Dominion cycle

By RafaelNN, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

Oh I misunderstood the Rally keyword

We can also assume that there will be other rally cards. Assuming 1 per Clan, that ist a 34 cards dynasty Deck. With the mulligan and City of the rich frog Decks one can almost Garantie a T1 uji or any Others Charakter start.

So yeah, here we go back to 30/30 or spirits style for all of you who remember it. Not that I am complaining... just stating.

So here are some predictions for Provinces in this Cycle

Basic Element Eminent
Crab Shrug off Despair Void Maemikake
Crane Earth Shizuka Toshi
Dragon Water Kyuden Tonbo
Lion Earth Ninkatoshi
Phoenix Water Kakudaira
Scorpion Fire Ryoko Owari
Unicorn Void Khanbulak
Air Keeper only City of the Rich Frog
Earth Seeker only
Fire
Void Seeker only
Water Keeper only

Why would Crane's core box stronghold be reprinted as an eminent province? You actually couldn't even use them together in that case, since they would presumably both be unique.

Edited by Kaito Kikaze
1 hour ago, Kaito Kikaze said:

Why would Crane's core box stronghold be reprinted as an eminent province? You actually couldn't even use them together in that case, since they would presumably both be unique.

That's a remarkably good question. I have no idea why I type Shizuka Toshi in there.

Possibly I meant Samui Kaze Toshi.

Or they use Shiro Kandai or Seven Folds Palace

19 minutes ago, Schmoozies said:

Or they use Shiro Kandai or Seven Folds Palace

That seems unlikely, given that the other eminent cards we know are population centres rather than castles or palaces.

16 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

That seems unlikely, given that the other eminent cards we know are population centres rather than castles or palaces.

Castles by their nature tend to be population centers, Kandai is a major trade hub, and Seven Folds is a major artisan academy

Okay, I was wrong twice, so I'm gong to stop with the guessing of Province names. However, the article gave us some new information.

Set 3 of the Cycle appears to only have 3 1-ofs in it. I suspect that this means the other 3 are 3 1-ofs as well. This means that we'll have a total of 24 single cards in the whole Cycle, which is about the right number. The breakdown of these would be:

• 7 Clan Provinces (completing the set of elements for each clan)
  • 7 Clan Eminent Provinces
  • 5 Neutral Provinces (completing the set of elements for the Keeper and Seeker provinces)
  • 1+ Neutral Eminent Provinces
  • 1-3 Strongholds (Scorpion, possibly adding Crab, Crane and or Phoenix)
  • 0-3 other things (Holdings or Philosophy events maybe)

That's a total of 136 different cards, and I think it comes out as 18 per Clan + 10 Neutral. My google sheets go into more detail. Each additional pack with 6 1-ofs in the last 3 would increase the neutral count by 2, I reckon.

With the announcement of pack 4 yesterday, I can do just a bit more logic puzzle on the various cards. Here is where I think we are at the moment:

