2020 VWC Game Reporting Thread

By BiggsIRL, in Star Wars: Armada Battle Reports

POD E?

187-Leon vs GK

I was 1st player. We did Fleet Ambush. It was evil. Double reds happened. Mistakes were made. Close to tabling.

228-238 6-5 to GK (MOV 10)

@BrobaFett and I will be Monday the 20th at 1130 Eastern, 0830 Pacific.

I think me and @187-Leon should have a prize for first game.

First kill of VWC20: his Vader Goz

First real ship dead: my Onager

All in all not a great trade for me...

First squad killed: a nameless TIE... seven more followed...

Your prize is a single upvote - from me. Congratulations!

1 hour ago, Green Knight said:

POD E?

187-Leon vs GK

I was 1st player. We did Fleet Ambush. It was evil. Double reds happened. Mistakes were made. Close to tabling.

228-238 6-5 to GK (MOV 10)

Updated the spreadsheet. GAMES ARE HAPPENING.

Pod F
1st player
Karneck

2nd Player
Duck bird

Karneck scored 256 and Duckbird scored 192 for MOV 64 - 7-4

Karneck was 1st player and picked Precision Strike

It was a donkey of a game.

POD B

1st Player
MandalorianMoose

2nd Player
Keskai

Contested Outpost was played.

MandalorianMoose scored 400, Keskai scored 53 for MOV 10-1

I went against my better judgement and picked to go second. The game was decided from there. It was over by round 3. I am quickly gaining a healthy respect for the Onagers damage output.

Pod G?

Roquax defeats OutboundFlight
400 vs 242
Roquax was First Player and selected Hyperspace Migration

Pod G

jp82729 vs TigerKommandant

jp82729 wins 208 to 107 (MOV 101)

I gave him first player and we played my abandoned mining facility. He ended up scoring more points off my objective, but some hot dice and a helpful space whale finished off Warlord on the last turn.

Edited by jp82729

Logfiles!!!

You know that not posting logfiles is the number 1 reason for bad dice luck!

Say no to not providing logfiles!

POD E

GreenSquad3 vs GK

I was 1st player (again - who needs a bid? lol). We did Infested Fields. It didn't hurt me too bad, but I lost 3 TIEs bc I'm a noob and didn't know squads get activated when eaten at.

Onager spent a lot of time at speed 0, doing some good damage vs Ackbar's twin cruisers. Limped away with 1 hull. ISD swept in from the flank. But the game breaker was Ackbar miscalculating just a bit and landing off-table in round 5.

So what could have been really close was a big win for me.

54-445 10-1 to GK (MOV 391)

Edited by Green Knight

POD B

Chavo v Sam

Chavo took second and gave me first player. I chose his rift ambush, it being the least bad option. Most obstacles and mines went in the center of the board towards my side, with the GSR token in range of all of them and G7 locking down the left hand side of my deployment area. I deployed far right and full speed ahead. Obstacles were moved and he created a wall of dust fields to hide behind, but the rest of the obstacles and mines were in the way if he wanted to stay behind them. I rushed full steam ahead with the Onager and took some bombers to the face from his quasar, but my counterstrike was able to take out Maarek and a phantom before locking down mauler. Fleets continued to approach each other with Corvus landing on a mine and rock from the rifts compulsory move. Onager was able to kill the flotilla blocker with a non-ignition double arc and turned in towards the Dictor, which was getting softened up by squads. Top of turn 3 saw the Onager kill the wounded Dictor before lining up the shot on the Quasar for next round, killing it and ending the game turn 4.

Final Score 400-9 to me

Thanks to a great opponent and best of luck in the rest of the tournament!

Pod of hawks

Aresuis V Irishmadcat ends with Aresuis winning 163 to 75

We played station assault

His fighter cover wiped mine out apart from a y-wing

Aresuis was second player

Video here:

Edited by Irishmadcat
7 hours ago, Darth Veggie said:

Logfiles!!!

You know that not posting logfiles is the number 1 reason for bad dice luck!

Say no to not providing logfiles!

Do videos work instead?

19 hours ago, MandalorianMoose said:

POD B

Chavo v Sam

Chavo took second and gave me first player. I chose his rift ambush, it being the least bad option. Most obstacles and mines went in the center of the board towards my side, with the GSR token in range of all of them and G7 locking down the left hand side of my deployment area. I deployed far right and full speed ahead. Obstacles were moved and he created a wall of dust fields to hide behind, but the rest of the obstacles and mines were in the way if he wanted to stay behind them.

I have never had longer or more cognitively intensive setup. This was a great game with a very talented player.
Also, I have the first half-ish of the game on log file. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GRLY8aEldaHIi63FPa95nRBOMmbKVKmF

Edited by ChavoGuerrero
Adding the Log I forgot about. Maybe no more games right after class for me...

