Imperial Assault Tools - List Builder, Card Editor, more...

By Bitterman, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

Download the Imperial Assault Tools Suite here!

The Imperial Assault Tools Suite is a collection of Windows apps, including:

Imperial Assault Skirmish List Builder

- Build your Skirmish lists from all the official Deployment and Command cards.
- Intelligently filters out cards you can't take (such as Rebel cards in an Imperial list).
- Export to images, PDF (various options), Word, or the Tabletop Admiral web app.
- Lots of cool little features to help you build your lists; for example five-star ratings for Command cards.
- And more!

example_4_list_builder_UI.png

Rebellion-Spectre-Cell.png

Imperial Assault Skirmish List Organizer

- Keep track of all your skirmish lists; just tell it which folder to look in.
- At-a-glance view of what each list contains.
- Tag and filter lists.
- Export multiple lists into the same PDF.
- And more!

example_5_list_organizer_UI.png

Imperial Assault Card Editor

- Make your own completely custom (deep breath) Deployment, Command, Skirmish, Hero, Agenda, Side Mission, Reward/Class, Equipment, Companion, Condition, or Form cards!
- Start from scratch or clone existing cards.
- Insert special Imperial Assault symbols using <tags>.
- Export cards as images. Print one or more cards at the right size.
- And more!

example_1_card_editor_UI.png

Deployment_Card_Empire_Mara_Jade_The_Emp

Hero_Alys_Devran_Healthy_custom.png

Imperial Assault Card Viewer

- Not big, not clever: just lets you view entire sets of cards at once.

Imperial-Assault-Card-Viewer.png

...and more to come!

The tools suite is under active (if irregular) development, and I plan to add even more useful stuff to it at some point (including a Mission Editor, Campaign Tracker and Dice/Stats App). Check back occasionally for new features!

One more time - download the Imperial Assault Tools Suite here!

P.S. No, the tools suite does not work on web, Linux, MacOS nor anything other than Windows. No, it never will. Sorry.

P.P.S. If you use this tool, and like it, and felt like you wanted to make some kind of concrete recognition for the work that went into it, you can now send me money by PayPal ... if you want. No pressure.

(Reposting as the previous thread mysteriously vanished without explanation .)

Edited by Bitterman

I really like this tool, and it has been a great help to my project, Empire's Fall

It's a blast designing stuff like this, much thanks to Bitterman for making this for us.

Pleased to announce a new feature!

• Skirmish List Builder now supports the ability to add custom Deployment or Command cards, previously made with the Card Editor.

So now you can get more use out of your creativity and hard work... design your cards, and now play skirmish games with them too!

Deployment-Card-Empire-Mara-Jade-The-Emp Command-Card-Force-Projection-custom.png Empire-The-Emperor-and-his-Hand.png

Just a heads up that I've spent the last couple of days churning through a whole lot of minor bugs, tweaks, and improvements. There's not much to really call out as a big new feature or even anything very exciting that's visible to the user, but it's now more stable and working better internally than ever before. I therefore recommend you grab the latest version from the usual place , just so you're up to date.

In fact, I've reached the point where (unless some emergency fix is necessary) future updates won't extend the existing apps in the tools suite, so much as add new apps entirely. (In some order: map editor, dice/stats, campaign tracker, web version). That'll take quite a bit of sustained effort to get done, so I make no guarantees when it's likely to happen. Or even if, come to that - we all know the forum (and community generally) is basically comatose these days, so the motivation to keep adding new stuff is unsurprisingly low. But maybe. We'll see. Until then, grab it as it is now, and have fun with it.

Edited by Bitterman

Do you know how to run this app on a Mac using Wine or some other app? I've used this tools suite a ton on my PC and love it, but I am going back to school now and won't have my PC with me. I would love to be able to continue using it. Ik you said there will never be Mac support, I'm just wondering if you or anyone knows of a work around? Either way, thanks for this terrific tool!

On 1/3/2020 at 11:41 AM, Bitterman said:

In some order: map editor,

I'd love to see a map editor sometime in the future! Please do keep up the good work! And if you need motivation(AKA signs that the community isn't just a corpse) You should join the Zions Finest Slack, we have some interesting discussions there, and they keep me hyped for anything IA.

Posting this again cuz moderators aren't approving first one for some reason...

