Cycle VI: The Innsmouth Conspiracy

By Antimarkovnikov, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

3 hours ago, Siphon said:

You know, I’m also really wondering if they would completely switch to the Marvel model as the new product type coming out. As in new character packs going forward with new player cards and the campaign packs only contain scenario cards. This would allow for the scenarios to become bigger with more options.

I like the sound of that. I like the larger, more complex scenarios, even if it takes two sessions to play. The more choices the investigators have to make, i.e. the more the story branches in different directions, the more re-playable the scenario. There are new surprises when you choose a branch you haven't followed before.

20 hours ago, Krysmopompas said:

I like the idea of George Barnaby as the Guardian in this one....a spin on the traditional Guardian as Carolyn was and hopefully Vincent will be, plus he was introduced in AH2e's Innsmouth expansion....and I'm sure there's going to be a jail cell in this cycle as well. Someone needs to bail out the slowpokes!

It's an interesting idea. I really like George Barnaby. I kinda hope he is one of the investigators that gets a novella. His hook is he's searching for his wife's murders. So he's looking for justice by tracking down the cult that ritually sacrificed her. He's also a Lawyer so there is an element of wanted to protect people considering his profession. I can see Seeker and Guardian in there as well as potentially Survivor. Maybe he'll be another investigator with deck building rules like Tony and Mandy.

I always got the feeling that his story was connected to Ithaqua. If I recall correctly his Investigators of Arkham Horror story suggests as much. In Eldritch Horror he was introduced in the Mountains Of Madness expansion so I usually associate him with the cold in my head because of that. That said I'll certainly take George sooner rather than later.

t0rfksnnhci41.png

It looks like there's a hole in the release schedule. Normally we'd get the Return to box in between the last mythos pack and the new cycle. But there's a month's gap in there from the April release of Weaver of the Cosmos and the June release of Return to the Forgotten Age.

This could mean two things...
1) We're not getting The Innsmonth Conspiracy until July.
2) The "New Product Type" might release in May!

Edit: Just rewatched the AMA and they said that the new product will be released after the Return to box... Perhaps it'll be released in the same month.

Edited by Antimarkovnikov

That's some good sleuthing but let's be cautious - updates to schedules and announcements and shipping in general has been pretty unreliable for a while, so there's only so much we can reasonably infer.

13 hours ago, Antimarkovnikov said:

t0rfksnnhci41.png

It looks like there's a hole in the release schedule. Normally we'd get the Return to box in between the last mythos pack and the new cycle. But there's a month's gap in there from the April release of Weaver of the Cosmos and the June release of Return to the Forgotten Age.

This could mean two things...
1) We're not getting The Innsmonth Conspiracy until July.
2) The "New Product Type" might release in May!

Edit: Just rewatched the AMA and they said that the new product will be released after the Return to box... Perhaps it'll be released in the same month.

But… but… but… you posted a picture saying The Blob that Ate Everything releases in May?

😕

March: Where the Gods Dwell

April: Weaver of the Cosmos & Beard of Baalshandor

May: The Blob that Ate Everything

June: Return to the Forgotten Age

July: ??? The only product without a release date is Barkham Horror so it might fit here.

July 30 – August 2, 2020 Gen Con.

@FFGames release early copies of products direct to the public at GenCon. There have been plenty of Arkham Files products released in this manner. Path to Carcosa was done this way, if memory serves, so it makes financial sense for them to do this with The Innsmouth Conspiracy.

But as Allonym says “let's be cautious.”

And these are only the US release dates for English language product.

We did ask Asmodee for UK release dates but are still waiting.

Huh - given I think it was announced before the novella, and certainly before RttFA, I'm surprised Barkham doesn't have a US release month listed, even if it isn't as specific as a given date.

4 hours ago, ArkhamChronicle said:

But… but… but… you posted a picture saying The Blob that Ate Everything releases in May?

😕

So the normal release schedule has... One per month... Deluxe Expansion, the six mythos packs, a one month gap, and then the cycle starts over. Then they filled that one month gap with a Return to... Box. And the stand-alones and books have always just released whenever.

However, this year there's an extra one month gap between the final mythos pack and the return to box. So I was thinking they might plug that hole with the "new product type". Although after I posted this I went back and listened to the AMA again and they said the new product will be released between the Return To... And the new cycle... So that means we might be waiting quite some time for The Innsmouth Conspiracy.

And I definitely think we should be cautious about this kind of speculation and I'm certainly not getting my hopes either up nor down. I just enjoy trying to puzzle out when things might be announced or released.

