the bistan's space suit.

u6ObHTM.jpg
lR2joTF.jpg
NAQ4Rqm.jpg

Cal Kestis from Jedi Fallen order, sculpted by Skull Forge, printed by Shapeways

This will probably be the last mini I order from shapeways, as the rough finish on the minis really takes the joy out of painting them.

I had heard that there were some QC issues popping up. I've had good luck with Shapeways, but I've not ordered anything in the last 6 months, or maybe a little more.

One of my friends had good luck with his order, but everything I've gotten from them has had a really thick frosted coating that's been difficult to get rid of without damaging the mini.

I decided to check out some licensed printers on etsy instead, at least for the skull forge minis.

T2VCPSF.jpg vTVzzFQ.jpg
etYpEQx.jpg
These were hard to get hold of! Adds some nice diversity though, and an even nicer dlt-20a

Edited by TheGoldfinch

2Q0Aaez.jpg
ilDeX7I.jpg

Haven't had much time to paint lately, but I finally managed to get this dynamic duo finished!

My paint log is slowly being cleared out. Only commandos, mandos and Sabine left to go, as well as a few skullforge sculpts

That's a really nice Cassian & K-2SO. Nice job on the beard, especially.

Would you mind sharing which blue or mix of paints you use for the shirts? I really like the muted color and would like to borrow from you for some of my stuff. Thank you in advance!

33 minutes ago, yoink101 said:

Would you mind sharing which blue or mix of paints you use for the shirts? I really like the muted color and would like to borrow from you for some of my stuff. Thank you in advance!

Glad you think so! The technique isn't very advanced. Most of my minis are primed white, then the shirt is painted with citadel russ grey, recess shaded using some nuln oil, then highlighted using fenrisian grey.

rhKgJXq.jpg

Prune face & prawn face. I've ordered some almond-shaped goodness to the humans of the squad, and so painted these in the meantime. Went for a Raddus inspired paintjob for the mon calamari.

nuJt1WR.jpg ak8jcbS.jpg

Started on the mandalorian resistance as well. I wanted a paintjob that looked mandalorian, while still fitting with the rest of the army theme and I am quite pleased with the result. The rest of the squad will have some variations in theme, along with mismatched armour pieces, inspired by The mandalorian's pre-shiny armour.

8 hours ago, TheGoldfinch said:

rhKgJXq.jpg

Prune face & prawn face. I've ordered some almond-shaped goodness to the humans of the squad, and so painted these in the meantime. Went for a Raddus inspired paintjob for the mon calamari.

nuJt1WR.jpg ak8jcbS.jpg

Started on the mandalorian resistance as well. I wanted a paintjob that looked mandalorian, while still fitting with the rest of the army theme and I am quite pleased with the result. The rest of the squad will have some variations in theme, along with mismatched armour pieces, inspired by The mandalorian's pre-shiny armour.

That mandalorian paint scheme looks really nice. What colours did you use?

36 minutes ago, RedAnya said:

That mandalorian paint scheme looks really nice. What colours did you use?

Thanks! For the undersuit, I used a coat of administratum grey, recess shaded with nuln oil, then sparingly highlighted with administratum grey mixed with white scar. The brownish-red of the armour is gorthor brown, washed with reikland fleshshade, then highlighted with gorthor brown. The dull blue parts were russ grey highlighted with fenrisian grey, and the vibrant part was caledon sky highlighted with russ grey. Belt and holsters were painted skavenblight dinge, recess shaded nuln oil and highlighted stormvermin fur. Metal parts were simply painted runefang steel, washed with nuln oil, except for the missile, which was washed with reikland flesh, to liken that of Boba Fett's.
As the goofy names suggest, these were all citadel paints

I really like everything you’ve posted! I’m a big fan of your clean painting style, you’ve inspired me to do my Rebel’s similarly to yours. I especially love the theme of fleet trooper helmets and colour scheme throughout, it’s my favourite colours for the Rebels, and I always adored the fleet trooper design and image of them lining the sides of the corridors to fight the storm troopers blasting in.

Anyway! Awesome job!