Trust Me- 2019 Halloween Fiction

By Shiba Gunichi, in L5R LCG: Lore Discussion

On 11/2/2019 at 3:16 AM, Miwt said:

Is the monster in any of the rpg books? (Old or current edition) I want my PCs to meet this guy.

The behavior reminds me of the 4th edition Buruburu https://l5r.fandom.com/wiki/Buruburu . However the manual doesn’t give a physical description, so it might not be. There are several oni which could also fit.

10 hours ago, Shiba Gunichi said:

Can't have it giving the game away.

Eh.... my question there... is how and when? It clearly emerges from its cocoon to feed on Azusa's blood, after she had been moved to sufficient misery to end her own life with the fog-root- which Tadaka left for her on purpose.

Given Kuni Yori's immediate presence at the end? It is laughable to think she wasn't under constant observation- and given his words to Tadaka and what we know of the Crab, it's equally laughable to think that the observation would have been left to Tadaka alone- after all, what if the Phoenix couldn't do what the Kuni would?

People who would leave a lethal poison in reach of a woman suffering intense misery to insure her suicide to draw out the creature would hardly leave something like a beloved pet around to make her cling to life- and if the thing were vulnerable when "feeding," then they could have killed it when it was feeding on the dog.

Pretty sure I'm with Manchu's suspicions on this one. Poor Tazu.

The thing is they needed the tongue so it needed to be feeding, if it just swatted at the dog and killed it that way it doesn't fulfill their need so they could easily have let it go and waited for the "real" show

8 hours ago, Schmoozies said:

The thing is they needed the tongue so it needed to be feeding, if it just swatted at the dog and killed it that way it doesn't fulfill their need so they could easily have let it go and waited for the "real" show

I dunno, all the talk of the cocoon... I don't think it actually came out and moved about until the end.

It was clearly affecting the priest without coming out of its cocoon, it's possible it similarly affected the dog to kill it...if it doesn't want to feed on animals, then it wouldn't have needed to come out at all. I would think if the shugenja had killed it, they wouldn't have done so right in the same room where the body would start to decompose.

The corpse of the dog is outside of the shrine.

On 11/3/2019 at 8:56 PM, Manchu said:

The corpse of the dog is outside of the shrine.

Dingdingdingding.

Poor Tazu.........….? :angry:

Shadowlands got to eat too! ;)

Not applicable, in this case.

Kaiju? :D

Edited by Ishi Tonu