Under the Ash Mountains

By stimpaksam, in The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

I didn't think the next contract would be single sided. It'll be fun to see the decks that use it. 50 different cards by title?!

Edited by stimpaksam

Dang it, I really wanted to see that Dunedain ally.

Interesting... according the pack description here we're getting another visit from Tom Bombadil.

Probably good contract for solo Saruman.

8 minutes ago, stimpaksam said:

Interesting... according the pack description here we're getting another visit from Tom Bombadil.

Looks like they mistakenly used the description from wrath and ruin.

1 minute ago, Onidsen said:

Looks like they mistakenly used the description from wrath and ruin.

Lol, they sure did. I feel dumb.

5 minutes ago, stimpaksam said:

Lol, they sure did. I feel dumb.

Don't be. They should.

This cycle looks pretty interesting. I'd be more excited if the first pack had actually made its way to the UK!

Looks like we are getting a new palantír. And who is on the contract next to Galadriel? Elrond is said to be dark haired.

59 minutes ago, Amicus Draconis said:

Looks like we are getting a new palantír. And who is on the contract next to Galadriel? Elrond is said to be dark haired.

Celeborn?

I am thankful that they have rounded out the master cards in spheres. The last two packs might return to neutral.

Theres surprisingly a lot of doom. I'm not overly impressed, but I am thankful that Saruman has more events to work with. With defiant challenge, saruman and his staff... you get to ready him, another hero (plus any other one character controlled by each player), all for one threat. Not a bad combo.

I'm glad also that they released this hero, so the last two will be total surprises. (I mean we know its Wilyador and Spirit aragorn but we will pretend otherwise).

Love the guarded card. Might be one of the best ones.

Overall solid pack.

mec81_card_stone-of-elostirion.png mec81_card_odo-proudfoot.png mec81_card_well-preserved.png

mec81_card_reckless-attack.png mec81_card_defiant-challenge.png

So people can easily see all the other cards spoiled in this announcement.

Is there any info on that Dunedin ally ability?

1 hour ago, Nickpes said:

Not yet from what I've seen. My guess is he acts like the Dwarven Sellsword. He's super cheap with great stats but has a forced effect like: discard Northern Bowmaster from play unless you are engaged with an enemy. My guess is he's also ranged.

2 hours ago, Nickpes said:

My quess is: normal costed ally:

Ranged
You can play (this ally) form your discard pile if you are engaged with an enemy.

Edited by OlorinCZ
added ranged

The power creep of the cards in this cicle is not a creep anymore, is a leap!

Please remind me, as I am forgetful. Does reducing the Doomed 2 card to Doomed 0 with Saruman's stuff still counts as playing a card with printed doomed for the purpose of readying him?

1 hour ago, John Constantine said:

Please remind me, as I am forgetful. Does reducing the Doomed 2 card to Doomed 0 with Saruman's stuff still counts as playing a card with printed doomed for the purpose of readying him?

It does

Edited by Yepesnopes
3 minutes ago, Yepesnopes said:

It does

Yay!

Amazing! I usually prefer to run decks with only one copy of each card already for variety so this contract is right up my ally, and cool to see one focused on events as I feel like they are the weakest cards out of the the three (allies and attachments are a bit more permanent) also great contract and some sweet new cards for Saruman for sure. Nice to see another guarded attachment too.

So the 3rd AP is announced and yet the 1st AP still isn't available in the UK. Shambles.

On 1/10/2020 at 12:04 AM, TwiceBorn said:

Celeborn?

Celeborn has silver hair, as indicated by his name: celeb means silver in sindarin.

6 minutes ago, mttrchrds said:

So the 3rd AP is announced and yet the 1st AP still isn't available in the UK. Shambles.

Hate to pour salt in the wound but this is actually the 4th pack.

2 minutes ago, player3351457 said:

Hate to pour salt in the wound but this is actually the 4th pack.

😄 you have to laugh, or you'd cry.

Sorry state of affairs.