Pack Card Name Faction Deck Type Traits Rules Cost
14D:1RaW 1 Shrug off Despair Crab Province Void
14D:1RaW 2 Crane Province Earth
14D:1RaW 3 Dragon Province
14D:1RaW 4 Ninkatoshi Y Lion Province Earth Water City Eminent
14D:1RaW 5 Kakudaira Y Phoenix Province City Eminent
14D:1RaW 6 City of the Rich Frog Y Neutral Province Earth Void City Eminent
14D:1RaW 7 Crab Dynasty
14D:1RaW 8 Kakita Yoshi Y Crane Dynasty Character Courtier. Daimyo. Imperial. 5
14D:1RaW 9 Dragon Dynasty
14D:1RaW 10 Lion Dynasty
14D:1RaW 11 Phoenix Dynasty
14D:1RaW 12 Scorpion Dynasty
14D:1RaW 13 Unicorn Dynasty
14D:1RaW 14 A Season of War Neutral Dynasty Event Rally 1
14D:1RaW 15 Crab Conflict
14D:1RaW 16 Crane Conflict
14D:1RaW 17 Educated Heimin Dragon Conflict Attachment Follower. 0
14D:1RaW 18 Lion Conflict
14D:1RaW 19 Phoenix Conflict
14D:1RaW 20 Scorpion Conflict
14D:1RaW 21 Paralysing Delicacy Scorpion Conflict Event Poison. 0
14D:1RaW 22 Unicorn Conflict
14D:1RaW 23 Unicorn Conflict
14D:1RaW 24 Neutral Conflict
14D:2SS 25 Seven Stings Keep Y Scorpion Stronghold Castle. +7
14D:2SS 26 Shinsei's Last Hope Y Crab Province EarthWater Village. Eminent.
14D:2SS 27 Lion Province
14D:2SS 28 Phoenix Province
14D:2SS 29 Unicorn Province
14D:2SS 30 Neutral Province
14D:2SS 31 Crab Dynasty
14D:2SS 32 Crane Dynasty
14D:2SS 33 Crane Dynasty
14D:2SS 34 Traveling Philosopher Dragon Dynasty Character Monk. 3
14D:2SS 35 Lion Dynasty
14D:2SS 36 Inspired Visionary Phoenix Dynasty Character Shugenja. Air. 1
14D:2SS 37 Phoenix Dynasty
14D:2SS 38 Dispatch to Nowhere Scorpion Dynasty Event 1
14D:2SS 39 Twilight Rider Unicorn Dynasty Character Bushi. Cavalry. Scout. Rally. 3
14D:2SS 40 Neutral Dynasty
14D:2SS 41 Disciple of Shinsei Neutral Dynasty Character Monk. Brotherhood. 2
14D:2SS 42 Crab Conflict
14D:2SS 43 Highlight the Flaws Crane Conflict Event 1
14D:2SS 44 Dragon Conflict
14D:2SS 45 Lion Conflict
14D:2SS 46 Phoenix Conflict
14D:2SS 47 Scorpion Conflict
14D:2SS 48 Unicorn Conflict
14D:3IPoT 49 Tsuma Y Crane Province AirFire City. Eminent.
14D:3IPoT 50 Silent Ones Monastery Y Scorpion Province Temple. Eminent.
14D:3IPoT 51 Neutral Province
14D:3IPoT 52 Crab Dynasty
14D:3IPoT 53 Crab Dynasty
14D:3IPoT 54 Asahina Augur Crane Dynasty Character Shugenja. Air. 2
14D:3IPoT 55 Dragon Dynasty
14D:3IPoT 56 Dynasty
14D:3IPoT 57 Dynasty
14D:3IPoT 58 Phoenix Dynasty
14D:3IPoT 59 Scorpion Dynasty
14D:3IPoT 60 Scholar of Old Renpet Unicorn Dynasty Character Shugenja. Rally. 1
14D:3IPoT 61 Unicorn Dynasty
14D:3IPoT 62 Crab Conflict
14D:3IPoT 63 The Wealth of the Crane Crane Conflict Event 5
14D:3IPoT 64 Dragon Conflict
14D:3IPoT 65 Conflict
14D:3IPoT 66 Shori Y Lion Conflict Attachment Weapon. Ancestral. Restricted. 2
14D:3IPoT 67 Conflict
14D:3IPoT 68 Study of the Natural World Phoenix Conflict Event 2
14D:3IPoT 69 Scorpion Conflict
14D:3IPoT 70 Unicorn Conflict
14D:4CoC 71 Hayaken no Shiro Y Lion Stronghold Castle. +7
14D:4CoC 72 Dragon Province
14D:4CoC 73 The Pursuit of Justice Neutral Province Water
14D:4CoC 74 Crab Dynasty
14D:4CoC 75 Crab Dynasty
14D:4CoC 76 Local Daimyo's Retainer Crane Dynasty Character Bushi. Ronin. 1
14D:4CoC 77 Crane Dynasty
14D:4CoC 78 Dragon Dynasty
14D:4CoC 79 Ikoma Tsanuri Y Lion Dynasty Character Bushi. Commander. Rally. 2
14D:4CoC 80 Phoenix Dynasty
14D:4CoC 81 Phoenix Dynasty
14D:4CoC 82 Shadow Stalker Scorpion Dynasty Character Bushi. Shadow. Shinobi. Rally. 2
14D:4CoC 83 Scorpion Dynasty
14D:4CoC 84 Unicorn Dynasty
14D:4CoC 85 Unicorn Dynasty
14D:4CoC 86 Crab Conflict
14D:4CoC 87 Crane Conflict Keeper Only.
14D:4CoC 88 Dragon Conflict
14D:4CoC 89 Under Siege Lion Conflict Event Fire Only. 1
14D:4CoC 90 Phoenix Conflict
14D:4CoC 91 Forgery Scorpion Conflict Event 1
14D:4CoC 92 Unicorn Conflict
17 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:
14D:2SS 43 Highlight the Flaws Crane Conflict Event 1

