Cycle VI: The Innsmouth Conspiracy

By Antimarkovnikov, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

9 hours ago, django042 said:

• If Trish is Seeker 5/ Rogue 2 and has INT 4+, she can play the stones and Eldritch Sophist. Discard empty stone (Mag. Class LV1), Scavenge (Versatile). Play as free action (Joey LV0)

We already know Amanda is the seeker. That leaves Trish as our Rogue. She's likely Rogue/Seeker, but the numbers will be reversed from what you have.

Lots of cards previewed - that site map looks crazy! I am wondering if there is an act and or agenda for this scenario as that is a lot of sites to go through. Cards are looking fun so far. Really looking forward to this set.

RM

7 minutes ago, OC Architect said:

Lots of cards previewed - that site map looks crazy! I am wondering if there is an act and or agenda for this scenario as that is a lot of sites to go through. Cards are looking fun so far. Really looking forward to this set.

RM

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the Cursed/Blessed system. Innsmouth is always dripping (see what I did there) with theme, and this run should be fantastic, but it's the player cards I'm most looking forward to. For the first time ever. (Not withstanding the investigator starter decks which are exclusively player cards. 😜 )

1 hour ago, Duciris said:

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the Cursed/Blessed system. Innsmouth is always dripping (see what I did there) with theme, and this run should be fantastic, but it's the player cards I'm most looking forward to. For the first time ever. (Not withstanding the investigator starter decks which are exclusively player cards. 😜 )

It is funny - I typically am more interested in the encounter cards to see what the game has cooked up for my hapless investigators. I like the player cards and get excited about them but the encounter cards are the ones that do it for me.

RM

In case it was missed by some, Trish was revealed on the ArchivosDeArkham podcast stream, earlier today.

I'm assuming this means that it is okay to share pictures, since it was an official reveal.

Here she is, with her signature cards

d1WdjvY_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb& P3WGoH4_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb& JT2Qbrw_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb& QvPertL_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Shadow agents really don't seem so bad. I mean, really, why wouldn't this character be able to do evade 5.

1 hour ago, Eldan985 said:

Shadow agents really don't seem so bad. I mean, really, why wouldn't this character be able to do evade 5.

Not to mention other tricks like finding a clue and using her power to evade them and make them disappear. You can dodge the attack of opportunity with a Narrow Escape, or have a friend engage them first and then you can free action find a clue with Working a Hunch or Lola Santiago. Heck, her signature event will also get them off of her so she can find a clue and dispose of them.

She has many ways of dealing with them. Definitely not that bad, all things considered.

Yeah, weaknesses can be classed by the number of actions they are likely to cost the player, and Shadow Agents seems like a mere 1.

15 minutes ago, Carthoris said:

Yeah, weaknesses can be classed by the number of actions they are likely to cost the player, and Shadow Agents seems like a mere 1.

Very true, and with Narrow Escape, you could theoretically deal with it using 0 actions assuming you would be investigating the location anyway. Just like Magnito pointed out. Much much less of a problem than most. I think Trish is going to be very fun. I have a rogue/seeker investigator that I love to play, and she's not even set up to have the kind of sheer clue hoovering power as Trish. Steal Winnie's starter deck pilfers, and yikes.

Yeah that is the least concerning sig. weakness I can think of.

Also, investigator overload! The 5 starters we just received, then the 5 in Barkham this month and the 5 in Innsmouth next month?! Where was this when we were under house arrest quarantine?

2 hours ago, Duciris said:

Yeah that is the least concerning sig. weakness I can think of.

Also, investigator overload! The 5 starters we just received, then the 5 in Barkham this month and the 5 in Innsmouth next month?! Where was this when we were under house arrest quarantine?

Some of us still are.

New content is good in times like these.

21 hours ago, Magnito said:

In case it was missed by some, Trish was revealed on the ArchivosDeArkham podcast stream, earlier today.

I'm assuming this means that it is okay to share pictures, since it was an official reveal.

Here she is, with her signature cards

For some reason the pictures aren’t showing up.

12 hours ago, Mimi61 said:

For some reason the pictures aren’t showing up.

I see the pics. Something with your browser?

@Mimi61 I couldn’t see them on my phone, try a desktop browser

i am irrationally excited to play this one, but i'm soooo far behind still.

still just learning the game and got slaughtered six ways to sunday all through the core scenarios. finally getting the hang of it and looking forward to jumping into Dunwich this weekend.

i've already decided to skip Circle Undone; something about that one just puts me off. but Innsmouth is right up my alley and a big reason i returned to the game after getting my hat handed to me throughout my initial play experiences. : D

23 hours ago, happy_ythogtha said:

i am irrationally excited to play this one, but i'm soooo far behind still.

still just learning the game and got slaughtered six ways to sunday all through the core scenarios. finally getting the hang of it and looking forward to jumping into Dunwich this weekend.

i've already decided to skip Circle Undone; something about that one just puts me off. but Innsmouth is right up my alley and a big reason i returned to the game after getting my hat handed to me throughout my initial play experiences. : D

hey welcome aboard - not a bad idea to skip TCU. It left me flat, some interesting moments but more irritating than anything.

The only trouble for me is...the investigators and player cards. FFG gets me with those every time. If only they'd release them all in Investigator Starter Packs, my problem would be solved. Until then, my storage will always be a problem...