4 hours ago, ArkhamChronicle said:

July 30 – August 2, 2020 Gen Con.

@FFGames release early copies of products direct to the public at GenCon. There have been plenty of Arkham Files products released in this manner. Path to Carcosa was done this way, if memory serves, so it makes financial sense for them to do this with The Innsmouth Conspiracy.

Huh! I forgot about Gen Con. Perhaps that's when it'll be released. It certainly wouldn't surprise me.

It was Return to Carcosa At Gencon I think last year that was released early.

I keep thinking Barkham shows no release date on purpose, because it will release on April Fools Day!

Edited by Mimi61
9 hours ago, phillos said:

It was Return to Carcosa At Gencon I think last year that was released early.

It was.

But the original deluxe box came out at Gen Con 2017 on August 17th. We weren’t able to release a video in the UK until 26 September and we had to use some errrr, proxy cards.

https://youtu.be/Ik_zf7wIleI

If FFG is under financial pressure then selling direct to the public is a way of maximising income, particularly as a deluxe box is the range’s most expensive recurring product.

I'd like to see Vincent Lee as the Guardian.

6 hours ago, redcapjack said:

I'd like to see Vincent Lee as the Guardian.

We've already had one Guardian who was more of a support character in Carolyn Fern. It's possible they'll do something similar with him... But I'd be willing to bet they'll try to mix it up a bit more than just Carolyn but for healing health.

He was always pretty much the same as Carolyn, but with "heal horror" replaced with "heal damage" in older games in the universe.

10 hours ago, Eldan985 said:

He was always pretty much the same as Carolyn, but with "heal horror" replaced with "heal damage" in older games in the universe.

He could be like Carolyn and have a main class but access to low level cards of two other classes.

But what main and subs? Seeker main Rouge/Survivor sub?

4 hours ago, Hyperjayman said:

He could be like Carolyn and have a main class but access to low level cards of two other classes.

But what main and subs? Seeker main Rouge/Survivor sub?

I don't know about Rouge - does he wear a lot of make-up?

Now we need some bishounen Vincent Lee alt art cards.

I think Michael McGlen is coming. Innsmouth is connected to his backstory.

When the O'Bannion gang needs to send a message, they send the big man, Michael McGlen. Not long ago, his friend Fast Louie Farrell was attacked by a bunch of inhuman things with ugly, fish-like faces. They sliced him up and dragged him under the water. McGlen took it personally.

Edited by Villefere

Trish Scarborough also has links to Innsmouth/Order of Dagon thematically. She would make a strong candidate as Rogue/Seeker.

Of course, not all investigators have thematic attachments to the cycle they are released in. Often one presages the following cycle. I keep thinking/hoping I am seeing nods to and cards preparing for Lily Chen. But there are a few others who have made recent oblique appearances as well.

Edited by Mimi61
On 2/22/2020 at 10:58 AM, ArkhamChronicle said:

[snip]…..

And these are only the US release dates for English language product.

We did ask Asmodee for UK release dates but are still waiting.

I can't read your posts without doing it with your voice in my head... …. …..

But if subtitles count, it also gets weird, such as having, I don't know, four archaic glyphs.

On 3/26/2020 at 8:00 PM, Janaka said:

I can't read your posts without doing it with your voice in my head... …. …..

It's the Morgan Freeman effect 😉

ffglive_2020-april-schedule.jpg

We're getting a full announcement on the 30th! A mere month away!

"We’ve teased the game’s upcoming deluxe expansion, which kicks off its sixth campaign, The Innsmouth Conspiracy—and now it’s time to sit down with developers Matt Newman and Jeremy Zwirn and show off some of what you can expect in one of the strangest campaigns yet.

Article up. Live stream recorded (and interfered with by an ancient one).

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2020/4/30/the-innsmouth-conspiracy/

ahc52_a1_spread.png Biggest takeaway: new tokens. Key tokens, flood tokens, Blessed & Cursed tokens.

ahc52_a1_diagram2.png

When you pull a Blessed token from the chaos bag: add 2 to your skill, remove the token, draw another token. Same thing but negative for Cursed tokens.

No plans to reprint tokens in the future, or require them for subsequent expansions. Generally they are added from player cards (possibly always).

Blessed/Cursed tokens capped at 10 each, regardless of how many copies you own.

ahc52_sister-mary.png

ahc52_crisis-of-faith.png ahc52_cryptic-grimoire.png ahc52_ward-of-radiance.png

Sister Mary - Guardian

Amanda Sharpe - Seeker

Trish Scarborough - Rogue

Dexter Drake - Mystic

Silas Marsh - Survivor

Edited by Duciris