RTL first time play

By cal72, in Road to Legend

Hello all ,

i want to start the RTL campaigns since i dont have much free time or anyone else to play really .

I have just played a few times the core game with a friend of mine . I have the core game , Lair of the Wurm , Labyrinh of Ruin and Shadow of Nerkhall .

Do you think its a good idea to enable all expansions right away or play with the base game a few times first ?

When i enable all expansions i have , do i have to shuffle all condition , shop items , travel cards etc from all expansions ?

I don't see why not, just enable all, it will add variety in monsters and gear to earn.

Yes you will need to keep all condition, monster and shop items near. The app will randomly select them.

Optionally, you can choose to enable an expansion each time you start a new campaign. This would give you some time to get to know the monsters/classes/heroes from the base game, before moving on. That would probably give you a more of a "classic" feeling and will not overwhelm you with too many new monsters/skills/classes at once.

On 2/9/2020 at 12:52 PM, cal72 said:

When i enable all expansions i have , do i have to shuffle all condition , shop items , travel cards etc from all expansions ?

Yeah, but that won't be a problem. If you have all the hero and monster packs the game can get unwieldy, it's a lot to sort through whenever the app wants something random. Where you are *shrug* I think you'll be fine and give the game a good chunk of diversity. Just make sure you've got your tiles organized so you aren't slowed down to much by the tile pile.

Thanks for the replies ,

i think i will start with Lair of the Wurm enabled and get used to the app , then i will add the rest .

I have some other questions also but i will leave them for later when i have some play time .

Like others have mentioned having your tiles and minis well organized is a must the more content you own. We use a cheap hanging file folder box for the tiles and some cheap Harbor freight boxes to organize all of the minis like below with everything clearly labeled. It takes a little time to organize but it's worth it we have all of the expansions including the monster and lieutenant packs and our setup time isn't bad at all.

https://www.harborfreight.com/20-bin-medium-portable-parts-storage-case-93928.html

https://www.staples.com/tru-red-portable-file-tote-letter-size-black-tr57622/product_24413998?cid=PS:GooglePLAs:24413998&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=24413998&KPID=24413998&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxui7lMSW6wIVEvDACh1qfgMPEAQYASABEgI_QfD_BwE

Edited by NickelPlate