First off, nice list, as always, but you forgot that Highlight the Flaws is a Fire role locked card. ^^

Which also had me wondering, if crane gets a fire locked card, of which the already have one, and lion gets a fire locked card, which would be the last element they are missing, are we going to get two elemental locked cards per clan this cycle?

On 2/28/2020 at 4:05 PM, Amathul said:

First off, nice list, as always, but you forgot that Highlight the Flaws is a Fire role locked card. ^^

Which also had me wondering, if crane gets a fire locked card, of which the already have one, and lion gets a fire locked card, which would be the last element they are missing, are we going to get two elemental locked cards per clan this cycle?

Having now seen the full contents of Rokugan at War, I consider it highly likely. Not to mention some Keeper and Seeker-locked cards.

So is this the last cycle before FFG decides to discontinue the game? I played this game a lot in the first two cycles and want to get back into the game only if FFG is going to continue to support the game here on out. There is only 4 packs in this cycle so i was just curious if they were releasing more or if this it.

20 minutes ago, bearyweary said:

So is this the last cycle before FFG decides to discontinue the game? I played this game a lot in the first two cycles and want to get back into the game only if FFG is going to continue to support the game here on out. There is only 4 packs in this cycle so i was just curious if they were releasing more or if this it.

We don’t work for FFG so i have to say....how the furk!ng h3lL would you expect us to honestly know the answer?!?

Edited by Hyperjayman
13 minutes ago, Hyperjayman said:

We don’t work for FFG so i have to say....how the furk!ng h3lL would you expect us to honestly know the answer?!?

uh by giving me an update on the game state instead of being a **** head.

5 minutes ago, bearyweary said:

uh by giving me an update on the game state instead of being a **** head.

I’m being like this because your being extremely lazy. You have the internet at your finger tips.

Is the game being canceled? Well you could have used a search engine to find that out.
Is this the last pack in the cycle? There is literally a product page for the game that should give you an idea of what the answer is.

6 minutes ago, Hyperjayman said:

I’m being like this because your being extremely lazy. You have the internet at your finger tips.

Is the game being canceled? Well you could have used a search engine to find that out.
Is this the last pack in the cycle? There is literally a product page for the game that should give you an idea of what the answer is.

lol Lazy? Use your head. What better way to understand the state of the game and its possible longevity from the community dumb ***. You think I didnt reach out to FFG already? God youre dumb. That's the first thing I did. And wow the product page tells a lot hmmm. Looks very similar to Android, Warhammer Conquest, Warhammer Invasion, 3 other LCGs they discontinued. Looking for the opinion of the people who play game and their opinion if the game will falter or not. Of course FFG gave me no clear info hence why I reached out here *******.

17 hours ago, bearyweary said:

We don't know if this is the last cycle, but there are signs that it is not. Agot and SW lcg had rumors beforehand that playtesting didn't receive new cards and Netrunner and Warhammer were canceled die to licensing issues. A cycle contains of 6 dynasty packs and I haven't seen any contrary informations.

