SWSheets - Under New Stewardship

By sparker, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

1 minute ago, duffn said:

Thanks for the comment! I'm glad it's helpful.

There wasn't anything major in yesterday's release, but there were a number of small tweaks like this.

I (and I presume others) would appreciate a changelog of any features you add/change. Would you please consider that?

(if there is already a spot for a changelog, I don't know anything about it, so please enlighten me)

8 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I (and I presume others) would appreciate a changelog of any features you add/change. Would you please consider that?

(if there is already a spot for a changelog, I don't know anything about it, so please enlighten me)

There are indeed changelogs: https://github.com/swsheets/swsheets/releases

Though after looking at these, they are a bit technical, of course. I think I'll perhaps put up a blog post for each release, highlighting the big changes and then whomever would like can dig into the detailed changelog from there.

Edited by duffn

Here's the the post on yesterday's release: https://blog.swsheets.com/release-v2.1.0/

I'll try to keep up with these for major releases, highlighting important changes.

Minor release https://blog.swsheets.com/release-v2.2.0

There's not much to speak about here, expect for the fact that a user submitted code to fix a bug! That is indeed very exciting and certainly helps improve the site.

Don't hesitate to report a bug if you see it or if you want to jump in and help with code please do. Either is very much always appreciated!

Thanks Sean! https://swsheets.com/u/sean

Not sure if I just never noticed it before or if something changed, but now that I've seen it I can't unsee it. The boxes for the Characters and Vehicles on the "My Creations" page are slightly different heights, so the farther down the list you go, the greater the disparity. Might not bother anyone else, but it's pretty bad for me. ๐Ÿ˜œ

12 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Not sure if I just never noticed it before or if something changed, but now that I've seen it I can't unsee it. The boxes for the Characters and Vehicles on the "My Creations" page are slightly different heights, so the farther down the list you go, the greater the disparity. Might not bother anyone else, but it's pretty bad for me. ๐Ÿ˜œ

Thanks, Iโ€™ll take a look!

21 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Yes, that is indeed annoying! Tracking here: https://github.com/swsheets/swsheets/issues/217

By the way, feature idea that has probably been brought up before. +/- buttons for HT and SS? Whoops nevermind, just saw that you added them. Thanks!

Would you consider adding +/- buttons for Defense and Current Speed as well? Less important, but it would be useful for shifting around Defense points or to easily adjust how fast the ship is going.

Also, would you please change "Engaged" range on the Ship Sheet to "Close"?

6 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

By the way, feature idea that has probably been brought up before. +/- buttons for HT and SS? Whoops nevermind, just saw that you added them. Thanks!

Would you consider adding +/- buttons for Defense and Current Speed as well? Less important, but it would be useful for shifting around Defense points or to easily adjust how fast the ship is going.

Also, would you please change "Engaged" range on the Ship Sheet to "Close"?

A good suggestion and a bug that needs fixing. Thanks. Tracking

Would you please add a thing for Signature Abilities? It would be similar to the way you do Force Powers.

3 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Would you please add a thing for Signature Abilities? It would be similar to the way you do Force Powers.

๐Ÿ‘

Tracking: https://github.com/swsheets/swsheets/issues/222

This is something I've noticed before, but it never really bothered me, so I didn't bring it up until I was reminded today.

The panels beneath "Attacks" when you are in the editing screen are ordered Credits; Encumbrance; Available XP; Total XP, but when you save, they are ordered Available XP; Total XP; Credits; Encumbrance. (basically, 1234-3412)

25 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

This is something I've noticed before, but it never really bothered me, so I didn't bring it up until I was reminded today.

The panels beneath "Attacks" when you are in the editing screen are ordered Credits; Encumbrance; Available XP; Total XP, but when you save, they are ordered Available XP; Total XP; Credits; Encumbrance. (basically, 1234-3412 )

Indeed! Good catch.

https://github.com/swsheets/swsheets/issues/223

Iโ€™m curious โ€” where do we track Force Rank on these sheets?

and how do we track XP cost of the various skills, talents, and powers?

9 hours ago, bradknowles said:

Iโ€™m curious โ€” where do we track Force Rank on these sheets?

Force Rating is just above the section for Force Powers.

9 hours ago, bradknowles said:

and how do we track XP cost of the various skills, talents, and powers?

In the "Notes" section. You just have to tally it by hand.

@duffn , could you consider adding an option to copy a character someone else built? That would make it much easier to share characters. For example, for my in person game, we've moved to Discord because of COVID, but I'm the GM and the one with all the character sheets. I want to be able to type up the sheets and send them to my players, who can copy them down and edit the fields themselves without having to write everything down again. This would apply in other situations as well, but this is what made my decide to finally bring it up.

Another thing that I think might be listed already, but I'm not sure, is to have a way to save others' characters for future reference without having to bookmark it or ask them to send you a link. Perhaps adding a new page for "saved characters" on the header next to "my creations"?

On 4/3/2020 at 11:34 AM, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@duffn , could you consider adding an option to copy a character someone else built? That would make it much easier to share characters. For example, for my in person game, we've moved to Discord because of COVID, but I'm the GM and the one with all the character sheets. I want to be able to type up the sheets and send them to my players, who can copy them down and edit the fields themselves without having to write everything down again. This would apply in other situations as well, but this is what made my decide to finally bring it up.

Another thing that I think might be listed already, but I'm not sure, is to have a way to save others' characters for future reference without having to bookmark it or ask them to send you a link. Perhaps adding a new page for "saved characters" on the header next to "my creations"?

A variation of that, which might be more appropriate, is if itโ€™s possible to create a โ€œpoolโ€ of characters for a play group, that everyone in that group can access and update An example being a pool of NPCs for a campaign where the players take turns as GM.

Just now, Tramp Graphics said:

A variation of that, which might be more appropriate, is if itโ€™s possible to create a โ€œpoolโ€ of characters for a play group, that everyone in that group can access and update An example being a pool of NPCs for a campaign where the players take turns as GM.

Yes, definitely.

On 4/3/2020 at 9:34 AM, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Yes! I've been tracking both already. https://github.com/swsheets/swsheets/issues/37 and https://github.com/swsheets/swsheets/issues/32 .

Though, I'll readily admit that work on SWSheets and The Outer Rim has been very slow recently due to changes in my personal circumstances surrounding the current state of the world. I hope that things will normalize for me soon and I can get back to working on these projects.