Hall of Cards YouTube Channel (Update: Leadership Iron Man Ally v Crossbones)

By manoftomorrow010, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

Hey everyone, just to let the community in this space know, I'll be one of many on YouTube posting my games! I'll have solo and multiplayer in the future. Here is my first....

Edited by manoftomorrow010

What's the community consensus on Iron Man? He always seems really strong, once the armor comes out.

Maybe, I just haven't learned how to play the other heroes yet... looking at your SheHulk.

1 hour ago, Randito said:

What's the community consensus on Iron Man? He always seems really strong, once the armor comes out.

Maybe, I just haven't learned how to play the other heroes yet... looking at your SheHulk.

Most people (in my limited experience, I left the discord cause I didn't think it was very welcoming) seem to think Iron Man is very powerful, almost to the point of being OP.

I played him in the Core set because he's my favorite character that's included in the core set lol I've played him with Justice and Leadership.

1 hour ago, Randito said:

She hulk is oneif my favorites cant beat 25+ dmg turns :D

57 minutes ago, Tarliyn said:

She hulk is oneif my favorites cant beat 25+ dmg turns :D

Bam! She-Hulk/Justice is the meta IMO .

@manoftomorrow010

I really enjoyed the video; In my head I was screaming: Play Squirrel Girl!!! (at the point where you were fighting Whiplash), she'd deal 1 indirect, and then could finish him off so his retaliate doesn't trigger.

Also it looks a bit out of focus. Please keep on making these, it's always fun to see this game played out, and your time and effort are appreciated!

53 minutes ago, Derrault said:

@manoftomorrow010

I really enjoyed the video; In my head I was screaming: Play Squirrel Girl!!! (at the point where you were fighting Whiplash), she'd deal 1 indirect, and then could finish him off so his retaliate doesn't trigger.

Also it looks a bit out of focus. Please keep on making these, it's always fun to see this game played out, and your time and effort are appreciated!

Haha thanks! Yeah, with auto focus on my camera, when I have to reach across the table, it messes the focus up for a while. A friend is coming over next weekend so I'll have some 2 player games up soon as well

3 hours ago, Derrault said:

@manoftomorrow010

He forgot Hawkeyes trigger which would have been better since he’d do the indirect for 2 and been available to attack the villain. Squirrel Girl would have been worse since Whiplash was the only minion out and would need t attack him to finish him off.

8 hours ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

Most people (in my limited experience, I left the discord cause I didn't think it was very welcoming) seem to think Iron Man is very powerful, almost to the point of being OP.

I played him in the Core set because he's my favorite character that's included in the core set lol I've played him with Justice and Leadership.

Ugh I hear that OP argument for every card game and video game. I'm glad they don't nerf card games as much as they do video games.

8 hours ago, Hyperjayman said:

He forgot Hawkeyes trigger which would have been better since he’d do the indirect for 2 and been available to attack the villain. Squirrel Girl would have been worse since Whiplash was the only minion out and would need t attack him to finish him off.

Yeah the moment I remembered that I didn't use Hawkeye on Whiplash 😅

5 hours ago, Kaijudo said:

Ugh I hear that OP argument for every card game and video game. I'm glad they don't nerf card games as much as they do video games.

I don't think Iron Man is OP, it takes a while to set up, and the difficulty can be high in solo, if you don't see many tech upgrades quickly.

Before I left the discord, everyone in the Iron Man channel only wanted to talk about Protection Iron Man, because of the Energy Barrier tech upgrade haha

23 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

I don't think Iron Man is OP, it takes a while to set up, and the difficulty can be high in solo, if you don't see many tech upgrades quickly.

Before I left the discord, everyone in the Iron Man channel only wanted to talk about Protection Iron Man, because of the Energy Barrier tech upgrade haha

Yeah, his main drawback is being stuck in Alter-Ego mode early, or having no cards to play with if he’s forced to switch too early. I like Protection anyways, but Energy Barriers are the o my reason it’s a more viable aspect for him, and I look forward to getting a tech card or two in other aspects so that he can be more flexible again.

