Imperial Advisor’s Rise of Skywalker Spoilers, Triva, and Canon,  Disney+ on May 4th

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in X-Wing Off-Topic

It Begins ...

This will be a SLOW burn. I’ve only seen the movie twice so far and I want folks on the forum to get to see the movie first.

50cb2uv7obv41.jpg

The Rise of Skywalker coming to Disney+ on May 4th.

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

Opening Crawl

EPISODE IX THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

The dead speak! The galaxy has heard a mysterious broadcast, a threat of REVENGE in the sinister voice of the late EMPEROR PALPATINE .

GENERAL LEIA ORGANA dispatches secret agents to gather intelligence, while REY, the last hope of the Jedi, trains for battle against the diabolical FIRST ORDER.

Meanwhile, Supreme Leader KYLO REN rages in search of the phantom Emperor, determined to destroy any threat to his power ...

Jedi voices we hear

Luke Skywalker/Mark Hamill

Princess Leia Organa Solo/Carrie Fisher

Anakin Skywalker/Hayden Christiansen

Luminara Unduli/Olivia D'abo

Ahsoka Tano/Ashley Eckstein

Aayla Secura/Jennifer Hale

Mace Windu/Samuel L. Jackson

Obi-Wan Kenobi/Sir Alec Guinness and Ewan McGregor

Yoda/Frank Oz

Adi Gallia/Angelique Perrin

Kanan Jarrus/Freddie Prinze Jr.

Qui-Gon Jinn/Liam Neeson

Jabba the Hutt/George Lucas

ok I made the last one up

Rey’s parents are not named.

I’m sure that will soon be Disneyfied.

Here are most of the named officers, pilots, and characters who we may see (or updated) in Armada, Legion Imperial Assault 😢 and X-Wing.

Allegiant General Pryde

General Hux

General Wedge Antilles

Admiral Griss

General Quinn

General Engell

General Parnadee

Colonel * Aftab Ackbar

Commander D’acy

Commander Trach

Lt. Connix

Lt. Garan

Lt. Draper

Snap Wexley

Officer Kandia

Pilot Tyce

Pilot Vanik

Beaumont

Boolio

Oma Tres - portrayed by John Williams ! This is INSANe Scum players got John Williams !!!!

D-0 - voiced by JJ Abrams

*In other media Aftab is given the rank of General

No Nien Numb?

Does this mean Ahsoka is dead? Do we know that for sure? Off-screen and unacknowledged?

boo!

No Ezra though, so yay!

2 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

No Nien Numb?

He is most definitely there but not sure if he gets a new card.

6dfm0c4ebo541.jpg

It’s Canon

1 minute ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

Does this mean Ahsoka is dead? Do we know that for sure? Off-screen and unacknowledged?

She’s a voice, and I listened for her on my second viewing (and yes used my iPhone to record the voices).

Full disclosure. I left my iPhone next to a speaker to record dialogue about 3/4 of the movie on my second viewing.

90omamop5n541.png

What’s the plural for Snokes?

3 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

90omamop5n541.png

What’s the plural for Snokes?

Paperweights.

2 minutes ago, KCDodger said:

Paperweights.

Pauper Wights

21 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Oma Tres - portrayed by John Williams ! This is INSANe Scum players got John Williams !!!!

I just realized it, Oma Tres is an anagram for MAESTRO!

Which he most certainly is!

o932wjinjr541.gif

‘Star Wars: Rise Of Skywalker’ Is on track for a $460M+ Global Box Office Opening

Confirmation that was Wicket and not a random Ewok 🤦🏻‍♂️

t5l8gl97um541.png

I kept looking for Hera in the background at the after party. The Ghost was like the third ship to land, prominently visible. Anyone spot her?

Did you guys catch the mention of 42 ?

2 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

I kept looking for Hera in the background at the after party. The Ghost was like the third ship to land, prominently visible. Anyone spot her?

Not in two viewings and no end credit. Some of the extras in last scene must have been crew.

Which is fine but the ‘acting’ made my teeth hurt a little.

7 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Did you guys catch the mention of 42 ?

Star Wars (A New Hope) was released on May 25, 1977.

That’s 42 years ago.

Hey, you as lore master: What is up with the sith fleet? Where was it from 20BBY to now? I'm sure you've read the Thrawn novels which are to a large degree about the conflict between the Defender and the Stardust projects. This and other such conflicts are mentioned in other places, too.

Doesn't the fleet of thousands of planet destroying star destroyers, apparently operated without much crew, make all those stories a bit... pointless?

I believe that they just finished assembling that fleet.

That would be ridiculously stupid though.

Again the Thrawn books: he deduces the DeathStar from the transport of resources. No I am certainly no Thrawn, but using your hidden planet to assemble a huge fleet of Star Destroyers, all underground , while also developping new tech for the cannon with out getting noticed by anyone? Really? All the transports that have to go through this weird thing (a wormhole?) to get there and nobody ever noticed? Or is there a normal way instead? That again nobody noticed.

Keep in mind that even Rey's books knew about the planet, just not the location. You'd expect that someone had been on that for centuries and failed. But a ton of transports could just... go?