Do you know how to run this app on a Mac using Wine or some other app? I've used this tools suite a ton on my PC and love it, but I am going back to school now and won't have my PC with me. I would love to be able to continue using it. Ik you said there will never be Mac support, I'm just wondering if you or anyone knows of a work around? Either way, thanks for this terrific tool!

On 1/11/2020 at 3:20 AM, rainmaker23 said:

Posting this again cuz moderators aren't approving first one for some reason...

Do you know how to run this app on a Mac using Wine or some other app?

Good news, your posts just both showed up. 😄

Bad news, I know nothing about Mac, Wine, or making this or any other app run on Mac. Wouldn't even know where to begin. Sorry.

7 hours ago, Bitterman said:

Good news, your posts just both showed up. 😄

Bad news, I know nothing about Mac, Wine, or making this or any other app run on Mac. Wouldn't even know where to begin. Sorry.

Ah ok, I understand. If you ever made the web version, it would work with Mac, right? Since it's in browser?

5 hours ago, rainmaker23 said:

Ah ok, I understand. If you ever made the web version, it would work with Mac, right? Since it's in browser?

If that ever happens, yes. Wouldn't hold your breath waiting, though.

On 1/14/2020 at 2:39 AM, Bitterman said:

If that ever happens, yes. Wouldn't hold your breath waiting, though.

Yep I understand, you've done more than enough already! Thanks dude!

Really cool tool. Thanks.

Some minor bug fixes and new features, including a Suggestions tab in the Skirmish List Builder. Available from the usual place .

First of all, great tool! I've had so much fun creating some deployment cards for my own custom campaign

Had some custom deployments cards made for a while now- just wanted to get some opinions on this one Deployment Card - Empire - General Grievous, Jedi Hunter.iadc

This is completely amazing. Good Job.

What I would like to see is mercenary or neutral hero sheet. I'm making custom homebrew content and could really use it.

Something like this:

1419856957_HeroSheetMerc.png.a2e56c648a82babeece2a259ca40c1d3.png

Edited by Grruberr

Thank you @Bitterman !

Using this tool saved me a lot of time!

Do you plan to include the shapeshifter mechanic sometimes?

Glad you're finding it useful.

No plans to do anything more with shapeshifters I'm afraid - it's too niche to be worthwhile, sorry.

On 3/8/2020 at 5:50 PM, Grruberr said:

What I would like to see is mercenary or neutral hero sheet. I'm making custom homebrew content and could really use it.

I chose not to spend time on that, sorry, because the mercenary figures that are playable as heroes (Onar Koma, Shyla Varad, etc.) all had a Rebellion-branded Hero sheet. That seemed to me to make it clear there that would never be a need for mercenary Hero sheets. (Imperial Anti-heroes are an entirely different thing...)

On 3/8/2020 at 11:09 AM, player3941054 said:

Had some custom deployments cards made for a while now- just wanted to get some opinions on this one Deployment Card - Empire - General Grievous, Jedi Hunter.iadc

Glad you're enjoying it. You're normally more likely to get feedback on cards if you show just the image, though (export the card as an image, upload that to something like imgbb.com, then insert it as a linked image into your post).

49 minutes ago, Bitterman said:

I chose not to spend time on that, sorry, because the mercenary figures that are playable as heroes (Onar Koma, Shyla Varad, etc.) all had a Rebellion-branded Hero sheet. That seemed to me to make it clear there that would never be a need for mercenary Hero sheets. (Imperial Anti-heroes are an entirely different thing...)

I understand. I would, however, be great to have it, for it would be easier to make mercenary campaign which I'm doing now.

For some reason I am unable to open Condition Cards that I've created. I keep getting some error. Is this a known issue or no?

3 hours ago, rainmaker23 said:

For some reason I am unable to open Condition Cards that I've created. I keep getting some error. Is this a known issue or no?

Wasn't aware of that one - I'll get a fix out ASAP.

11 minutes ago, Bitterman said:

Wasn't aware of that one - I'll get a fix out ASAP.

Appreciate it! If u need more info, let me know

3 minutes ago, rainmaker23 said:

Just tried it on one of mine, and it's working for me.

Can you please send me the file you're trying to open, and a screen grab of the error, to [email protected] (or go to Help -> Report a Bug or Suggestion).

13 hours ago, rainmaker23 said:

I'm pretty sure I've fixed this now (though still couldn't reproduce the crash). Try downloading the latest version from the usual place and see if it solves your problem.