In the game’s current state, Cap is the only hero I’d consider “OP” because of how straightforward and versatile his personal abilities/deck make him, without needing any setup time or being as draw-dependent. That said, it’s a co-op game, so... it doesn’t have to be perfectly balanced? Cap is great for newer players to get a hang of the game while feeling like they’re contributing to the fight. It’s not as if you can’t choose to make the game exactly as difficult as you please, or anything.

1 hour ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

Yeah the moment I remembered that I didn't use Hawkeye on Whiplash 😅

Oh I know you don't think Iron Man is OP, I meant the players in discord 🙂

People set in their ways aleady!? 😂 😂

1 hour ago, SpiderMana said:

Yeah, his main drawback is being stuck in Alter-Ego mode early, or having no cards to play with if he’s forced to switch too early. I like Protection anyways, but Energy Barriers are the o my reason it’s a more viable aspect for him, and I look forward to getting a tech card or two in other aspects so that he can be more flexible again.

In the game’s current state, Cap is the only hero I’d consider “OP” because of how straightforward and versatile his personal abilities/deck make him, without needing any setup time or being as draw-dependent. That said, it’s a co-op game, so... it doesn’t have to be perfectly balanced? Cap is great for newer players to get a hang of the game while feeling like they’re contributing to the fight. It’s not as if you can’t choose to make the game exactly as difficult as you please, or anything.

Sounds like Cap is just like the MCU Cap 😂

They're all Super Heroes and Super Villains so I want them to be true to their character. Like if I'm his Captain Marvel, I want to take down huge star ships.

1 hour ago, SpiderMana said:

I agree with you, here. I'm enjoying Leadership just because the action economy of the allies is fun to play, and I just love pulling off a Make the Call combo with an ally; using them in the turn, discarding them, then bringing them back to go again, it's so satisfying haha

Justice Iron Man felt like the game was too easy, since threat literally didn't matter lol I don't have Ms. Marvel yet, so I can't fully access the Protection Iron Man archetype, but also, I am not drawn to that aspect and what it does as much as others.

17 minutes ago, Kaijudo said:

Oh I know you don't think Iron Man is OP, I meant the players in discord 🙂

People set in their ways aleady!? 😂 😂

I will probably make a Captain America deck soon, as well as Thor! I'm so excited to play with Thor next month haha

Also, thanks to everyone interacting and enjoying the video! My next one I just planned to be the same deck vs Expert Klaw.

Next weekend, I'll be recording some 2-player games, vs. the new Wrecking Crew.

If there's anything you'd like to see, let me know!

Here's my second video! A 2-player game against Risky Business.

She hulk is easily my favorite character in this game. And maybe its because I play her all the time but she seems way more powerful than everyone else! And she's fun with every aspect!

7 minutes ago, Damenwood said:

She hulk is easily my favorite character in this game. And maybe its because I play her all the time but she seems way more powerful than everyone else! And she's fun with every aspect!

I haven't played with her yet!

Hey all, here is my third video! A solo run against Risky Business with my Director Stark deck.

Apologies for the audio garble late in the video, I bought a new mic and am going to troubleshoot that issue before the next video.

Enjoy!

Are you on YouTube?

5 hours ago, Chudley said:

Are you on YouTube?

um, yes, these are my videos lol

12 hours ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

um, yes, these are my videos lol

I get that. But I cannot find them using “The Hall of Cards” in the search bar. Hence the question.

33 minutes ago, Chudley said:

I get that. But I cannot find them using “The Hall of Cards” in the search bar. Hence the question.

Sorry, I was confused lol didn't understand what you meant.

you will have to either use " " around the channel name, or filter your search results to "channel" and it'll be the top result. Unfortunately, I'm drowned out by a lot of "House of Cards" results and parodies haha

Edit: I should put my channel name in my video tags from now on. I'll go back and add it to the old ones! Maybe that will help!

Edited by manoftomorrow010
18 hours ago, Chudley said:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUgU6nIpwNlADThJKEDV3Pg

Didn't have to search. You can start watching any of the videos that are embedded in this thread, click "Youtube" on the bottom right, and then click the channel name.

A new episode is out!

This is me going in totally blind on Wrecking Crew, and with a different deck than past episodes, with Captain America (Leadership).

Enjoy!