Looking forward to Innsmouth too.

Yes, welcome to the game!

Innsmouth is the one I have been waiting most for, story wise. I hope it lives up to the hype in my head!!
I would make one suggestion, since you are skipping several campaigns. There is usually some new mechanic or trait that are introduced in each one. Some are play mechanics, sometimes just for that campaign, but many are incorporated in subsequent campaigns. It might be good to familiarize yourself with them in advance, so you are ready for what may come your way!!

Ech. You know, looking at those preview cards, MORE annoyance at the supply system in Forgotten Age. Now we have a compass, that doesn't count as a compass, for supplies. Like previously we had six sources of light that didn't count because they weren't torches.

4 hours ago, Eldan985 said:

Ech. You know, looking at those preview cards, MORE annoyance at the supply system in Forgotten Age. Now we have a compass, that doesn't count as a compass, for supplies. Like previously we had six sources of light that didn't count because they weren't torches.

Yeah. It would be hard to future proof that system though. They would have needed to have foreseen that those particular traits were going to be used and written them into the assets. It would have been somewhat predictable to at least trait light sources though (if not compasses, pickaxes, et). They seem to be relevant in a lot of the other Arkham Files games. But it's the kind of thing that you can't easily do retroactively.

The other thing is that there apparently are a lot of cards that were designed prior to the cycles and it was a matter of trying to figure out what mythos packs to put them in. This is going to make you cringe, but I'm designing a scenario now that requires the use of flashlights. It's nearly impossible for me to do it in a way (without a lightsource trait) that is not fiddly or requires consorting some kind of list. So you can only use a flashlight. Why can't you use a lantern? No good reason. You just can't. My reason is because then you're going to have someone at the table arguing that their arcane insight should let them see in the dark or whatever and count as a light source. And I don't want to make a list to refer to because it would make things both fiddly and would not remain accurate as they add cards.

In other words, they missed the boat on the trait and I can't think of another good way to handle it. I agree it is not clean and is extra annoying considering the supplies situation in FA, but it is what it is I guess.

Edited by Soakman
7 hours ago, Eldan985 said:

Eh... just because a card is in your deck, it doesn't mean you have it on you all the time. Otherwise we'd be playing every game with all of our assets already in play from the start. I personally see cards in the deck as assets or events that we encounter along the way and make use of temporarily. Building our decks allows us to have influence over how our story unfolds, but it doesn't mean that I'm wandering around with a pair of flashlights, half a dozen different weapons, and several followers, all of which I decide to only use occasionally while the future of humanity is at stake.

34 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

Eh... just because a card is in your deck, it doesn't mean you have it on you all the time. Otherwise we'd be playing every game with all of our assets already in play from the start. I personally see cards in the deck as assets or events that we encounter along the way and make use of temporarily. Building our decks allows us to have influence over how our story unfolds, but it doesn't mean that I'm wandering around with a pair of flashlights, half a dozen different weapons, and several followers, all of which I decide to only use occasionally while the future of humanity is at stake.

We do this too. In one of my most recent adventures, I scored a Rotting Remains in the Jungle and then drew (and promptly played) a backpack with an emergency cache, a survival knife, and a cigarette case in it. We all assumed these were the belongings of the unfortunate fellow who was rotting.

Edited by Soakman
23 hours ago, Krysmopompas said:

hey welcome aboard - not a bad idea to skip TCU. It left me flat, some interesting moments but more irritating than anything.

The only trouble for me is...the investigators and player cards. FFG gets me with those every time. If only they'd release them all in Investigator Starter Packs, my problem would be solved. Until then, my storage will always be a problem...

Looking forward to Innsmouth too.

well i mighta spoke too soon because you're right! i want some of those investigators!

i have some time to think it over. sometimes you just have to throw all in. : o p

20 hours ago, Mimi61 said:

Yes, welcome to the game!

Innsmouth is the one I have been waiting most for, story wise. I hope it lives up to the hype in my head!!
I would make one suggestion, since you are skipping several campaigns. There is usually some new mechanic or trait that are introduced in each one. Some are play mechanics, sometimes just for that campaign, but many are incorporated in subsequent campaigns. It might be good to familiarize yourself with them in advance, so you are ready for what may come your way!!

thank you! and same here; i'm hoping it's a great cycle and i am stupidly excited about the car and dagon!

also, thanks for the advice! i may yet pick it up for the investigators and to learn whatever new thing it may introduce. i have plenty of content to play with before i get to a place of having to decide whether i want to do the whole cycle. most of it is hard to find right now anyway. : o p

And again Welcome! It’s an amazing game and I hope you enjoy every grueling minute whether you die or not!

As for buying cycles...I buy everything, I’m sooo addicted!!!! 😳 😳 and Barkham Horror is on the way to me!!!

4 hours ago, Soakman said:

We do this too. In one of my most recent adventures, I scored a Rotting Remains in the Jungle and then drew (and promptly played) a backpack with an emergency cache, a survival knife, and a cigarette case in it. We all assumed these were the belongings of the unfortunate fellow who was rotting.

I’m so sorry. We haven’t had time to re-play your scenario! We will this coming week if it’s not too late.

Edited by Mimi61