Expansion Announcement Livestream

By SpiderMana, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

Yeah, those new roles and new character definitely open a lot of new options and variety to the game!

i defininitely wanna try Burglar Gandalf ;)

”Storm Crow, ill news”

On 1/30/2020 at 1:10 AM, General_Grievous said:

My wife and I just finished catching up to the last pack of LCG currently out and it's our favourite game, she kind of steers the gaming being my main partner for coops, and she expressed an interest now in this one so there is that.

How cool it must be to have a wife who's a gamer.

7 hours ago, Ywingscum said:

I’m taking stock of my paints, just plan to do some simple 3 or 4 colour jobs. The troll is already grey, so he’s already half done :)

What, no primer?

I've also got a wife who's a gamer. JiME is her favorite game. My daughter's favorite game is Mansions of Madness... she actually holds MoM parties every couple of months.

30 minutes ago, Vince79 said:

What, no primer?

It's so awesome. I'm the jealousy of my gaming groups having a hot South African wife who can wipe the floor with me in X-Wing, out-maniuplate me in Battlestar Galactica or just straight up out quest me in LOTR. Makes for great date nights since we have young kids and we are on essentially self-imposed house arrest until they are older haha.

Edited by General_Grievous
2 hours ago, Vince79 said:

What, no primer?

Not for my level of painting. I did primer spray on some armies. But my earlier paints didn’t use primer, and can’t really see any difference and they’ve aged well

10 minutes ago, Ywingscum said:

Not for my level of painting. I did primer spray on some armies. But my earlier paints didn’t use primer, and can’t really see any difference and they’ve aged well

Hmm, maybe I've just fallen for a sales pitch and have been manipulated by the paint people trying to drive up primer sales 🤔

—Wrong Subforum—

Edited by SpiderMana
On 1/31/2020 at 8:04 PM, Vince79 said:

Hmm, maybe I've just fallen for a sales pitch and have been manipulated by the paint people trying to drive up primer sales 🤔

Just painted Legolas and Elana last night. No primer, very enjoyable and turned out table presentable. Well good enough for my table anyway. I probably would be embarrassed to show Sorasto

50 minutes ago, Ywingscum said:

Just painted Legolas and Elana last night. No primer, very enjoyable and turned out table presentable. Well good enough for my table anyway. I probably would be embarrassed to show Sorasto

Do you varnish them? I always varnish my game minis since they might get handled a lot. Coat of gloss for protection covered by a coat of dull to take the shine off.

Edited by Vince79
33 minutes ago, Vince79 said:

Do you varnish them? I always varnish my game minis since they might get handled a lot. Coat of gloss for protection covered by a coat of dull to take the shine off.

I’ve done that with miniature war games. I didn’t with these. I just used a brown was on skin instead of painting the skin. Worked well enough I didn’t even have to paint the faces. The wash gives the appearance the face is painted haha