Yaimpar be te Bes'uliik OOC

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

Please make an Average Perception check with 4 Setback and an Average Knowledge (Education) check (no Setback). The characters can assist each other on this, and the VTs add a Boost.

Kebiin Perception : 2eA+1eB+2eD+4eS 1 success, 1 threat
a-s-s.png a-s-s.png b-a.png d-f.png d-th-th.png s-f.png s-f.png s--.png s--.png

omgomgomg.. a success!

Kebiin Knowlage : 2eA+2eP+1eB+2eD 1 success
a-a.png a-a.png p-a-a.png p-s.png b--.png d-th-th.png d-th-th.png

....and one success... sigh.. atleast they did their homework on this.. 😄

They notice a cleverly disguised hatch a few yards past the edge of the crater. The Threat will come in later.

Upon closer examination, Kebiin thinks that the crater is actually a cave-in, not an impact crater.

So this is an underground base? I don't suppose the sensor package on the tug can scan under the surface?

The sensors on the tug can, but the readings are spotty. It is registering underground tunnels and gaps. If you're looking for specific information, ask and I'll see what can be answered, what needs a check, etc.

..hmmm... we'll start with structure around the 'entrance' and how much is still reading as open, not collapsed. We'll try and get a map of what we can.. Oh, and life-signs too..

(then I think scan the area for oddities, traps, defenses..)

3 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

..hmmm... we'll start with structure around the 'entrance' and how much is still reading as open, not collapsed. We'll try and get a map of what we can.. Oh, and life-signs too..

(then I think scan the area for oddities, traps, defenses..)

The "entrance" being the area where you are now?

Go ahead and make an Average Computers check. I'm going to flip a DP to upgrade it once (1eC+1eD).

Kebiin Computers : 2eA+2eP+1eC+1eD 3 successes, 2 advantage
a-a.png a-s.png p-s-a.png p-s-a.png c-th.png d--.png

Were Not Worthy Waynes World GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

The ship's sensors are powerful enough to make some sense of the underground web:
Life signs: No life signs nearby. A few in various areas, but the immediate area is clear.
Structure around the "entrance": There is a relatively small cavern almost directly below you, and you're picking up readings of processed metals (meaning durasteel and stuff, not ores). It is pretty much isolated, but backs up next to the cave-in.
"Map" of the area: You now have a holomap of the area that you can use to help navigate around. It isn't perfect, but it'll help you navigate around more easily. Adding to the confusion is the various random tunnels under the surface, confusing the GPR readings. Most of it is tunnels, some that look more man-made than others, but every so often there are bigger caverns that may be rooms.
Traps: You are reading undetonated explosives in the cavern right below you.

If you'd like, I'll work on a general map of the area to be filled in and "cleaned up" as you explore.

yes please :D

Just now, RuusMarev said:

yes please :D

I'll see what I can cook up...

Might take a while. XD

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I'll see what I can cook up...

Might take a while. XD

Serves you right, GM! ;) :D :D

Okay, added it to the google sheet we used for Tales from the Fringe: Chrellis Recusant
Important notes: Not to scale. Not everything is precisely placed or to scale, this is just to give you a general idea of layout. The light gray circles are notable or suspicious craters. I wasn't going to spam gray circles everywhere, so I just put down the notable ones. I also didn't draw out any of the tunnel systems, as that would get very complicated

Posting this on the front page as well.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt

doesn't open.. I don't know if its the computer I'm using..?

1 minute ago, RuusMarev said:

doesn't open.. I don't know if its the computer I'm using..?

Ermm... I'm having trouble now too (and it's my own thing!). I'll see what I can do.

Should be working now. Not sure what happened.

ok. I see it.... is 'sensors' where we are now? there isn't any area map of that section, is there? (I'm guessing the boxes are debris field? anything useful?)

ok. I see it.... is 'sensors' where we are now? there isn't any area map of that section, is there? (I'm guessing the boxes are debris field? anything useful?)

Sensors is where you are now.

What do you mean by "area map"?

No, those are underground cavern contacts, not debris fields.

5 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Sensors is where you are now.

What do you mean by "area map"?

I thought there was going to be lines noting where the sensor tunnels were

No, those are underground cavern contacts, not debris fields.

are those where the Vynocks were, or are they unexplored?

I thought there was going to be lines noting where the sensor tunnels were

I didn't list the tunnel systems as that would get pretty complicated. Also, the tender's sensors picked up tunnels and some bigger caverns, but the smaller gaps (tunnels) are less decipherable and reliable because of their smaller size.

3 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

are those where the Vynocks were, or are they unexplored?

They are unexplored. The Vynocks were in tunnels.

2 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I didn't list the tunnel systems as that would get pretty complicated. Also, the tender's sensors picked up tunnels and some bigger caverns, but the smaller gaps (tunnels) are less decipherable and reliable because of their smaller size.

ok.

They are unexplored. The Vynocks were in tunnels.

are they worth exploring? :)

I suppose K&T will investigate the entrance to the sensor bunker, see what is operational/repairable.. or salvageable.

(is this a place they could establish a base/manufacture facility or are you going to have the Imperials chase us away? ;) :) :D )

((If we're keeping it, Kebiin will get as much of the sensors up as an early warning system, and get the wreck livable as we we get the Besuliik prototype situated.))

I suppose K&T will investigate the entrance to the sensor bunker, see what is operational/repairable.. or salvageable.

Okay. With the Threat, it's a Hard Athletics check to open the hatch. Alternatively, you'll need something like a Fusion Cutter. The VTs add 2 Boost, and the assistance from the other PC adds a third Boost.

2 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

(is this a place they could establish a base/manufacture facility or are you going to have the Imperials chase us away? ;) :) :D )

An eventuality that absolutely never crossed my mind! :D
It's a fixer-upper, but they could set up a base of sorts here if they had a mind to.

3 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

It's a fixer-upper, but they could set up a base of sorts here if they had a mind to.

CADE INTENSIFIES.. BASE-MODE ACTIVATE!

1?ui=2&ik=28ecab7d4c&attid=0.4&permmsgid

Yep, it's stuck. You'll have to find another way around or cut through. It's military-grade plating, so your blaster won't hardly be able to scratch it.