POD B

Rasp v Sam

Rasp took second and I chose his most wanted. Rasp deployed conservatively denying anything but a red range, non-romodi shot into his Onager turn 1 to soften it up for my squads. Turn 2 my Onager wasn't able to secure the kill on his, meaning I took an 8 damage IO backed shot in return. I burned the brace and moved forward, still avoiding range of his Arqs. Rasp ended up moving one of his arqs into my ignition arc at black range, setting it up for a whallop next turn. Squads finished off the Onager and then began working on the rightmost arq. Top of turn 3 the Onager sniped the right Arq and started pumping into the left Arq, which squads and a Romodi quasar then finished off. Turn 4 the Onager killed the last remaining most wanted flotilla and chucked some dice at the Gladiator which the squads headed toward. Turn 5 the Gladiator took an Onager non-ignition double arq and was then finished off by squads after it blapped the Vader gozanti. Final score 423-26.

Thank you for the tense game, and good luck in the rest of the tournament dude!

First one done with POD play, take that @Green Knight !

11 minutes ago, MandalorianMoose said:

POD B

Rasp v Sam

Rasp took second and I chose his most wanted. Rasp deployed conservatively denying anything but a red range, non-romodi shot into his Onager turn 1 to soften it up for my squads. Turn 2 my Onager wasn't able to secure the kill on his, meaning I took an 8 damage IO backed shot in return. I burned the brace and moved forward, still avoiding range of his Arqs. Rasp ended up moving one of his arqs into my ignition arc at black range, setting it up for a whallop next turn. Squads finished off the Onager and then began working on the rightmost arq. Top of turn 3 the Onager sniped the right Arq and started pumping into the left Arq, which squads and a Romodi quasar then finished off. Turn 4 the Onager killed the last remaining most wanted flotilla and chucked some dice at the Gladiator which the squads headed toward. Turn 5 the Gladiator took an Onager non-ignition double arq and was then finished off by squads after it blapped the Vader gozanti. Final score 423-26.

Thank you for the tense game, and good luck in the rest of the tournament dude!

First one done with POD play, take that @Green Knight !

I refuse to be baited @MandalorianMoose I merely arranged it so the last POD member doesn't reply to PMs, to give ya all a chance to catch up.

On 1/17/2020 at 1:10 AM, Irishmadcat said:

Do videos work instead?

That works. At least with red dice luck. But do not complain, if you do not get those precious black crits!

Spreadsheet updated through here.

Check it for mistakes please.

Edited by BiggsIRL

POD D : Truthiness vs CyborgNinja

1st Player: CyborgNinja (chosen on roll off)

Objective: Infested (with scary giant worms) Fields

Final Score: CyborgNinja wins 269-159 (110 MOV)

CyborgNinja's Losses: Yavaris , Bright Hope , Tycho, Gold Squadron

Truthiness's Losses: Both CR90's, Hammerhead, all squads

Some match highlights

A. We both managed to use Cham - Yavaris lost all its squad commands early on, then Mon Karren got stuck repairing and couldn't chase down Cracken's flagship.
B. The Exogarths were particularly cruel to Truthiness's squads, with a couple really inconvenient chomps during the match (including one that stopped Lando from killing the generic Nebulon-B that very much deserved to be dead).

Start of Round 1 (plus a couple ships): - Where Tycho sneaks in for a token and everything runs from Mon Karren

qqZj97C.jpg

Midway Through Round 3: - Where both Nebs get torched, Yavaris loses its squadding, and Truthiness's HH and CR90 go down

qcnEMDd.jpg

Round 5: - Where Lando just misssed getting to kill the 1 hull Neb and the Hammerhead ExRacks the CR90 and Cham's the Liberty

d3PTMGz.jpg

Edited by CyborgNinja

Pod H

LTD vs Cael

LTD has bid, chooses second. Cael chooses Planetary Ion Cannon.

The Ackbar Corvette Conga line goes to work with the rogues providing valuable assistance. Logfile: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iZpH71uhOToKk8YXfaita2wIrBuPG1kd

End result is Cael tabled with ISD flying off board in turn 6 to avoid being shot to pieces by Ackbar's Corvette.

LTD: 400

Cael: 43 (Bright Hope with Toryn Far, 1 YT2400)

10/1 to LTD.

A good game! Onwards to victory!

POD A
RapidReload vs L3ct3r

L3ct3r has Bid, chooses Second, we play Jamming Barrier.

Squadrons deploy opposite one another, the Starhawk slightly angled to the right, the MC30s far to the left hoping to get to the SHs backside.

Turn 3, Squadrons engage, the most expensive Bright Hope in history provides support for L3ct3r's squads, but outnumbered they go down round 5 (due to bad dice on both sides). In the meantime Mart Mattin puts down Mine cover that the MC30s fly around, as a result the first ship-to-ship shots (not counting a nice shot against Bright Hope) happen turn 5 as Admo turned in sharply and double side arced the Starhawk while hitting a mine that was very accurate but sadly not damaging. I choose to allow the shot to instead finish off the Squads and Bright Hope with a Flotilla activation. Admo jumps over the Starhawk having done some damage, but getting double Salvos in return, as well as an obstructed side arc and some shots by Lando and friends. First activation of turn 6, I choose to deny Admo's Double Arc on my Toryn Farr Flotilla rather then getting some extra damage in with the Starhawk, as Admo would die anyway if one of two YT2400s hit with their black dice. They of course do not, Admo survives, result:

143:44 for RapidReload (7:4).

Fun game and nice opponent.

Edited by RapidReload
10 hours ago, RapidReload said:

[...]

144:43 for RapidReload (7:4).

[...]

I think this shoud be a 8:3.