Everything I've heard suggests that there is more to come - like the Ancestral Armour of the Crab, which is in no set so far, but will be a promo card with the Crab novella.

Anyway, cards for the second pack:

14D:2SS 25 Seven Stings Keep Y Scorpion Stronghold Castle. +7
14D:2SS 26 Shinsei's Last Hope Y Crab Province Earth Water Village. Eminent.
14D:2SS 27 Spectral Visitation Lion Province Earth Spirit.
14D:2SS 28 Retire to the Brotherhood Phoenix Province Water
14D:2SS 29 Wind's Path Unicorn Province Fire Water Road. Eminent
14D:2SS 30 Driven by Courage Neutral Province Air
14D:2SS 31 Butcher of the Fallen Crab Dynasty Character Bushi. Berserker. Rally. 4
14D:2SS 32 Cunning Negotiator Crane Dynasty Character Courtier. Duellist. Rally. 4
14D:2SS 33 Daidoji Marketplace Crane Dynasty Holding Marketplace. Rally.
14D:2SS 34 Traveling Philosopher Dragon Dynasty Character Monk. 3
14D:2SS 35 Chronicler of Conquests Lion Dynasty Character Courtier. 1
14D:2SS 36 Inspired Visionary Phoenix Dynasty Character Shugenja. Air. 1
14D:2SS 37 Thunder Guard Elite Scorpion Dynasty Character Bushi. Pride. 4
14D:2SS 38 Dispatch to Nowhere Scorpion Dynasty Event 1
14D:2SS 39 Twilight Rider Unicorn Dynasty Character Bushi. Cavalry. Scout. Rally. 3
14D:2SS 40 Moto Stables Unicorn Dynasty Holding
14D:2SS 41 Disciple of Shinsei Neutral Dynasty Character Monk. Brotherhood. 2
14D:2SS 42 Obsidian Talisman Crab Conflict Attachment Item. Shadowlands. Void only. 0
14D:2SS 43 Highlight the Flaws Crane Conflict Event Fire only 1
14D:2SS 44 Mountaintop Vigil Dragon Conflict Event Void only. 1
14D:2SS 45 Logistics Lion Conflict Event Tactic. 0
14D:2SS 46 Ethereal Alignment Phoenix Conflict Event Spell. Void. 5
14D:2SS 47 Suffer the Consequences Scorpion Conflict Event Earth only. 2
14D:2SS 48 Never Yield Unicorn Conflict Event Philosophy. 0

The Thunder Guard are the garrison of Ryoko Owari, and the Governor of that city, Shosuro Hyobu, shows up on the art for Suffer the Consequences. Are we gong to return there at some point?

Edited by Tonbo Karasu
5 hours ago, Ignithas said:

We don't know if this is the last cycle, but there are signs that it is not. Agot and SW lcg had rumors beforehand that playtesting didn't receive new cards and Netrunner and Warhammer were canceled die to licensing issues. A cycle contains of 6 dynasty packs and I haven't seen any contrary informations.

Also why would it be discontinued? FFG owns L5R and they are already discontinuing the rpg. They wont want to cut off all income from that line

41 minutes ago, RafaelNN said:

Also why would it be discontinued? FFG owns L5R and they are already discontinuing the rpg. They wont want to cut off all income from that line

No they're not. The RPG is being moved to a new home, in EDGE entertainment, a different branch of Asmodée.

15 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

No they're not. The RPG is being moved to a new home, in EDGE entertainment, a different branch of Asmodée.

from guatemala to guatepeor

16 hours ago, RafaelNN said:

AS mentioned L5R RPG (along with all the other FFG produced ones and the CMON Zombicide game) are being moved to another studio in the Asmodee group. We've also had the announcement of a 3rd Novel in the new line from the book imprint they set up as well so I think that their is some pretty strong evidence that they aren't abandoning the IP at the moment.

I stand corrected